What's new

NHL Thread 2011-12

blinky

Noob
Changes this year

- Goodbye Atlanta Thrashers, hello (again) Winnipeg >Jets. They'll play at the MTS Centre, now the league's smallest arena (and the Manitoba Moose will move to St. Johns, Newfoundland). But they will remain in the Southeast Division this year.
- Lightning and Predators have new jerseys
- Jaromir Jagr returns after a brief stay in Russia, he's going to be a Flyer.
- Cap ceiling increased to $64.3M, cap floor at $48.3M.
- Winter Classic is Rangers @ Flyers at Citizens Bank Park.

Summer sucks, drop the puck. And GO PREDS.

blinky

Noob
In other news, Sergei Kostitsyn heads for salary arbitration, pending a ruling by the league on the issue of whether Nashville sent qualifying offers to their RFA's (including SK) in a timely fashion.

In tragic news, Brett Lebda is still a Nashville Predator. :drink::rant3:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Fuck Nashville :D

Even tho my team BLOWS, but we got Jeff Carter and the attitude here in Columbus it seems has made a BIG change. No reason this team cant make the playoffs this year (just like last year :()

DanCock

Cock Master!!
sabres got themselves a very very rich owner and they spent money wisely this off season so far :D we have the defense now (reiger and ehrhoff), the goalie and forwards. only thing lacking is a true TRUE #1 center but ATM we have 3 solid centers in the newly acquired Leino and derek roy as long as he comes back from his injury fine..

havent looked to see if anyone has signed Drury after he was bought out by the rangers. i know hes not who he once was and is still recovering from an injury from last season, i wouldnt mind if the sabres signed him to a very cheap contract and use him as a player coach. Drury should have never left buffalo, he was treated like a King there but he chose his home town team and they just dumped him..

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I hope my Rangers do better, they signed one of the best players in the league from Dallas so I'm hyped for that!

Tremloc

Noob
I hope my Rangers do better, they signed one of the best players in the league from Dallas so I'm hyped for that!
Yeah Richards was/is good, but he's an above-average player making superstar money in NY. The rangers have always had money to throw around and the rangers are certainly a better team for signing richards.

It's unfortunate Hicks screwed Dallas so badly and the ownership situation has taken so long to resolve. With Richards + some solid D signings we would have been a very good team. Now we lose our best offensive player, made some OK defensive signings, and still have no owner. I do think our defense has improved since last season but losing richards is certainly going to put a rather large dent in our offensive production.

I$AAC

Kombatant
I'm a season ticket holder for the Lightning. I just hope they sign Stamkos already. GO BOLTS!

MKF30

Yeah Richards was/is good, but he's an above-average player making superstar money in NY. The rangers have always had money to throw around and the rangers are certainly a better team for signing richards.

It's unfortunate Hicks screwed Dallas so badly and the ownership situation has taken so long to resolve. With Richards + some solid D signings we would have been a very good team. Now we lose our best offensive player, made some OK defensive signings, and still have no owner. I do think our defense has improved since last season but losing richards is certainly going to put a rather large dent in our offensive production.

Yeah, lots of issues with certain organizations I've noticed...it took my team over 10 years just to be competitive again lol

blinky

Noob
Matt Halischuk, Nick Spaling, Cal O'Reilly and Chris Mueller re-signed. Kostitsyn and Weber still yet to be re-signed. Hoping that youth can carry Nashville back to the playoffs...and that they can trade for a top forward later in the year.

MKF30

I hope Lundvquist does better this year, he seemed a little off last year.

I$AAC

Kombatant
Steven Stamkos: Still a Lightning. $37.5 million over 5 years.

Was it ever in doubt?
the way they've been clearing room for him, not really. But if the Rays taught us anything is to not take anyone for granted. I'm happy, GO BOLTS!!

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
My Capitals loaded up this off season. Stole Vokoun from Florida, robbed Colorado of a 1st and 2nd round pick, signed Joel Ward for too much money, got Brouwer and much more. I am so sick of watching us get bounced out of the playoffs early every year. Hopefully this is our year, but I have been saying that for the past 10 years now. And to the guy who said Lundqvist was "off" last year, his stats say otherwise. 11 shutouts (lead the league) and .923 save %. Those numbers look pretty good to me. His defense and offense failed him in the play offs. I would take him on my team any day.

blinky

Noob
Buffalo Sabres are definitely cool with me. They're no longer my #1 team but if they ever finally win it all, I'll be happy with it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Buffalo Sabres are definitely cool with me. They're no longer my #1 team but if they ever finally win it all, I'll be happy with it.
It's finally a good time to be a sabre fan. They have a new owner that actually spends money. Mainly due to him being the richest owner in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk