What's new

Next Mortal Kombat "confirmed" in development; will release alongside feature film

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
i actually want mk fire and ice first and then mk10 in 2016 :(. i want injustice live longer and nrs would have more time to make mk10, mk10 should be the best fg of all time :p.
or maybe wb should hire another company, like the people who make god of war, to make mk fire and ice, with ed boon as an advisor!!!
shit, i can't wait!!!

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Omg! I can't wait to have my sais, fans, fireballs, d1s, d4s, and levi-cancels back! It's been too long ;_;

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
The consequences of dropping the MK9 engine would be pretty tremendous.

That means lots of time and resources going into developing that whole new engine as opposed to content (as in characters) and design/balance.

It's basically saying "hey nrs plz make another mess that won't get fixed because you don't believe in revisional releases".

But they're probably gonna do it anyway because they place value sculpting something new as opposed to touching up/polishing what they've already built. This will get them praise from the casual gaming audience and critics, since fighters are often criticised for "repetitious" releases, but I can't say it bodes well for my interests.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
But they're probably gonna do it anyway because they place value sculpting something new as opposed to touching up/polishing what they've already built. This will get them praise from the casual gaming audience and critics, since fighters are often criticised for "repetitious" releases, but I can't say it bodes well for my interests.
I don't think they'll do it because MK is a tourny fighter now. Sure, they'll probably add a bunch of new mechanics 'n' shizz but I doubt they'll rebuild it from the ground up.

Minh Giang

Ok great, I need my Sindel, my Fujin and my Motaro NRS! dammit!! HYPE!! dammit!!
sorry, Sindel and Motaro are dead, and they don't want to fuck up MK story by bringing back dead chars soon. But i'm pretty sure they will mk9 dead chars will be reborn in MK11 or MK12, 13,... lol.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I Think next Mortal Kombat will continue the storyline of MK4, (very clear in the end of MK9) and not mk3/umk3, for that As all know MK9 summarize the entire trilogy. In regard to game mechanics I think could also include the RUN ability, as also the use of weapons for each character, as we know stage transitions come from mk3, i like the idea to see them in the next MK (uppercut stage transition MK style)

Also likely a reboot of deception and armagedon (in 2d bviously) this order to create a new storyline and include a lot of characters from those 2 games.

I think that within the game mechanics include fighting styles would be interesting, this could provide a little more diversity especially in the MU.
Fighting style is like have two versions of the same character (without looses his identity in the game) I mean:

- Fighting style (selectionable in game)

Perhaps certain fighting styles might favor to characters without zoning,
or providing them a specific tools to deal against it, or providing zoning.
(this would provide greater diversity in the MU, or counter picking without having to select another character)

- Weapons and Run by default, or maybe Weapon as one Fighting style.

Minh Giang

I Think next Mortal Kombat will continue the storyline of MK4, (very clear in the end of MK9) and not mk3/umk3, for that As all know MK9 summarize the entire trilogy. In regard to game mechanics I think could also include the RUN ability, as also the use of weapons for each character, as we know stage transitions come from mk3, i like the idea to see them in the next MK (uppercut stage transition MK style)

Also likely a reboot of deception and armagedon (in 2d bviously) this order to create a new storyline and include a lot of characters from those 2 games.

I think that within the game mechanics include fighting styles would be interesting, this could provide a little more diversity especially in the MU.
Fighting style is like have two versions of the same character (without looses his identity in the game) I mean:

- Fighting style (selectionable in game)

Perhaps certain fighting styles might favor to characters without zoning,
or providing them a specific tools to deal against it, or providing zoning.
(this would provide greater diversity in the MU, or counter picking without having to select another character)

- Weapons and Run by default, or maybe Weapon as one Fighting style.
lol no one says mk will continue MK4's storyline, it will use MK4's storyline but continue MK9's. And fuck that fighting styles 3D era MK wannabe :p, i want trait system for MK10.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I really hope they don't do an alternate version of MK4's story. Gotta stop living in the past.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
sorry, Sindel and Motaro are dead, and they don't want to fuck up MK story by bringing back dead chars soon. But i'm pretty sure they will mk9 dead chars will be reborn in MK11 or MK12, 13,... lol.
i don't remember sindel dying in the story mode ? I know Motaro is dead though :(
And besides half of the MK cast is gone, they have to bring them back

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
lol no one says mk will continue MK4's storyline, it will use MK4's storyline but continue MK9's. And fuck that fighting styles 3D era MK wannabe :p, i want trait system for MK10.
Yes, is true, but perhaps they are based on mk4 history to create a reboot.