What's new

Next Gen Tech Dome Corner Setup

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
So as we know the first function of Tech Dome is the damage reduction from projectiles but there is also the KB off a back throw it you do it inside the Dome and as long as the Dome is active at the start of the throw animation.

Basically this video showcases that corner combos (I just did a basic one to demonstrate) ending in 112 xx Tech Dome is a safe setup against every U3 in the game (yes I tested them all lol). Now you have to cancel the third hit of 112 into Tech Dome in order to be safe if you let the whole string rock you wilp be punished. But with this there is another potential layer of corner game offence that can be used.

Hope this helps

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Is it safe against wakeup throw?
Damn it Braindead lol. Just checked and throw is not a punish, there is enough time to neutral duck or tech the throw.

Nice set up but I dont like the idea of putting myself in the corner.
You don't have to put yourself in the corner, it just sets up the mind game. Normally if you throw in the corner you do forward throws to keep them there so most people will tech that way. With Dome out they will now fear a potential throw to keep them in the corner, or take 310 damage, obviously guessing wrong means the next wrong guess on a regular throw is a KB as well.

So I guess it is less the Tech Dome KB throw being scary itself but more the threat of it being there. You could just setup the Dome and not throw at all but just pressure with buttons the entire time.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Damn it Braindead lol. Just checked and throw is not a punish, there is enough time to neutral duck or tech the throw.
Hey you gotta make sure lol. Wakeup throws is still a thing in this game and from the video it looked like you were able to block the wakeup U3 at the very end of the start up frames so I thought wakeup throws might just beat it

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
You don't have to put yourself in the corner, it just sets up the mind game. Normally if you throw in the corner you do forward throws to keep them there so most people will tech that way. With Dome out they will now fear a potential throw to keep them in the corner, or take 310 damage, obviously guessing wrong means the next wrong guess on a regular throw is a KB as well.

So I guess it is less the Tech Dome KB throw being scary itself but more the threat of it being there. You could just setup the Dome and not throw at all but just pressure with buttons the entire time.
I see what you are saying now.Tbh I have not tried this variation yet I've been having so much fun with 1st Round KO I haven't found the time but anyway I like set ups that give me multiple options so when I do lab Next Gen I'll try it out.

Nice 2 Know could you post some Next Gen Jaquie Combos (would safe me some time finding em myself) this Variation seems very underrated cuz you don`t see big numbers but the grenade launcher does insane work.