What's new

[NEWS] Ultimate Hunter, Predator, Tremor, Tanya, and Jason join Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Is it bad that I wanna counter pick Jason if someone else selects Jax or Jacqui? Should be free right? Do whatever it takes to win. Lmao

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I think that mock-up of the select screen is close, but I think it will only be 2-wide up the middle so as not to overwhelm the interactions between the characters too much.

I am somewhat unfamiliar with Mortal Kombat after MKDA and before MK9. Boon said that MKX would debut more fighters than any other MK title. For the experts, has NRS lived up to that with these 8 new characters (excluding Jason and Predator of course)?

trufenix

bye felicia
I am somewhat unfamiliar with Mortal Kombat after MKDA and before MK9. Boon said that MKX would debut more fighters than any other MK title. For the experts, has NRS lived up to that with these 8 new characters (excluding Jason and Predator of course)?
MKX has 8 new characters (Jacqui, Takeda, Cassie, Kung Jin, Kotal, D'Vorah, Ferr/Torr, Erron) which matches MKDe which also had 8 newbies. 4 also has 8 if you consider Meat new (don't), and you can give MKDe 9 if you want to count Noob/Smoke as a new character (don't).

Edit: I miscounted, cause seriously, fuck Kira. Deception has 9 without Noob Smoke. But again, fuck Kira.

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
It really looks like Tanya was left on the MK9 cutting room floor. The lighting is all different on her, the shading/shadows are off and she has the same face as the other MK9 females. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the last one to be released to give them more time to get her right.
Character isn't done and she will be the second character released. Read the OP

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Nope, not even close.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
But
MK2 had Jax, Baraka, Shang, Mileena, Kitana, Reptile, Kung Lao.
MK3 had Stryker, RoboSmoke, Sektor, Cyrax, Sheeva, Kabal, Night Wolf
MKX has FerraTorr,Tremor, Takeda, Kung Jin, Jacqui, Cassie, Erron Black, Davorah, Kotal

I don't count 3d MK.
I don't even know how to respond to that...

But, here's the breakdown:

If the initial roster is 24, then that leaves 10 spots for new characters and since NRS said that MKX will have MORE new characters of any MK game to date, this will only hold true if they have more than the ten in MKDA as listed below:

*NOTE: New characters that are unplayable when they are introduced are not counted if/when they become playable in a future game.

MK2 - 5 new playable characters + 5 unplayable (Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Baraka ... Shang and Reptile are in MK1 but not playable so not new ... unplayable Noob, Smoke, and Jade hidden characters and unplayable bosses Shao Kahn and Kintaro are not counted)
MK3 - 8 new playable characters + 1 unplayable (Sindel, Stryker, Cyber Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Kabal ... unplayable Motaro boss not counted)
UMK3 - 1 new playable character + 1 unplayable (Ermac ... unplayable Rain intro character not counted)
MK4 - 8 new playable characters (Kai, Shinnok, Reiko, Jarek, Tanya, Fujin, Quan Chi, Meat)
MKDA - 10 new playable characters + 1 unplayable (Bo' Rai Cho, Li Mei, Kenshi, Mavado, Nitara, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Frost, Mokap, Blaze ... unplayable Moloch boss not counted)
MKD - 8 new playable characters + 1 unplayable (Havik, Shujinko, Hotaru, Ashrah, Dairou, Kobra, Darrius, Kira ... unplayable Onaga boss not counted)
MKA - 3 new characters (Taven, Daegon, Sareena)
MK9 - 2 new characters (Skarlet, Cyber Sub-Zero)

MKDA has the most new characters to date.

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Wow, this so awesome and I think that Tremor looks epically bad ass! I had a feeling NRS were going to save some real big hitters for the Kombat Pack DLC but they exceeded my expectations. I mean dang not 1 but 2 iconic movie chacters plus 2 more iconic movie character skins,1 long awaited charcter requested by fans to be put into a MK fg,a highly requested character from MK4, plus all those kick ass skins. Man, talk about a Mega Hype Explosion!

Only thing is now that Tremor is in the game my quest for a main in MKX thickens (Ferra Torr,Mileena,Shinnok,Tremor,Sub-Zero). Especially considering that there is a Oklahoma MKX tournament coming up at the end of April.

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
I don't even know how to respond to that...

But, here's the breakdown:

If the initial roster is 24, then that leaves 10 spots for new characters and since NRS said that MKX will have MORE new characters of any MK game to date, this will only hold true if they have more than the ten in MKDA as listed below:

*NOTE: New characters that are unplayable when they are introduced are not counted if/when they become playable in a future game.

MK2 - 5 new playable characters + 5 unplayable (Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Baraka ... Shang and Reptile are in MK1 but not playable so not new ... unplayable Noob, Smoke, and Jade hidden characters and unplayable bosses Shao Kahn and Kintaro are not counted)
MK3 - 8 new playable characters + 1 unplayable (Sindel, Stryker, Cyber Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Kabal ... unplayable Motaro boss not counted)
UMK3 - 1 new playable character + 1 unplayable (Ermac ... unplayable Rain intro character not counted)
MK4 - 8 new playable characters (Kai, Shinnok, Reiko, Jarek, Tanya, Fujin, Quan Chi, Meat)
MKDA - 10 new playable characters + 1 unplayable (Bo' Rai Cho, Li Mei, Kenshi, Mavado, Nitara, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Frost, Mokap, Blaze ... unplayable Moloch boss not counted)
MKD - 8 new playable characters + 1 unplayable (Havik, Shujinko, Hotaru, Ashrah, Dairou, Kobra, Darrius, Kira ... unplayable Onaga boss not counted)
MKA - 3 new characters (Taven, Daegon, Sareena)
MK9 - 2 new characters (Skarlet, Cyber Sub-Zero)

MKDA has the most new characters to date.
I think that that was deconfirmed! MKX wil NOT have more new characters than MKDA. I don´t remember exactly where I saw that... if I remember I´ll post the link.

I wonder how the fatalities and X-rays are going to look on these guys since they all have full masks on.

And why does everyone think Tremor will just be another Jax? If anything he will probably be more like Doomsday.

MK Led

Umbasa
I remember Ed saying that mkx introduces the most fighters besides probably DA. Which looks to be true, it's just also on par with a few other mk games as well. I wish new characters had a chance for the more dlc we're probably going to get, but it doesn't seem likely. We are missing a few of the better classic characters though, so any more dlc we get will probably be worthwhile regardless.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I guess. Incidentally, a character I've always wanted to play as is a flying monk from MK2.

You talking about not counting 3d MK, or just the post?
Not counting 3D.

I've always wanted to play as one of the white/black mask guards lol

I loved the 3D generation and played them all. I very much prefer the 2D games and now MK9/MKX but they are all MK to me.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Anyone think the question mark spot is just a placeholder?

Perhaps that can be Liu's spot when you unlock him after completing story mode.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I just noticed Tremor has rocky chest. Hot.

He's not as big as I expected him to be though... Hopefully this is just the preview version.