What's new

News from Gamestop about midnight release.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Hey everybody,

Just got back from Gamestop to upgrade to the BE (wanted to wait for the fight stick to be revealed) and I asked the manager who was there if they where going to have a midnight release Monday night.

He said that earlier today they received emails from corporate saying that it is the individual stores choice to have a midnight release but if they do, they have to cut back on staff for a few hours here and there so they could stay within their allotted store hours.

He said that they are having one at that location because their has been a good amount of inquiries and pre-orders but the one about ten miles away isn't because there wasn't a lot of pre-orders and the manager didn't feel it was "necessary" or "a big enough release" to warrant a midnight release.

Just thought I'd pass this along to you guys. If your local GS isn't thinking about having one, maybe give them a call. Maybe if they receive enough interest they will.

Good day fellow peeps.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Yeah, both of the GameStops near me are doing a midnight release. Neither one is doing a tournament though. But if any of you guys go, don't be shy, let them know about TYM and that they can get better by participating on the boards.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I even said to the manager that from reading up on TYM that many people aren't having midnight releases at their gamestop. He was cool about it. I have to check my receipt and send a nice comment into corporate about him. He didn't even try shoving preorders on me which was refreshing.

I have three Gamestops within a half hour of me (this is the closest one). I'm gonna give the third one I didn't mention a ring and see if they are going to have one.

It sucks because I know there is a ton if hype for this game and they aren't having a nationwide midnight release like they do for pretty much EVERY game that comes out.

Cibernetico

Kombatant
If that's the case, wouldn't surprise me if the one in midtown Manhattan has one. With Jim Hanley's Universe and Midtown Comics in the area, it'll just be extra cash for all of them.

echelonNYK

Mortal
i never understood the fascination with midnight releases. Around those hours the last thing on my mind is playing video games. I'll just wait til the sun comes up to get my copy.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Doesnt hurt to have 15 random friends call gamestop and ask for a tournament lol. There might not be enough people there to have a tourny but atleast you can check the game out the night before that way.

Injustice comes out on a school day for me. There is a mall literally a block
Away from my school. I can just pick up my copy and take the bus from my
Mall