What's new

Newegg MK9 Online Xbox Tournament - 20k in prizes, October 17th

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Because the matches have to be hosted in private matches, i think (i will test tonight when i get on) that if you alter your game settings at the main menu to be a FT3 (aka best of 5) and the timer to 99 minutes, if it doesn't happen then, i guess it was a big typo on their part
Does winner keep character?

5 rounds is so dumb

TeeKay

Noob
Are you guys fighting at 8 CST/9 EST? I guess I'll just send my opponent an invite now and hope he stays true to his word on whoever wins...

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
my fight isn't until monday, i have a feeling there will be some lying going on here, which is why i am video taping the entire set of matches

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
I feel a bit salty I missed this; didnt' even know about it until now.

Goodluck to everyone though. :)
Unless you are a big PC guy, you really aren't missing anything (other than the competitive thrill) arll the prizes are DDR3 RAM, shit-tons of power supply's and like 2 monitors which i am willing to bet money aren't even for the MK Portion

Pig Of The Hut

IMPORTANT NEW EGG INFO MESSAGES BETWEEN ME AND SUPPORT

Subject:
Massive confusion
Type:
General Tournament Support
Date:
10/21/11 07:45 AM
OPEN
Description
Can you guys clarify further please in the rules if it is best of 3 matches or best of 5 matches? My partner thinks we are suppose to play 3 sets

The confusion comes from the rule that states you have to play 5 rounds......is this possible? Both of us have to go into options offline and change game option to 5 rounds? does this transpire to online?

Also does the winner have to keep the same character? That's usual tourney rules but I didn't see that anywhere unless I missed it. Looking forward to erring everything clear

Thanks
Brant
Attachments:
None

Comments
10/21/11 at 01:17 PM #1 [United States] FuManChuu
Its 3 sets, of best of 5 rounds.

Meaning you need to see the character selection screen at least twice, and you need to KO your opponent at least 6 times.

If you go into options and set rounds to win to "3", instead of "2", it should make it a BO5 when you invite someone to a match.

Double check that, and if that doesn't work, please let me know.

Regarding character changes - yes, no character changes during a match. I'll have that added to the rules immediately, but we won't overturn any first round fights if that wasn't followed.

WHOOOOO won my first match pretty easily now on to round three!!! told the guy good game got nothing back guess he mad...

TeeKay

Noob
Did setting the options to 3 rounds work for you guys when you did private matches online so it would be best out of 5 rounds? I'm beginning to think that only works for offline play, but maybe I didn't save the options when I changed it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
TOP 8!

Names were listed just like they were shown, GL to everyone whom is in this. :)
I really don't know who some of them are but oh well.. i'm sure their gamertags are much different from what is shown in the list.

http://wanfest.newegg.com/?page=stem_schedule&stageid=4406

Shanghai Tsung
Kidigital
Pig of the Hut
Phantom
Gruntypants
ImBlackJames
BalackOmamba
STBShujinkydink
congrats guys. I've played some of those tags... but still good luck!!! Try to capture these matches would ya? That'd be awesome.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
i was supposed to play blackjames, but i was going out last night so i let him have the win :(
oh well, good luck to him and everyone else

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
TOP 8!

Names were listed just like they were shown, GL to everyone whom is in this. :)
I really don't know who some of them are but oh well.. i'm sure their gamertags are much different from what is shown in the list.

http://wanfest.newegg.com/?page=stem_schedule&stageid=4406

Shanghai Tsung
Kidigital
Pig of the Hut
Phantom
Gruntypants
ImBlackJames
BalackOmamba
STBShujinkydink
wow everyone in left in the top 8 in that WanFest newegg tournament i have beaten uncountable times. the only person close to my skill level on that list is pig of the hut. i wish i would have joined the tournament :( that could have been an easy first place for me lol

wow everyone in left in the top 8 in that WanFest newegg tournament i have beaten uncountable times. the only person close to my skill level on that list is pig of the hut. i wish i would have joined the tournament :( that could have been an easy first place for me lol
Damn are you guys gonna take that lol.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
im a bit surprised you didnt know about this, i would of entered myself if it werent US only, also.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yea, I made it to winners in my pool, lost to Shanghai Tsung. I logged on the day before we were supposed to play, was sick as hell, and he asked me to play it. I should have said no, but I didn't. Good matches tho.

Unfortunately I just awoke from like a 4 hour coma before playing them. Not trying to give excuses I am not salty in the slightest, it was just poor judgement on my part. GG's none the less.

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
Damn are you guys gonna take that lol.
Well, in my account it's no problem because It's true. I'm like 2-13 vs King.
Don't have those kinda problems with anybody else I've played on XBL as of now.

Anyway, what's going on with the tourney? I'm assuming I'd play Pig next but there's no dates or confirmation emails or anything this really that says what happens next as of now...

Pig Of The Hut

LOL KING

me and u in finals bro definitely forever king. For fun let's play a quick best of 5 mock finals :)

And btw I think we split, don't act like you weren't impressed :)

Love ya king

Pig Of The Hut

Hey guys top 8 bracket goes up this weekend and start on Monday

Oh and KING If u beat me in our mock finals best of 5 illsend u a complimentary computer fan and a Burger King "king" crown :)