What's new

Breakthrough New Zatanna Vortex with great damage!

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
This is actually pretty easy offline once you get used to the timing, just when I was thinking she didn't have enough options after ending in mb puppet master..

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Haha I'm currently working on tech that nullify Aquaman's trait. Hopefully that would make the matchup a solid 6-4, I still don't think it's 7-3 tbh.

KillaGthug4Life

B3 combo off of naked trance yeah, but typically I try and read his from the deep and teleport behind for d2 punish into combo into Puppet Master. I need to hit the lab more but typically that's when people trait up and you can go for a standing 3 into j3 cross up. J3 > Trait.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
B3 combo off of naked trance yeah, but typically I try and read his from the deep and teleport behind for d2 punish into combo into Puppet Master. I need to hit the lab more but typically that's when people trait up and you can go for a standing 3 into j3 cross up. J3 > Trait.
Yeah, that's kinda how I play the AM MU too. Although I go for d2, b3, ji3, etc.

i have always admired zatanna players. she has so much stuff that makes my head go round and round and there are not that many of you... which is why i sometimes struggle against her vortexes, i simply dont respect them and d1 it. its just some stuff she does i dont really know why it works...

KillaGthug4Life

i have always admired zatanna players. she has so much stuff that makes my head go round and round and there are not that many of you... which is why i sometimes struggle against her vortexes, i simply dont respect them and d1 it. its just some stuff she does i dont really know why it works...
At this point I think Zatanna has so many vortexes that the probability of you guessing right is maybe 20% lol. Just DON'T D1 THE VORTEX! D1 the levi cancel pressure, that screws me up sometime. What are you confused about?

KillaGthug4Life

B3 d2tele f2
That will continue to baffle me more than any glitch in the game... Really couldn't tell ya lol. Deg's set up off of that is god near impossible to block cause it goes cross up, then non crossup j1 levi d1. Inescapable and pretty much just a free combo.

That will continue to baffle me more than any glitch in the game... Really couldn't tell ya lol. Deg's set up off of that is god near impossible to block cause it goes cross up, then non crossup j1 levi d1. Inescapable and pretty much just a free combo.
oh no dearie i can block the cross up. ive been playing birdsongs a lot. um... no its just she has so many options.. when u look at kf and bg..

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
oh no dearie i can block the cross up. ive been playing birdsongs a lot. um... no its just she has so many options.. when u look at kf and bg..
BG actually has quite a few more options but people don't use them because why bother when you can go for the straight 50/50?

Cosmos

Noob
So i have been using this setup a lot and it seems that ps4 hasn't been hotfixed as j2 xx u3 xx d2 always resets the combo even if used at the start of a combo. For example j2 xx u3 xx d2 b2,1 is hitting as two 2 hit combos instead of the natural 4 hit combo it should be. So on ps4 either use this as a 50/50 reset at the end of a combo or just use one j2 into your staple.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So i have been using this setup a lot and it seems that ps4 hasn't been hotfixed as j2 xx u3 xx d2 always resets the combo even if used at the start of a combo. For example j2 xx u3 xx d2 b2,1 is hitting as two 2 hit combos instead of the natural 4 hit combo it should be. So on ps4 either use this as a 50/50 reset at the end of a combo or just use one j2 into your staple.
Yeah, it hasn't been hot fixed yet.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
So... After puppet master... do a d1 and then tele..? I don't really get this. Basically you're just using the d1 to assist with timing for a cross up or what? I'm still kind of unsure of what the d1 is supposed to do in this; can someone elaborate on the purpose? Why can't I just wait a sec and then tele behind?

Edit: I'm hitting up the lab to check this out but it would be helpful for me to know in order to make sure I'm doing it right or whatever lol.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So... After puppet master... do a d1 and then tele..? I don't really get this. Basically you're just using the d1 to assist with timing for a cross up or what? I'm still kind of unsure of what the d1 is supposed to do in this; can someone elaborate on the purpose? Why can't I just wait a sec and then tele behind?

Edit: I'm hitting up the lab to check this out but it would be helpful for me to know in order to make sure I'm doing it right or whatever lol.
D1 is not for timing purposes. In this game, when the opponent is in a capture state and you whiff a move, it resets the combo counter. This works for all capture states; BG's bola, SM's ice breath, KF's freeze grab, BM's grapple, Simestro's shackles, etc.