What's new

Breakthrough New Zatanna Vortex with great damage!

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Curtosy of a few matches I've had with Deg, I've been expanding upon a new Zatanna vortex that he @deg222 used against me. Sorry for poor quality.

Basically after Puppet Master MB, Zatanna can whiff d1 and teleport behind for crossup or non- crossup j2. The timing is difficult but if landed you can start any combo with j2 levi d2. Which leads to some large easy damage combos.

For the strict 1 bar for vortex Zatanna can do 35% just with: j2 levi d2, b1 u3, j2, d2, b3 dash 3, Puppet Master MB into another vortex.

For no interactable damage she can do: j2 levi d2, b2 1, Multi Kicks mb, b3, dash j2, 223, Puppet Master (mb or not) for about 42%, give or take a few depending on if you MB the Puppet Master at the end.

BUT if she catches you near an backround bounce heaven help you: J2 levi d2, b2 1, interactable, b3, j2, j2, 112, Puppet Master MB: 45%!!!! One bar for 45% vortex. Escapable and d1 punishable by long reaching 6 frame d1 characters if the j2 is blocked however.

@Pan1cMode
@Mr. Mileena
@DinoPizzaria
@Laos_boy
@EMPEROR_SunFire

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I haven't played in ages, what's the hit stun on d1? why not do 2 teleport because i remember 2 has a ton of hit stun, u nless 2 taks away from the positioning.
I know about this.
You basically end you combo in 112 or 223 mb puppet master. The whiff d1 then teleport behind then you go for a cross up or non cross up

KillaGthug4Life

Lately a lot of people really respect the j2 levi d2 string, even though it is interruptible but tight execution. For extra mix up you can go for j2, b1 u3 for high low instead of high high.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Lately a lot of people really respect the j2 levi d2 string, even though it is interruptible but tight execution. For extra mix up you can go for j2, b1 u3 for high low instead of high high.
If u expect a block, j3 levi d2 can not be interrupted by anyone's d2 or d1

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Does b23 connect with a ji2 after??
Yes.

Edit:
In some cases I've been able to get it so the first jump in crosses up but the next one hits front on. That shit is nigh unblock able cause it's super hard to see and then there's the mixup of whether or not it's gonna be same side or double switch. Once I get the timing down properly this gun be good.

Damn this bitch is broken.

Last edited:

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Curtosy of a few matches I've had with Deg, I've been expanding upon a new Zatanna vortex that he @deg222 used against me. Sorry for poor quality.

Basically after Puppet Master MB, Zatanna can whiff d1 and teleport behind for crossup or non- crossup j2. The timing is difficult but if landed you can start any combo with j2 levi d2. Which leads to some large easy damage combos.

For the strict 1 bar for vortex Zatanna can do 35% just with: j2 levi d2, b1 u3, j2, d2, b3 dash 3, Puppet Master MB into another vortex.

For no interactable damage she can do: j2 levi d2, b2 1, Multi Kicks mb, b3, dash j2, 223, Puppet Master (mb or not) for about 42%, give or take a few depending on if you MB the Puppet Master at the end.

BUT if she catches you near an backround bounce heaven help you: J2 levi d2, b2 1, interactable, b3, j2, j2, 112, Puppet Master MB: 45%!!!! One bar for 45% vortex. Escapable and d1 punishable by long reaching 6 frame d1 characters if the j2 is blocked however.

@Pan1cMode
@Mr. Mileena
@DinoPizzaria
@Laos_boy
@EMPEROR_SunFire
Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks

KillaGthug4Life

Yes.

Edit:
In some cases I've been able to get it so the first jump in crosses up but the next one hits front on. That shit is nigh unblock able cause it's super hard to see and then there's the mixup of whether or not it's gonna be same side or double switch. Once I get the timing down properly this gun be good.

Damn this bitch is broken.

Whoops, I thought you meant b21 connected to a ji2 lol, that shit would be nasty. And yeah I get that sometimes, I think that only works on the dummy because he's set to no blocking... if you set him to auto I only hits on one side (from my experiences at least). I'm still compiling which characters this set up may not work on because the big hit box guys are really difficult to pull off. Sucks a little that the timing is different for all characters though.