What's new

New Yomi Tier List after The Big Patch 9/1+

Tweedy

Noob
Nice list, just two things IMO:
Jax in A+
Reptile in A or A+
People are sleeping so bad on A-list Cage and i don't like this...
No they aren't. It's impossible for a character to be good without winning majors/money matches. Erron Black and Raiden are easy top 3.

If Sonicfox picked up Johnny Cage no one would call him mid tier, bruhs. Good list Yomi.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@cR WoundCowboy just because u can armor thru the f4 string to hellsparks doesn't mean u cant bait the armor and make ur opponent waste meter and get punished. Also what happens when they have no meter? Oh yeah get chipped to death. Also cage has:
*Jailing cancels
*Good zoning
*D4 and f3 control footsies extremely well and d4 kills multiple mids by going under them/ wakeups
*-4 armor move that is great for counterzoning and can only be punished by neutral duck on a read
* Solid anti airs (d2 and Standing 1) also ex nutpunch
Cage is a very good character and i cant wait till A list players get ridiculous with their cancels and pressure.
@Pig Of The Hut , kenshi is still viable, doesnt matter if he is in B tier.
cant some of his Frame traps be broken by Cassies getaway? and some others?

Haou Shoukou Ken

I am for wine & the company of questionable women
@cR WoundCowboy just because u can armor thru the f4 string to hellsparks doesn't mean u cant bait the armor and make ur opponent waste meter and get punished. Also what happens when they have no meter? Oh yeah get chipped to death. Also cage has:
*Jailing cancels
*Good zoning
*D4 and f3 control footsies extremely well and d4 kills multiple mids by going under them/ wakeups
*-4 armor move that is great for counterzoning and can only be punished by neutral duck on a read
Cage is a very good character and i cant wait till A list players get ridiculous with their cancels and pressure.
PREACH!
Maybe now they will listen

you know that Cage is not that high!!

but if you still think so, explain why he is that high... this tier list is far from finished, there are no explanations, no Variation placement, No Level Explinations, No MU brackets, so its very easy for even the best to place them in incorrect places within tiers and some have variations that deserve higher placement than overal placement of character.
Honestly, I haven't touched Cage at all, and I've only seen two people play Cage at a high level. Surely, they would know more about Cage than me. I would still have a hard time putting him over EB, Jax, Liu Kang mainly, but again, I don't know.

MadeOfMetal

Honestly, I haven't touched Cage at all, and I've only seen two people play Cage at a high level. Surely, they would know more about Cage than me. I would still have a hard time putting him over EB, Jax, Liu Kang mainly, but again, I don't know.
Thats because EB JAX and Kang have there own unique tolls that put them way ahead of Johnny's F3, D4 and even his Frame traps and Plus on block... hell EB can tick trow off almost every string.... jax is a corner god, and a god at getting them there...kang is suuuupppperrr fast, and FF chip is unreal... i just think there has been some serious error in placment, not by far, but the johnny was very out of place considering the rest of the cast

@KHAOTIC True Grave
@GAV

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
*Jailing cancels
*Good zoning
The options are not the point. The point is that you didn't know the nature of his changes, but were still declaring him top 5.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I don't mind people asking reasons why, but try not to get insulting guys. Jagged and LK, you guys are clueless not just about Johnny Cage, but what makes a character like Cage function in the game at all. Please, recognize your own ignorance and dial it back a bit. You're coming at these guys as a master to a student, and you should really sit yourselves down, shut yourselves up, and start taking notes.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
No they aren't. It's impossible for a character to be good without winning majors/money matches. Erron Black and Raiden are easy top 3.

If Sonicfox picked up Johnny Cage no one would call him mid tier, bruhs. Good list Yomi.
Please tell me you're being sarcastic about that first part.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
*Jailing cancels
*Good zoning
Solid AA's with d2 and stand 1? BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tweedy

Noob
Thats because EB JAX and Kang have there own unique tolls that put them way ahead of Johnny's F3, D4 and even his Frame traps and Plus on block... hell EB can tick trow off almost every string.... jax is a corner god, and a god at getting them there...kang is suuuupppperrr fast, and FF chip is unreal... i just think there has been some serious error in placment, not by far, but the johnny was very out of place considering the rest of the cast

@KHAOTIC True Grave
@GAV
No character is "way ahead" of A List Johnny Cage.

Imo people just found the character and were like "oh my god, I can be a non top tier cool kid, while using a top tier?".

Just my opinion again, but after seeing the Yomi tier list, I know i'm not crazy. This is the most downplayed character, eva.

Immortal

Blind justice....
@SaltShaker - Jacqui is Kenshi tier, really? Always thought she was better, especially after they fixed her whiffs. Thou i don't have much of experience with her, so just asking.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

I cant tell if this is satire or not

MadeOfMetal

I don't mind people asking reasons why, but try not to get insulting guys. Jagged and LK, you guys are clueless not just about Johnny Cage, but what makes a character like Cage function in the game at all. Please, recognize your own ignorance and dial it back a bit. You're coming at these guys as a master to a student, and you should really sit yourselves down, shut yourselves up, and start taking notes.
forever ignored
1. me and LK are to different people,he is responsible for his comments and im responsible for my own. so dont tie the two together.
2. how do you even have the wright to make a statement about me or LK?
you dont know who he is and
you have no clue who i am
so in short nothing and i mean nothing you said is even close to valid!!
, basically one of the rudest comments ive ever seen posted on TYM, glad to know your allowed to lurk the forums un scaved

Last edited:

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
........... WHAT THEEEEEEE?
Not only will you eat jump in's all day trying to AA with d2 and s1 but I like how yall completely leave out how utterly and COMPLETELY USELESS JC's jump in punches are, someone posted a video of how garbage they are on the Cage forum, I'm too lazy to find it.

Not only will you eat jump in's all day trying to AA with d2 and s1 but I like how yall completely leave out how utterly and COMPLETELY USELESS JC's jump in punches are, someone posted a video of how garbage they are on the Cage forum, I'm too lazy to find it.
Why would u need to jump with cage unless u were trying to get over something? Otherwise his ground game is superb.