What's new

New Yomi Tier List after The Big Patch 9/1+

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
I made a tier list you can easily change to your personal tier list

S tier
Almost everyone

Shit tier
Add your main here (if it's not Goro)

Ultra Shit tier
Goro
But your tier list is wrong in every single way, because *insert nonsensical reason here*, which leads me to believe that you're a *insert insult here*, even though there's absolutely no real reason to call you that.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
I think it's weird that some characters have such a high rating but yomi players dont use that character (or any top players but one for that matter) aka d'vorah. If a character is in the top teirs, why wouldn't it be used more?>

this is a legitimate question cause ive seen this a few times from other people as well with no justification as to why the character is actually good, honeybee is top teir, but why is d'vorah?
Well, to be fair, just because you don't see a character used a lot doesn't mean they're not top tier. Quan Chi is a great example of this; many people (me included) believe he is the best in the game, yet there's only 2 notable tourney Quans right now; King and Michaelangelo, two ridiculously talented players. But that doesn't mean just because there's only two now that he's not top tier. The amount of people using a character will not necessarily change how good that character is :p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@cR WoundCowboy just because u can armor thru the f4 string to hellsparks doesn't mean u cant bait the armor and make ur opponent waste meter and get punished. Also what happens when they have no meter? Oh yeah get chipped to death. Also cage has:
*Jailing cancels
*Good zoning
*D4 and f3 control footsies extremely well and d4 kills multiple mids by going under them/ wakeups
*-4 armor move that is great for counterzoning and can only be punished by neutral duck on a read
* Solid anti airs (d2 and Standing 1) also ex nutpunch
Cage is a very good character and i cant wait till A list players get ridiculous with their cancels and pressure.
@Pig Of The Hut , kenshi is still viable, doesnt matter if he is in B tier.
Yea he's just kicking so much ass at majors I almost forgot. Him and Ferra tor are proving viability every major

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
Well, to be fair, just because you don't see a character used a lot doesn't mean they're not top tier. Quan Chi is a great example of this; many people (me included) believe he is the best in the game, yet there's only 2 notable tourney Quans right now; King and Michaelangelo, two ridiculously talented players. But that doesn't mean just because there's only two now that he's not top tier. The amount of people using a character will not necessarily change how good that character is :p
I can think over 5 quan chi's that are top 16 player lol, reo and ketchup being two of them. I think how good a character is directly correlates with how many people use them, but thats my opinion. But quan chi is a bad example tho forreal

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
I can think over 5 quan chi's that are top 16 player lol, reo and ketchup being two of them. I think how good a character is directly correlates with how many people use them, but thats my opinion. But quan chi is a bad example tho forreal
Oh lol my mistake. I don't know much about the European side, I mean no disrespect at all. But, what about Tanya? The only tournament ones right now that I can think of are MIT, myself, and STB Dragon. Only 3 Tanyas, tho she's still top tier :b

But you are entitled to your opinion :p all I'm saying is that while that there is a correlation sometimes, it's not always the case, with your D'Vorah example being a good one showcasing that haha

I think it's weird that some characters have such a high rating but yomi players dont use that character (or any top players but one for that matter) aka d'vorah. If a character is in the top teirs, why wouldn't it be used more?>

this is a legitimate question cause ive seen this a few times from other people as well with no justification as to why the character is actually good, honeybee is top teir, but why is d'vorah?
While your point makes sense, it just comes down to preference eventually. In order to play a character at a high level, most would say you have to enjoy (or at least tolerate) playing them. The other side is that each player has a certain play style, and the same goes for characters. So if you find that match, suddenly that character is the one you would play best with (even if the tier list told a different story).