What's new

New Tower tech hot off the reddit press

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
THANK THE LORD!

I wanted to get some towers done for Sonya, but I still had to do 100 KBs with Cass and already started, so I was really on the fence about what I should do.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Correct me if I'm wrong but you still have to be playing as the character you want to work towards for it to count right? Meaning I couldn't work on Jade's tower requirements while playing Cassie

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
A note to this is that you need to get that characters towers to the second level. It doesn't matter how many fatalities you do for a character if you switched to another one before getting them to level 2.
But the first tower also has the 50 uppercuts and throws so it already helps a lot.

That's nice! You just have to bought all of their towers right?
And summon them once, I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you still have to be playing as the character you want to work towards for it to count right? Meaning I couldn't work on Jade's tower requirements while playing Cassie
Unfortunately. This suggestion doesn't save time, but it stops you from potentially wasting it should you ever be using other characters besides the one you're currently focusing on.

A note to this is that you need to get that characters towers to the second level. It doesn't matter how many fatalities you do for a character if you switched to another one before getting them to level 2.
Yes, so knocking out stage 1 quickly before leaving it on stage 2 might be a good idea.

But stage 1 on its own is pretty good because you get an intro and some skins out of it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If I stop a character tower like halfway through and summon another characers tower, will my progress be saved on the first character's tower?

I am so confused. Can you give an example of how this works?
Buy and summon, for example, three towers - Sonya, Cetrion, Johnny. You have three, but you can only keep one active. But it doesn't matter which because you make progress towards all the towers you've bought and summoned before. You can have Johnny's tower active, but whenever you happen to play as Sonya or Cetrion, you're working on their requirements without their tower being the active one. If that's still confusing, the gist is that it's a good idea to buy and summon the towers ASAP for all characters you want to get more stuff for; it's only 25k coins per tower to start.

This doesn't sound like a big deal, but it circumvents the tedium of doing them one at a time for people who want to complete multiple character towers.

Last edited:

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Buy and summon, for example, three towers - Sonya, Cetrion, Johnny. You have three, but you can only keep one active. But it doesn't matter which because you make progress towards all the towers you've bought and summoned before. You can have Johnny's tower active, but whenever you happen to play as Sonya or Cetrion, you're working on their requirements without their tower being the active one. If that's still confusing, the gist is that it's a good idea to buy and summon the towers ASAP for all characters you want to get more stuff for; it's only 25k coins per tower to start.

This doesn't sound like a big deal, but it circumvents the tedium of doing them one at a time for people who want to complete multiple character towers.
Wish I woulda seen this before blowing my 500k koins yesterday on stupid krypt chests

Xelz

Go over there!
Does it cost 25k every time you switch character towers? For example, I currently bought and have Noob's tower active. If buy and activate Scorpion's tower, do I need to spend 25k again if I re-activate Noob's tower?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Wow I didn’t even realize so many people didn’t know this. I bought all of the stage 1 towers a few days ago and just work on them a bit here and there. So far I’m at stage 2 with Frost and stage 3 with Jade. It’s gonna be a while...

Wow I didn’t even realize so many people didn’t know this. I bought all of the stage 1 towers a few days ago and just work on them a bit here and there. So far I’m at stage 2 with Frost and stage 3 with Jade. It’s gonna be a while...
i been working on 5 different ones for the past few days
jax-stage 4
jacqui, erron, skarlet, noob-stage 2(just need the brutalities for all of them to go to stage 3 smh)
i think i bought the rest of them but i haven't started on those yet

Still very confusing, can someone please clarify:

1 - You can buy multiple character towers (2nd from left in ToT) for 25k each.
2 - Summon one of the characters you bought in step 1 and start stage 1.
3- All progress you make with this character will carry over to each of the characters bought in step 1???

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Still very confusing, can someone please clarify:

1 - You can buy multiple character towers (2nd from left in ToT) for 25k each.
2 - Summon one of the characters you bought in step 1 and start stage 1.
3- All progress you make with this character will carry over to each of the characters bought in step 1???
It works this way:

Imagine you bought both Liu Kang and Kung Lao's towers. You summon Lao's first then you summon Kang's and start doing some work there. You DON'T have to change the tower to Lao's if you wanna play with him.

Because you already summoned it, even if you play as Kung Lao while Kang's tower is active, the requirements for Lao's tower will count (for Lao's tower!!)

Got it? It's like both towers are active but you can only see the last one you activated.

No, you cannot play as Liu Kang and unlock requirements for Kung Lao. It doesn't work. The trick here is that you can play with ANY character without having the trouble to waiting for another character tower to be done or to change towers.

BUT remember to buy AND summon the tower.

Hope I didn't overexplained it.

It works this way:

Imagine you bought both Liu Kang and Kung Lao's towers. You summon Lao's first then you summon Kang's and start doing some work there. You DON'T have to change the tower to Lao's if you wanna play with him.

Because you already summoned it, even if you play as Kung Lao while Kang's tower is active, the requirements for Lao's tower will count (for Lao's tower!!)

Got it? It's like both towers are active but you can only see the last one you activated.

No, you cannot play as Liu Kang and unlock requirements for Kung Lao. It doesn't work. The trick here is that you can play with ANY character without having the trouble to waiting for another character tower to be done or to change towers.

BUT remember to buy AND summon the tower.

Hope I didn't overexplained it.
Thanks for breaking it down! I think I get it. Will spend some time trying it this weekend.