What's new

New to TYM, but a long time MK player.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Hi all.
I finally decided to join because I want to get to know other Mk players and really want to get into the tournament scene. I'm a Cyrax main and currently doing all the research I can to improve my game. I don't have a partner to train, but tips would be totally apreciated.
Btw, I'm putting it out there right now and trust me, it's no big deal. I'm blind, but I've been playing MK even after I lost my sight. Now with MK 9, I want to take it to a new level simply because I like to be challenged. Hope to learn a lot from you guys. Another reason I joined as well is because people seem to be pretty nice from what I've read and I hope to make new friends here too. If you all wonder how I play and want to try out a match with me, just ask.
Cheers all. And long live MK!

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Welcome to the site, Metalhead! Sorry about the mess, TYM servers aspoloded and we're just fixing things and getting all our old info back. There's a tournament coming up called Season's Beatings in Ohio, supposed to be big and awesome. Maybe you can check that out!.

http://testyourmight.com/forums/cyrax.168/

Here's the link to the Cyrax forums. And trust me, as long as you don't let something like that hold you back from playing and having fun with the game and the community, no one else will either. :D
So come on in and, again welcome!

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Thannks Dragon pic! I feel welcomed already! Also thanks for the Cyrax link, I'll totally check that out.
And nothing has stopped me from playing MK! Again, thanks!

Dark_Rob

Noob
Welcome to TYM Metalhead. We are currently a bit disorganized due to a recent server crash that left us without our last 3 months of activity. But we have a great, resourceful community working to restore what weve lost and soon youll have everything you need to help take your game to the next level. Thanks for joining.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Welcome to TYM! If you play online on PSN, please add me: ghostface777o0o. Always up for training sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBS|KH Rattlehead

At Killing Natzees, I'm into thrash, Heavy, Death, and Power metal. And thanks for the welcoming vive I'm getting around here.
At Ghostface, I do play online, but I can't navigate PSn like I do with my laptop. I only know how to get to the game and the online rooms and ranking section. Refer to my first post abov e to kinda understand what I mean.
Btw, I'm already liking it here big time!

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
Welcome!
Are u into Suicide Silence?

And i have to ask out of curiosity... You're blind and playing MK? (first i thought it was a joke, but now i dont know)
How can u play games when u are blind? - It sound fucking awesome!
Everybody deserves to play MK!
:D

Runiix

We officially now have two blind MK9 players, as far as I know. I hope this isn't insensitive, but my god would I love to see the two of you go at it; Raiden vs. Cyrax. That would be bananas

metalhead vs james. fight of the century
2 blind players?
I had no idea u could play as blind - but its so awesome that u can!

How is it possible? Im really curious on this one, because i do think it is simply amazing!

2 blind players?
I had no idea u could play as blind - but its so awesome that u can!

How is it possible? Im really curious on this one, because i do think it is simply amazing!
James plays purely off of game sound. I would give you a link to the news article on TYM about it which contained video, but it was lost in the server crash :(

Runiix

James plays purely off of game sound. I would give you a link to the news article on TYM about it which contained video, but it was lost in the server crash :(
Purely of game sound? that is just amazing right there!
Does he have any gameplay videos?

Does anyone else know about this article? i would love to read it.

I just found out now there are blind MK players.
So much respect to them!

OBS|KH Rattlehead

I couldn't get much into Suicide Silence, but I don't mind listening to their stuff. I'm more into old school bands like Megadeth, Testament, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Pantera, and so on.
Also, because of that article, I was finally pushed to put myself out there as an MK player like James. I read that article myself, but can't find it anymore. And yes, I play with game sound as well. Mk has the best sound effects in any fighting game imo.
It's kinda hard to give a clear picture, but basically Mk 9 has superior stereo sound that lets me know where my character is located in the screen. Check out this short video on my youtube channel playing as Kenshi. I tried to pick him up, but I decided to go with Cyrax instead.
SO here it is:
I have some Cyrax videos against the CPU, but I've gotten better with Cyrax now. I can do his resets and bomb traps better than before.
Btw, I'd fight that Raiden if given the chance! :D