What's new

New to the forums =)

Hello I'm a new girl gamer here and just started playing Mortal Kombat. For a new player I was wondering which character(s) I should start off with? I am wanting to read up and train but don't know where to start. The only character I've played so far is Mileena (The hot pink chick). Thank-you and hello from canada

lobo

woof.
hey cindy. i think tons of us are new right now, so don't worry, you fit right in!

i'd recommend sitting down and beating the story mode. not only is it awesome, but it will give you plenty of koins to unlock stuff with and it will let you try multiple characters before you choose who to practice with. i know that both of my choices when i got the game changed after i tried some others in story mode.

Sully

Noob
Futz with stuff until you find something you like Cindy. Try to be impartial, if you find a character fun, play it. Some clowns on here get caught up in the whole "i don't like to play a girl". I am guessing maybe girl gamers get that way too? I have no idea. Anyways, forget all that, mess with a little of the training mode and play through story... see who you like the feel of and go from there :)

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Welcome to TYM!! Like Lobo said, try out story mode, or do what I did and pick who looks cool and would make me happy busting skulls with. :3

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
Welcome to TYM. I would personally suggest trying Kitana. Jade is a powerhouse as well but rather difficult to learn in my opinion. Again, Welcome!

Thank-you! Not a bad idea, story mode sounds good for now and I don't mind playing any gamers since we have casuals here alot so I'm use to alot of guy gamers and going to tournaments. Dunno why alot of girl gamers get so weird when it comes to games but if it's something I like I don't care i'll play whoever. Anyone's welcomed to add my xbl, just don't mind me being a noob at the game lol

Thank-you! Not a bad idea, story mode sounds good for now and I don't mind playing any gamers since we have casuals here alot so I'm use to alot of guy gamers and going to tournaments. Dunno why alot of girl gamers get so weird when it comes to games but if it's something I like I don't care i'll play whoever. Anyone's welcomed to add my xbl, just don't mind me being a noob at the game lol
A gamer is a gamer. Online your gender especially doesn't matter.

Welcome to TYM. Your best bet is to practice, take a run through story mode, and train as others have said. If you like Mileena I would check out PowerUp. There were a couple of good players during the tourney.

Online play is crappy atm and nonexistent on the PS3, but there will be a patch fixing a few of the issues I believe.

A gamer is a gamer. Online your gender especially doesn't matter.

Welcome to TYM. Your best bet is to practice, take a run through story mode, and train as others have said. If you like Mileena I would check out PowerUp. There were a couple of good players during the tourney.

Online play is crappy atm and nonexistent on the PS3, but there will be a patch fixing a few of the issues I believe.
Alright, what is powerup? And I heard about the PS3 being hacked that sucks. Also now xbox's are cheaper now lol. I will prob try out Mileena for a feel for the game. Try out a few too. =)

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Hello I'm a new girl gamer here and just started playing Mortal Kombat. For a new player I was wondering which character(s) I should start off with? I am wanting to read up and train but don't know where to start. The only character I've played so far is Mileena (The hot pink chick). Thank-you and hello from canada
Welcome, Welcome and glad your here on TYM. Mileena has VERY good mixup. So if you like confusing your opponent she is for you. Otherwise have fun and enjoy lots of characters and find someone you like.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank-you and Mr.Shiro was just telling me that David got 7th from team spooky. (his friend) I didn't watch it but heard about him. I could trying youtubing the videos