What's new

New to Raiden

Got bored with Sub and Kung Lao. I have a few raiden bnbs that are fun and easy. ok having issues knowing which block strings and mixups to use when I'm in center stage. I know what to do once I have my opponent in the corner. please give me some help. also raiden lacks low mixup game. what do most of you guys do or his low game???

ps supermaning people is to fun.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
For the low mixup game there really isn't much raiden has. I find myself either doing 2,2, b+4 or sweeping really. Raiden is very limited when it comes to his mixup which is why you need to utilize his safe strings.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
the 22 b4 string is cool but... the opponent can read it a mile away if they've fought a good raiden before. they know its his only string with a low.

as far as his best strings... i still use 334 and b312 all the time. yes they were nerfed but you can cancel those strings after any hit with a teleport, and that makes them safe. so you would say, jump in punch pressure or whatever, then 33 cancel into teleport, and then continue pressure or hit confirm into your full bnb. try to use his teleport as a way to make strings safe instead of as a way to get around.