What's new

New to fight sticks?

Dahak

Noob
Im new to fight sticks and decided to invest in one with my ps4 i use to be a pad person but got kind of tired with having to replace them every other month.In your opnion which of these two sticks would be a good investment price wise and longevity,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UHE4DHU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=FP0GFJ6Q3D7&coliid=I32AOHF6L6967Z&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SULMRI4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=FP0GFJ6Q3D7&coliid=I2PPEP3NWD7CT0

Are should i wait until more sticks for the ps4 become available?

Last edited:
youre not doing anything wrong with the madcatz, theyre rock solid. havent played on hori yet. i just wonder why madcatz sticks are so expensive right now, they used to be 130-150.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I asked at another place and was ignored but im new to fight sticks and decided to invest in one with my ps4 i use to be a pad person but got kind of tired with having to replace them every other month.In your opnion which of these two sticks would be a good investment price wise and longevity,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UHE4DHU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=FP0GFJ6Q3D7&coliid=I32AOHF6L6967Z&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SULMRI4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=FP0GFJ6Q3D7&coliid=I2PPEP3NWD7CT0

Are should i wait until more sticks for the ps4 become available?
Either will do you good if you're going for the Japanese feel. Both are quality.

youre not doing anything wrong with the madcatz, theyre rock solid. havent played on hori yet. i just wonder why madcatz sticks are so expensive right now, they used to be 130-150.
Since the KI stick came out, the next gen sticks have been more.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I highly recommend the PS360 Hitbox. Takes a little getting used to, but the level of precision is unmatched and it will work on 360, PS3, XB1, PS4*, and PC. The only issue with PS4 is you have to do a soft reset at least once every 8 minutes, which just involves pressing RT+Option. Find out more at www.hitboxarcade.com.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
I highly recommend the PS360 Hitbox. Takes a little getting used to, but the level of precision is unmatched and it will work on 360, PS3, XB1, PS4*, and PC. The only issue with PS4 is you have to do a soft reset at least once every 8 minutes, which just involves pressing RT+Option. Find out more at www.hitboxarcade.com.

I dont understand how to use that..... how does one move?

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
The red buttons are directions. So the top 3 are left, down, and right. The bottom red button is "up", which seems a little strange at first but it makes total sense when you start to use it.

Basically, there are no accidental inputs with a Hitbox. You can't accidentally jump when dashing because you're pressing a button instead of moving a stick, so you can't accidentally get a diagonal. You can go from left to right and down to up and vice versa instantly, instead of having to move a stick from one point to another while trying not to hit any inputs in between. Double inputs, like dashes, are way easier because it's just button-button instead of right-neutral-right. Don't even get me started on instant-air fireballs.

Hitboxes aren't for everybody, but they're growing in popularity and I personally couldn't live without mine. I also love that it uses the ps360 board, so I just have the one controller for any system I would want to use it on. I really can't recommend it enough.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The 4 red buttons are for movement. However having to reset it every 8 minutes, makes me just want to wait on them till a next gen stable version comes out.
It kinda mimics how players used to use keyboards for fighting games back when the emulated games were being played on PCs a long time ago.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Dont get the TE2 to many problems with the plexi and a $200 dollars you are getting less functionality than you would if you bought the hori Kai. I own both of those sticks and prefer the kai for its size, weight, ability to use the touch pad functionality. I also like how the stick is further away from the buttons than on the TE2. Both sticks are modifiable.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
The 4 red buttons are for movement. However having to reset it every 8 minutes, makes me just want to wait on them till a next gen stable version comes out.
Yeah, it's a pain, but I just do it between matches. I don't even think about it anymore. Match ends, I just press rt+option, and then the home button. Takes about 2 seconds.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
both will last for years. as for the stock stick; hori is lighter/less force compared to the madcatz I believe.

Dahak

Noob
Thanks all for responding its cool when people actually respond to post from now on this is the only fighting forum i will post on.From all the post it looks like both are good sticks and will last but i think ill go with the cheaper stick since money is tight now,thanks guys.

Karaoke that stick looks way to complicated for me im not sayings its a bad stick but looks like it would own me.

i hate the hori cases tho there hard to open and do anything to plus you void any waranaty as madcatz will still let u send it to them at any time. i have no issues with the madcatz plexi it can sqeak if u push on it but you shouldn't be pushing on it anyway?

the madcatz te2 is by far better just buy a hori haybusa joystick later on and your set.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
i hate the hori cases tho there hard to open and do anything to plus you void any waranaty as madcatz will still let u send it to them at any time. i have no issues with the madcatz plexi it can sqeak if u push on it but you shouldn't be pushing on it anyway?

the madcatz te2 is by far better just buy a hori haybusa joystick later on and your set.
That is your opinion. The majority opinion is that the TE2 is a disappointment (the plexi is a big issue and its not just for squeaking, it cuts your fingers as well) and cost more for less functionality (no touchpad which the hori comes standard with for $50 less). Check out the SRK thread on this : http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190326/official-usfiv-ggxrd-p4u-te2-thread/p1 . I own both sticks and I can tell you, if you know what you are doing, the Hori is the better value for your money.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Still in love with my Qanba Q4 RAF with the aluminum bat top and heavier spring! So glad I can use it with MKX on my PS4. I could already use it on my XBone thanks to the Titan One converter I got, but PS4 requires authentication every 10 minutes. Load of bollocks if you ask me.

the plexi cuts your fingers? what i ordered the custom plexi from art works and its fine? the normal one never gave me problems i just the custom stuff :D

teh sqeuakyness can bother some and in truth i wish i had got the razer atrox but still for my first stick the madcatz te 2 has been brilliant sure i havent had much to compair but i dont hear many bad things about it and the stuff i do here dont bother me AT ALL.

i trust this guy tho
i felt teh same way he did about this hori and the same way he did about the atrox and this guy perfers the madcatz just like me

i think its teh popularity and im sure someone out there can replace the plastic button layout thats screwed in with a metal one i duno everything about sticks or what its called but tahts what makes it squeak not the thin layver that protects your artwork

the t2 is fine one thing about hori hate is that it slides in my lap with no foam pad and putting one on sucks and getting into a hori s way to hard. love the joystick thus why its in my te2 but as far as the case there shit

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
the plexi cuts your fingers? what i ordered the custom plexi from art works and its fine? the normal one never gave me problems i just the custom stuff :D

teh sqeuakyness can bother some and in truth i wish i had got the razer atrox but still for my first stick the madcatz te 2 has been brilliant sure i havent had much to compair but i dont hear many bad things about it and the stuff i do here dont bother me AT ALL.
Since its your first stick, you probably aren't experienced with more advance input methods such as double tapping with 2 fingers and pianoing among others. Double tapping the edges of the buttons on the TE2 caused cuts on your fingers from scraping with the default plexi. Ordering from Art will fix this problem, but now you are paying extra for something that should not of been a problem in the first place.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
i trust this guy tho
i felt teh same way he did about this hori and the same way he did about the atrox and this guy perfers the madcatz just like me

i think its teh popularity and im sure someone out there can replace the plastic button layout thats screwed in with a metal one i duno everything about sticks or what its called but tahts what makes it squeak not the thin layver that protects your artwork

the t2 is fine one thing about hori hate is that it slides in my lap with no foam pad and putting one on sucks and getting into a hori s way to hard. love the joystick thus why its in my te2 but as far as the case there shit
You don't have the Hori because it does have a foam pad on the bottom (he is reviewing a first run controller). I have both the TE2 and the Hori for both the PS4 and Xbox one. The TE squeaks because of how the plexi was designed. They wanted you to be able to swap artwork out without taking out the buttons. So they made the holes on the plexi bigger than the buttons and to keep the buttons level with the plexi they used plexi risers for the buttons to sit on. Since the buttons don't hold the plexi down it bends and squeaks along with the risers when you press buttons.

You said this is your first stick and if you like it thats great. But you really can't judge another stick if you have not tried it.

i never even noticed this before i play i push down on the current plexi and i hear bit snaping but i never felt the edge of the plexi ever on this can u share more on how i can see if this happens to me cuz really i have no idea that was even possible

local arcade from me about 3 blocks away and i went in and seen few guys with hori's and atro'x and i wish i would gotten the atrox now but i got my te2 for 170 and i have had no issues with the squeakying from the plastic plate that holds it all 2gher and i have no problem with the top plexi that holds on teh art work sure it slides around and like i sai dsnaps when i push on it near the buttons but it dont mess up performance at all and in middle of game i dont notice any squeakying ro sliding so i duno what yal are on about

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
i never even noticed this before i play i push down on the current plexi and i hear bit snaping but i never felt the edge of the plexi ever on this can u share more on how i can see if this happens to me cuz really i have no idea that was even possible
If you hover your hand over the buttons you won't notice it much. But if you plant your wrist on the edge near the bezel and double tap by sliding with your pointer and ring finger on the edge of the button, you will catch your fingers on the plexi when it bends up from the pressure your wrist is applying. You notice this more if you switch from the sanwa buttons to semitsu or hori buttons.