What's new

Tech New Techhhhhhhhhh

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
As promised the OP has been updated with the video :)
This isnt any use unless you can actually stop Smoke from hurting you and punish him for shaking. All you did in that video was waste a bar of meter and take damage.

So really KL would probably be the only character capable of doing what you're trying since his X-Ray hits above him and has a long duration, quick startup and armour, which seem to be the 3 things you need, other than a faster recovering projectile.

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
This isnt any use unless you can actually stop Smoke from hurting you and punish him for shaking. All you did in that video was waste a bar of meter and take damage.

So really KL would probably be the only character capable of doing what you're trying since his X-Ray hits above him and has a long duration, quick startup and armour, which seem to be the 3 things you need, other than a faster recovering projectile.
What i saw is me going full screen against smoke again, This is still untested i think this can be converted into other things.

Yea, dafuq is this? You put yourself at fullscreen from smoke, lost your health, and a bar of meter. I though that by doing this you were going to armor through the counterhit from shake and spin for combo.

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Yea, dafuq is this? You put yourself at fullscreen from smoke, lost your health, and a bar of meter. I though that by doing this you were going to armor through the counterhit from shake and spin for combo.
I dno i just found it thought i would shout it out you know lol, I don't know how it mite work offline, There is potential there :)

I dno i just found it thought i would shout it out you know lol, I don't know how it mite work offline, There is potential there :)
Right, if KL x-ray works like I think it should then that turns the matchup into a definite 7-3 for KL[/downplaying], but I'm having difficulty seeing the use for kabal is all im saying

Seapeople

This one's for you
Yeah it doesnt seem very useful for Kabal unless he could flash parry into a combo but that kind of looks like a long shot. It still needs to be tried with other characters though. I bet jade's ex glow will work out as well as some Xrays. Also since there is apparently a frame gap during shake, it might be possible for Raiden to teleport out, CSZ to parry, etc.

dendeno9

Noob
What if Cage could punish the shake hit with his X-Ray, I mean, his projectile recovery is probably too slow, but I really want to try this.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
If Kabal can dash it, Jade can glow it.
It depends on the recovery and speed of boomerang.

Kabal's iAGB recovers very fast and so he can easily input an attack before it is parry'd by Smoke. Jade's boomerang may have too many recovery frames, and she might not be able to get out the glow in time.

Cool piece of tech @MrSwizzer. Good stuff.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It depends on the recovery and speed of boomerang.

Kabal's iAGB recovers very fast and so he can easily input an attack before it is parry'd by Smoke. Jade's boomerang may have too many recovery frames, and she might not be able to get out the glow in time.

Cool piece of tech @MrSwizzer. Good stuff.
Full screen high should work.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
When you start the ex dash as soon as smoke appears try doing a ground saw, it should work and punish the shake. it's less execution heavy than full combo as you can direct cancel by doing bb3 when he appears.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
These are just guesses but I would think these could work:

Liu Kang - iafb, dragonkick
Kitana - ia fan, ass
Reptile - slow fb, dash/slide
Sektor - homing missile, teleport?
Raiden - ex lightning bolt 2nd hit only parried, superman/teleport
Freddy - ex sweet dreams, teleport
Skarlet - fullscreen ex dagger dash cancelled forward, red dash
Kung Lau - ex low hat hold... release, ia dive kick
Jade - ex rang 2nd hit only parried, shadow kick/ex glow
Cyrax- ex bomb, ex AA

Not sure about Kitana's ia fan recovery, or if Smoke can even parry some of those projectiles.