What's new

New Tech - 50% Wall Combo

Call this impractical. Guess what, it's not. It's much easier than the F221 variant. Practice it. You can do this 10 times in a row.
Old X-Tac 50: JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, f221 xx Slide
Note: you -cannot- ExSlide for 51 percent, it will whiff.

Easier Consistent Variant for 50: JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, 1,111xx Slide
Note: You -can- ExSlide for 51 percent, it will not whiff.

After the 34, tap the 1, then immediately tap the 111xxSlide. Trust me, I've done it myself over and over and over without fail after like...3 minutes of practice.

For those of you who say "WELL ITS A BAR TYM! THAT'S SO USELESS TO USE A BAR WHEN I CAN DO METERLESS "TOUGH AS SHIT" 48'S OR MY BNB 47." Go post something new. This is honestly easier to do then the BnB 47.

By the way, the tone was not aimed at the entire Cyber base. You negative nancys know who you are.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Bitch im a cyrax player i don't waste a bar unless im getting 80% this is trash!!!

lol jk this is now my go to move with csz in the corner! And you gave me some ideas with cyrax as well : D

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I've never really looked into corner combos since my personal play style centers around set ups and nifty techs.

however, this combo works. S'all I can say at this point.

I've never really looked into corner combos since my personal play style centers around set ups and nifty techs.

however, this combo works. S'all I can say at this point.
Regardless, if you're in a -must win- situation, and you need a consistent 50...are you gonna what? Risk dropping the 47 and then try to make a read on S-Tier Wakeup attacks and chance? Probably not.

Altaire

Noob
Call this impractical. Guess what, it's not. It's much easier than the F221 variant. Practice it. You can do this 10 times in a row.
Old X-Tac 50: JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, f221 xx Slide
Note: you -cannot- ExSlide for 51 percent, it will whiff.

Easier Consistent Variant for 50: JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, 1,111xx Slide
Note: You -can- ExSlide for 51 percent, it will not whiff.

After the 34, tap the 1, then immediately tap the 111xxSlide. Trust me, I've done it myself over and over and over without fail after like...3 minutes of practice.

For those of you who say "WELL ITS A BAR TYM! THAT'S SO USELESS TO USE A BAR WHEN I CAN DO METERLESS "TOUGH AS SHIT" 48'S OR MY BNB 47." Go post something new. This is honestly easier to do then the BnB 47.

By the way, the tone was not aimed at the entire Cyber base. You negative nancys know who you are.
I sure do.

There's nothing tough as shit about the 48% BnBs, and your 47% BnB with the 1 1 2 slide ender doesn't count. My 47% and 48% BnBs are ridiculously simple. xTac's 48% is really simple as well. There is no way in hell you can tell me that this is easier than that is.

JIP 2 1 freeze, JIP 2 1 1+2, NJP, 4, 3 4, 3 3 slide -- 47%

JIP 2 1 freeze, JIP 2 1 1+2 back dash 2 1 1+2, 3 4, 3 3 slide -- 48%

These are the simplest BnBs in the world. There is nothing even remotely difficult about them.

Two percent is not worth one meter, period. This would be true even for a character like Kabal, who has meter to spare, but Cyber Sub's meter is his lifeblood. If you misuse even one bar, that could cost you the entire set.

GuamoKun

Regardless, if you're in a -must win- situation, and you need a consistent 50...are you gonna what? Risk dropping the 47 and then try to make a read on S-Tier Wakeup attacks and chance? Probably not.
you underestimate me!
I don't drop combos! only "advanced resets" ahaha.

and I'm never in a -must win- situation. Either I do the pwning or I get pwned...and that has nothing to do with pulling off corner only combos. I can do that combo easily, but I don't rely on it too much.

I sure do.

There's nothing tough as shit about the 48% BnBs, and your 47% BnB with the 1 1 2 slide ender doesn't count. My 47% and 48% BnBs are ridiculously simple. xTac's 48% is really simple as well. There is no way in hell you can tell me that this is easier than that is.

JIP 2 1 freeze, JIP 2 1 1+2, NJP, 4, 3 4, 3 3 slide -- 47%

JIP 2 1 freeze, JIP 2 1 1+2 back dash 2 1 1+2, 3 4, 3 3 slide -- 48%

These are the simplest BnBs in the world. There is nothing even remotely difficult about them.

Two percent is not worth one meter, period. This would be true even for a character like Kabal, who has meter to spare, but Cyber Sub's meter is his lifeblood. If you misuse even one bar, that could cost you the entire set.
Altaire, with no due respect, I find your posts on my threads not worth one minute, period. You probably didn't even attempt this in practice, or at best tried like 5 times and didn't even bother. It doesn't matter what I post, you'll immediately discredit the functionality, even combos for damage purposes. And if I was ever in a situation where I felt like the opponent's health was roughly half way give or take, and I'm at very low health, I'm going to go for the 50, and need be, put Ex on that slide to do 51 if it's there. Game. Or maybe you would risk leaving it up to another chance.
And as for that 48. 11/10 challenge. Have at it.
No one's saying to do this combo mid match, this is a last resort consistent option. Round 2 or 3, win on the line. But I figured you wouldn't realize that. To imply that a consistent 50-51 percent combo, is not worth it "period", in must win situations, is frankly stupid.

Regardless, it's impossible to deny the ease and functionality of this combo if you are put in a situation where you must do, not 47, or that so called "not even remotely difficult" 48, but 50-51 percent as to not leave anything to chance, especially against Kabal's and Johnny's.

you underestimate me!
I don't drop combos! only "advanced resets" ahaha.

and I'm never in a -must win- situation. Either I do the pwning or I get pwned...and that has nothing to do with pulling off corner only combos. I can do that combo easily, but I don't rely on it too much.
Alright, you pulled my leg. Considering how easy it is to do, even online I'd say, if the opponent is at roughly 51, I don't care if I'm at 10,50,or100 percent health, I'm getting rid of that health bar if I think it'll kill him.
And I can pretty much guesstimate where the half way point is. And if you're all like "BUT TYM, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL!" Then get red tape and stick it at the half way point. Peace.

GuamoKun

Alright, you pulled my leg. Considering how easy it is to do, even online I'd say, if the opponent is at roughly 51, I don't care if I'm at 10,50,or100 percent health, I'm getting rid of that health bar if I think it'll kill him.
And I can pretty much guesstimate where the half way point is. And if you're all like "BUT TYM, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL!" Then get red tape and stick it at the half way point. Peace.
Alright you just summed up your argument. YOU found a use for it and YOU will use it and that is fine and dandy. But remember, once you post something here, its subject to criticism and praise. At this point in the meta-game combos play a less important game than tech. Kitana has some good damage output but compare the buzz a 60% 1 bar combo (pre-patch) vs the hype of the "god-like" string. Compare how much people talk about Ermac's damage compared to his pressure strings and vortex setups. Think about these things. Its good to know combos but once you start leveling up your game you'll see that it isn't combos that make a player great.

Oh and by the way,
I'm not beating around the bush alright, this little thing between you and Altaire is just ridiculous. Seriously, it isn't a good thing and doesn't reflect well on us CSZ players. It isn't a good day for CSZ players when people notice these little shitstorms more than actual stuff we post.

Oh and by the way,
I'm not beating around the bush alright, this little thing between you and Altaire is just ridiculous. Seriously, it isn't a good thing and doesn't reflect well on us CSZ players. It isn't a good day for CSZ players when people notice these little shitstorms more than actual stuff we post.
I know >.>

And as far as tech goes, believe me, I've tried to find new tech. Really, anything at all...from exchanging the F221xxShortbomb with the U4xxShortbomb simply to catch people off guard one more time. Literally, I'm trying to find feasible tech, but in that search, I simply only find higher damage combos or easier high damage BNB's, and so I post them here for you guys. And damaging combos are worth the find. Look at Cyrax, Kitana, Cyber's U4, and Jax's Reset. I'm aware it's open to criticism and discussion, and I'm okay with that, except from Altaire,

because dude, to be quite honest, and this is not meant to be disrespectful Altaire, you were a dick from the start, and throughout every single one of my posts. What you see as critical (if you see it that way), I see as blatant rudeness and disrespect. And I'm not the only one to think so, but I won't put names.

GuamoKun

I know >.>

And as far as tech goes, believe me, I've tried to find new tech. Really, anything at all...from exchanging the F221xxShortbomb with the U4xxShortbomb simply to catch people off guard one more time. Literally, I'm trying to find feasible tech, but in that search, I simply only find higher damage combos or easier high damage BNB's, and so I post them here for you guys. And damaging combos are worth the find. Look at Cyrax, Kitana, Cyber's U4, and Jax's Reset. I'm aware it's open to criticism and discussion, and I'm okay with that, except from Altaire,

because dude, to be quite honest, and this is not meant to be disrespectful Altaire, you were a dick from the start, and throughout every single one of my posts. What you see as critical (if you see it that way), I see as blatant rudeness and disrespect. And I'm not the only one to think so, but I won't put names.
You didn't have to bring him up at all. You want this to end? Stop then. You could have just said that you couldn't find new tech, but you found combos.

There is a sticky on combos

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3884-Cyber-Sub-Zero-Combo-amp-Juggle-Thread

Nobody has posted anything since October. You could have contributed there. No need to make a new thread for every single combo variation.

Nobody has posted anything there in two months.
I doubt anyone would even read or know of any combos in there unless they're constantly checking up on the combo sticky.

And to be honest, I probably have 2, maybe 3 posts left in me. I'm honestly running out of any ideas within reason, so I doubt I'm going to be able to find higher or more consistent damage opportunities.

Hell, I was even playing around with 112xx(Special) as an anti-air after F221/U4xxShort Bomb, considering the 9f startup.

And as for the tech thing, I used the word synonymously with combos and as a little joke since the word is thrown out like candy. My bad.

GuamoKun

Nobody has posted anything there in two months.
I doubt anyone would even read or know of any combos in there unless they're constantly checking up on the combo sticky.

And to be honest, I probably have 2, maybe 3 posts left in me. I'm honestly running out of any ideas within reason, so I doubt I'm going to be able to find higher or more consistent damage opportunities.

Hell, I was even playing around with 112xx(Special) as an anti-air after F221/U4xxShort Bomb, considering the 9f startup.

And as for the tech thing, I used the word synonymously with combos and as a little joke since the word is thrown out like candy. My bad.
People will look at it at least.

I posted an entire thread on f221 and b32 setups and people have looked at it and haven't posted.

CSZ doesn't need to use his meter for damage opportunities we have been telling you, some in different ways, but that's what we have been saying. Its not to say that its bad, but that the other way is better.

Just relax alright? Take it like a true CSZ and

CHILLAX

I'm perfectly fine with you guys saying it, and you more than others.
Trust me, I manage my meter with Cyber, I'm not going to be Indiana Jones'ing it up trying to drop Ex Midscreen 45's and 51's for no damn reason.

Whenever I post these combos, this is my reasoning...
" -mashing in random inputs- Oh look, a new combo. It seems easy to do. Or it does more damage. Sure, it's not your every day thing, but hell...I'll go ahead and post it anyway. I mean, why not, it's for damage or informational purposes, and maybe it'll lead to some newer or easier combos...yeah, I'll post it."

To be honest, it doesn't matter to me if the members don't appreciate anything I post on here. That's a luxury on these forums. But people being rude when you're trying to help bothers me, I can't help it. So it might not be in the 'proper thread' or 'worthless,'... but if the point of the community is to discuss so that we all come out with more knowledge than we did before, then so be it. This isn't just a response to your last comment, but to this site in general.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Not bad at all, and it is cool that there are new ideas and combos for CSZ, always welcome.
Still, as I just imagine this one it denies something that should be a habit for CSZ players.
In this case the close bomb 3,4,3,4,3,4 slide. or close bomb, block, then 3,4, etc or whatever wich not only +3-4% but 30% or what idk the exact damage now.
And the meter as said before could be a match for CSZ, like a good ex parry timed with the wakeup of the opp, or a close dive in the corner, or a breaker possibility... Idk, I just won't do that, still it looks cool if you want to play with style, but impractical.
Thank you for the contribution however.

Altaire

Noob
Altaire, with no due respect, I find your posts on my threads not worth one minute, period. You probably didn't even attempt this in practice, or at best tried like 5 times and didn't even bother. It doesn't matter what I post, you'll immediately discredit the functionality, even combos for damage purposes. And if I was ever in a situation where I felt like the opponent's health was roughly half way give or take, and I'm at very low health, I'm going to go for the 50, and need be, put Ex on that slide to do 51 if it's there. Game. Or maybe you would risk leaving it up to another chance.
And as for that 48. 11/10 challenge. Have at it.
No one's saying to do this combo mid match, this is a last resort consistent option. Round 2 or 3, win on the line. But I figured you wouldn't realize that. To imply that a consistent 50-51 percent combo, is not worth it "period", in must win situations, is frankly stupid.

Regardless, it's impossible to deny the ease and functionality of this combo if you are put in a situation where you must do, not 47, or that so called "not even remotely difficult" 48, but 50-51 percent as to not leave anything to chance, especially against Kabal's and Johnny's.
TEST YOUR MIGHT, with all due respect (which is none whatsoever), whether or not you find my posts worthwhile is irrelevant; effectively just because everyone on TYM is entitled to their opinion as long as they play by the rules, but doubly so because you're you.

I didn't need to try the combo. For one, I can do xTac's 50% combo just fine, so the execution doesn't bother me. Second, that isn't even the point. The point is that you're wasting one bar for TWO percent damage, or two bars for three. Hell, I don't even know which is worse. Regardless, can you REALLY tell me that you'd be able to see the difference between 48% and 50% on a health bar? First off, we're talking about corner combos. If you have one bar to spare in the corner, why not just... I don't know, EX divekick? If it hits, 18%. If it's blocked, 5% chip, completely safe. Well gee, that sounds like a much more efficient use of meter than a 2% combo extension, especially since you actually build back 1/4 of a bar with the chip. You have your opponent trapped in the corner, how much room for error do you even have? If it's enough that you'd seriously risk one bar on the assumption that you can visibly tell the difference between 48% and 50%, then your corner game needs some serious work. Better yet, you'd risk two bars? Two? That's two EX divekicks or, y'know, a breaker. Unless you're at magic pixel status, I'm pretty sure a breaker is about your best shot at a comeback in a situation like that.

I've said this once, and I'll say it again: I'm tired of your shit. You post a bunch of impractical combos (which is pretty much all you ever do to "contribute", actually), then you bitch and moan if you receive even the slightest bit of criticism for it. No one is attacking you or calling you a bad player, you're just whining because not everyone wants to suck you off for posting combos that are flashy, innovative and absolutely pointless in a real match setting. I already warned you about this once, clearly to no productive end, so I'm done. I'll tell you what, though: You keep this shit up, and I'll just start closing every combo thread you make without warning. You've made it expressly clear that you can't post an impractical combo without starting shit if it isn't universally acclaimed, so apparently that's the only rational solution to keep you in line. I've warned you about this multiple times, to no avail, so I'm just going to skip that step from now on. The next time you pull this with anyone on the board, I'm just going to forcibly shut you up without any notice whatsoever. The thread will be deleted, and subsequent combo threads will just magically go missing before you even have a chance to step out of line.

Have fun.

TEST YOUR MIGHT, with all due respect (which is none whatsoever), whether or not you find my posts worthwhile is irrelevant; effectively just because everyone on TYM is entitled to their opinion as long as they play by the rules, but doubly so because you're you.

I didn't need to try the combo. For one, I can do xTac's 50% combo just fine, so the execution doesn't bother me. Second, that isn't even the point. The point is that you're wasting one bar for TWO percent damage, or two bars for three. Hell, I don't even know which is worse. Regardless, can you REALLY tell me that you'd be able to see the difference between 48% and 50% on a health bar? First off, we're talking about corner combos. If you have one bar to spare in the corner, why not just... I don't know, EX divekick? If it hits, 18%. If it's blocked, 5% chip, completely safe. Well gee, that sounds like a much more efficient use of meter than a 2% combo extension, especially since you actually build back 1/4 of a bar with the chip. You have your opponent trapped in the corner, how much room for error do you even have? If it's enough that you'd seriously risk one bar on the assumption that you can visibly tell the difference between 48% and 50%, then your corner game needs some serious work. Better yet, you'd risk two bars? Two? That's two EX divekicks or, y'know, a breaker. Unless you're at magic pixel status, I'm pretty sure a breaker is about your best shot at a comeback in a situation like that.

I've said this once, and I'll say it again: I'm tired of your shit. You post a bunch of impractical combos (which is pretty much all you ever do to "contribute", actually), then you bitch and moan if you receive even the slightest bit of criticism for it. No one is attacking you or calling you a bad player, you're just whining because not everyone wants to suck you off for posting combos that are flashy, innovative and absolutely pointless in a real match setting. I already warned you about this once, clearly to no productive end, so I'm done. I'll tell you what, though: You keep this shit up, and I'll just start closing every combo thread you make without warning. You've made it expressly clear that you can't post an impractical combo without starting shit if it isn't universally acclaimed, so apparently that's the only rational solution to keep you in line. I've warned you about this multiple times, to no avail, so I'm just going to skip that step from now on. The next time you pull this with anyone on the board, I'm just going to forcibly shut you up without any notice whatsoever. The thread will be deleted, and subsequent combo threads will just magically go missing before you even have a chance to step out of line.

Have fun.
tl;dr
It's only with you love.
There's these things called wakeup attacks, they tend to beat straight through things with their invulnerability and do damage on the pitious foo' who tries to attack them. It's not like you can parry or slap an ice clone anymore. Yeah, I'll say it again, if my health is that low, and there health looks about half way, it seems necessary to go for it. I'd feel like an idiot if I did a relatively safer 47, and they only have a smidgen left on their health bar, and I get hit by a wake up attack that is hard to dodge, or can't afford to take the chip, etc, considering you're on the corner. Look, if you don't see the viability of a perfectly decent combo, that's okay.
And if you're under 5-7 percent health, you're very limited on your options. Projectile? Dead. Grabbed? Dead. Blockstrings? There's quite a few blockstrings that when added up and thrown in with a special, will kill roughly 5-7 percent of one's health.
You just did a combo with more than 30+ damage, the opponent has a bar as well now. And an ExDk does 5%? That's only two percent more than if you had done the 50, -if- your opponent doesn't catch you first. Honestly, you make ExDK's sound like the opponent will take it -no problem-... Kitana, Kabal, Sub Zero, and Johnny Cage would like to have a word with you. Point is, why would anyone leave the game on the line up to chance when in a bad situation, or on a bad matchup, when you have a chance at killing them, then and there. It makes absolutely no sense to let your opponent have another chance to kill you. I'd personally feel like a dumbass if I saved my bar, the opponent lived, and either caught me because I expected/or didn't expect a wakeup, and I lost a set/match.

I get it Altaire, everything I say is impractical and useless. But since my posts and myself as a player have no credibility, maybe if you wasted less time on my threads, you could have posted Used Fo--- I mean your guide by now. Peace.

Flagg

Noob
You know, us CSZ players shouldn't be trying to one up each other, we should be colaborating, sharing info, for the better of all of us.

While we're on the subject of corner combos, I have this:

211+2, njp, 211+2, 34

Now this only does about 34% and you have to pause ever so slightly after the njp or you'll whiff his 211+2 launcher. But what's good about this, is the 34 knocks them down and prevents them tech rolling. After the 34, you can dash back and throw a close bomb and you are immediately putting them under pressure again before they have even got up, by which you can go straight in with another combo (if they are blocking or not, the bomb will hit them), or if they are the kind of player that loves to use wake ups, block, let the bomb hit them.

You know, us CSZ players shouldn't be trying to one up each other, we should be colaborating, sharing info, for the better of all of us.

While we're on the subject of corner combos, I have this:

211+2, njp, 211+2, 34

Now this only does about 34% and you have to pause ever so slightly after the njp or you'll whiff his 211+2 launcher. But what's good about this, is the 34 knocks them down and prevents them tech rolling. After the 34, you can dash back and throw a close bomb and you are immediately putting them under pressure again before they have even got up, by which you can go straight in with another combo (if they are blocking or not, the bomb will hit them), or if they are the kind of player that loves to use wake ups, block, let the bomb hit them.
This is highly character dependent.
Although meterless and consistent. You can roughly do 45-46% with JIP21xxFreeze, JIP211+2, NJP, 211+2, 34. Hard knock down. Samething really.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
The classic corner combo above does 43% damage. But as said above by Flagg there is a reason we use it.
Let's see exaclty. You are done with the combo, have 43% damage, and you throw out a close bomb right on, and before
the wakeup you start the 3,4,3,4,3,4,slide combo wich does 34% damage. Or you can block, depends only.
What could happen?
1) Opp tries to roll, can't do that.
2) Opp blocks low, the 3,4 as an overhead will hit. Opp blocks, the bomb will hit, full combo for you.
3) Opp can do a wakeup. Now this is what really character dependant.
-The 3,4,3,4,3,4,slide string can deny most of the wakeup attacks (teleport attacks will be underneath) if timed correctly, so before the opp
can do a wakeup if you start you are in a wining position. If not the 3,4... string, the bomb will do that for you, and as it freezes now, since the opp is not chipped, and the bomb is behind him, it will freeze, full combo possibilty you have there.
4) If you block after the bomb instead of the 3,4 string, the bomb will hit always, or if for some reason not, you have the advantage with 11,freeze mostly
and you can have another 34%, or what.
5) The exception are teleport attack from Smoke, Scorpion, Ermac, Noob, wich on block can be punished with full combo again.
6) This far as I saw only Kitana can get away from this with a wakeup, but honestly don't pick CSZ against Kitana... still she can only get away, but can't hurt you, and you have one bar more, even a blocked ex-dive does more damage if we add it up.

I won't say that the 3,4's timing is easy as hell, but it saves you a bar, and adds up another 34%(!!!!!) of damage, wich is 77% if you can do the 3,4 string. If you block instead of 3,4string it is +8% that means 51% (there you go, +1% with no bar) even if it won't freeze, but if it does another 34% combo for you.
But if all goes wrong with that and the bomb won't hit, and you blocked, that you can react with 1,1 wich is fast enough to punish most of the wakeups.

I get it that you have smthg new, but please there is a tech that used widely by good players for a reason. If you don't know the reason, then you should learn it, then try out yourself, and you will know why. If you don't know the reason, you have no right to call smthg shitty I believe.
Still, as I said, you are creative, and it looks flashy as hell.