What's new

General/Other New target: Counter-Armor reads

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Since the day i choosed skarlet has official main character i've put a lot of things into the table, and reduce them to useful stuff. There was a time, that i had to find a different level to play above all Angolan MK9 scene to hold the throne until now.

Recently i've been working and brought a lot of things to TYM, and also along the way figure why sometimes my opponent feels over pressured that chooses to wakeup attack inside my spacing when i want some tech to work.
Also some players started to pick characters with good armor to escape my frame traps or aproaching atempts. With this said, i've set a new target, a new level to stand among the other once again, and i already proved to be possible, now its time to fight armor with armor.

Characters who can armor Skarlet, get ready to get counter-armored while your armor runs out. Get ready to burn meter and get punished, no matter if you have a flash parry, or a armored dash, Krimson dash armor last 25 frames (2 frames to startup out of 27), 20 of invencibility won't save you from my armor.
just give me some time to apply these two things to my current game with some consistency and its done.

new targets to master in consistency level:
Anti-Wakeup attack
Counter-Armor tech Anti-Armor

video comming in a non distant future

AssassiN

Noob
You posted a lot of good tech Eddy, thank you for that. I'm trying to master the red swag tech you posted.

Anti-Wakeup attack
I've been working a bit myself on this and I found that up close 2 characters cannot wake-up attack against Skarlet or Skarlet gets a free combo.
Kabal's and Sektor's wake-up game can be stuffed with U3 + far dagger, it works consistently with Sektor while with Kabal it's very tricky.

After F4,3 these characters cannot wakeup attack when Skarlet does her blood ball in any situation and Skarlet can block any possible projectile wakeup attack(like Kabal's Saw):
Kabal
Shang Tsung
Jax
Sonya
Kitana

After F4,3 these characters cannot wakeup attack if they have 15% or less:
Cage
Sindel
Liu Kang
Kano
Baraka

AssassiN

Noob
With the F4,3 I mean at the end of a combo.
Also found something that might be mindblowing, gonna try to record a vid.

Espio

Kokomo
Sounds interesting, good luck :). I actually use a similar strategy with Jade to get through Kenshi's ex shadow barge and some other armored moves, so this should be good. Anything that will add more depth to how people play is awesome.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sounds interesting, good luck :). I actually use a similar strategy with Jade to get through Kenshi's ex shadow barge and some other armored moves, so this should be good. Anything that will add more depth to how people play is awesome.
Yeah, i think i will challenge the game at the level of who choose to armor has to make sure he can block later lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You posted a lot of good tech Eddy, thank you for that. I'm trying to master the red swag tech you posted.

I've been working a bit myself on this and I found that up close 2 characters cannot wake-up attack against Skarlet or Skarlet gets a free combo.
Kabal's and Sektor's wake-up game can be stuffed with U3 + far dagger, it works consistently with Sektor while with Kabal it's very tricky.

After F4,3 these characters cannot wakeup attack when Skarlet does her blood ball in any situation and Skarlet can block any possible projectile wakeup attack(like Kabal's Saw):
Kabal
Shang Tsung
Jax
Sonya
Kitana

After F4,3 these characters cannot wakeup attack if they have 15% or less:
Cage
Sindel
Liu Kang
Kano
Nightwolf(don't think Nightwolf can wakeup attack with reflect)
Baraka
Nw can wakeup with reflect

AssassiN

Noob
Nw can wakeup with reflect
Thanks, removed from the list.

This combo does 51% damage instead of 39%.
Is possible with:
Jax' dash punch
Liu Kang's bicycle kick
Sonya's carthwheel and Arc kick
Kitana's teleport

After some more testing, found out that the opponent can block immediately even though it seems like they are still in their recovery frames(like Sonya's arc kick).
Just a little something for the combo vids I guess.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Thanks, removed from the list.

This combo does 51% damage instead of 39%.
Is possible with:
Jax' dash punch
Liu Kang's bicycle kick
Sonya's carthwheel and Arc kick
Kitana's teleport

After some more testing, found out that the opponent can block immediately even though it seems like they are still in their recovery frames(like Sonya's arc kick).
Just a little something for the combo vids I guess.
Dayuuummmm, Bloodball combo starter tha fuck!!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Important note.

Punishing opponnents while inside their amor gives skarlet +1% of damage on any of her BnBs
Meaning, 36% resets inside armor counter would be 37%
42% would be 43%

Interesting, now its a matter of reading armor and intentionally throw a bone to bait it