What's new

Tech New SZ Corner Setup, Using B2 (Full Charge)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
gimm... ick

you can't react to them jumping... you have to read it

my question here is... why use the b2 when the JK does the same thing? JK is safer in every shape.

Truth

Noob
gimm... ick

my question here is... why use the b2 when the JK does the same thing? JK is safer in every shape.
JK can still potentially lead you to getting AA by some character's D1 such as Cage's D1, though I think it could have some use off the 222 setups that Denzel has been doing; B2 can be cancelled after 18 frames, which is the same speed as Kitana's F2 (18 frames) which blows up counter pokes on whiff; if the opponent jumps back and whiffs their jk or jp they can't block instantly after landing.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
JK can still potentially lead you to getting AA by some character's D1 such as Cage's D1, though I think it could have some use off the 222 setups that Denzel has been doing; B2 can be cancelled after 18 frames, which is the same speed as Kitana's F2 (18 frames) which blows up counter pokes on whiff; if the opponent jumps back and whiffs their jk or jp they can't block instantly after landing.
what if they just... jump and react? Jump Back ... and watch you?

Truth

Noob
what if they just... jump and react? Jump Back ... and watch you?
You mean as SZ starts the charge and the opposing player jumps backwards when he sees the charge starts? My brother and I tested it, he has to react to what I'm doing so he tried playing around when he would jump; once you see (the SZ player) sees that the opponent jumps, you can cancel into a dash 22; the main problem is not reacting to the jumps, but getting the iceball from 22 to connect on the AA. Sometimes it connects, while other times it misses.

The opposing player can't jump late because the B2 can still connect; they have to commit to jumping early, which is still something that is favourable for the SZ player. The best way to stop the setup is to use D3 (if your D3 has range), which is why I posted the stuff on beating the D3 shenanigans in the corner.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
no I mean to stuff the dash cancelled 2,2. Obviously you are going to cancel as soon as possible... giving me a reliable timetable to counter with a JK. Or am I wrong?

Truth

Noob
no I mean to stuff the dash cancelled 2,2. Obviously you are going to cancel as soon as possible... giving me a reliable timetable to counter with a JK. Or am I wrong?
The backwards JK is not good in this situation because sometimes my brother tried doing that and he ended up getting frozen by the still active clone giving me another combo, and more importantly, putting him into the same situation. The other thing is the first 2's hitbox is very good and has a high chance of beating out your JK attempt. The last thing is that the SZ player doesn't have to approach with a dash cancelled 22, instead I could opt for using a dash cancelled D4 (lowering my hitbox) which if it AAs you, allows me to link iceball into another 222 setup. The worst thing you want to do here is jump because there's all of these options, but more importantly, once you whiff your JK or JP, you can't block right away, so you're going to eat a corner combo.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I like this setup... but I mean.... who can't get out of it with a special move of some type?

I want this to work... but damn if its not easy to see the holes.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Why are so many people claiming "new tech" based on stuff I posted about months ago? By the way, most of the "new tech" stuff was discovered and talked about by myself and a user called mechacide aeons ago, lol.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Agree, this are just twicks/additions. You are better off with sub corner pressure.
It isn't a tweak, though, it's the exact setup that was quite openly talked about months and months ago. I won't be able to go back and find it now, but I was the one to talk about charging b2 behind a 212 clone in the corner and cancelling into 22 anti-air. Unfortunately, the game has changed so much, almost everybody has armour and a free way of blowing it up since you can't block directly after a b2 cancel. Oh, and by the way, projectile to the face works for no bar when you try this.

This is why I came up with the 22, freeze, jip 21, d3 knockdown or 212, freeze, d3 knockdown in the corner so that I could create the guessing game on wakeup with a knockdown that is great enough for me to backdash cancel and block the wakeup. Reo's video is actually a tweaked version of my setup but obviously it's "new" and Reo's done more for the Sub community in two day's worth of videos than long time Sub mainers have since the game came out, in the words of some, lol.

The reason the Sub forum is behind, is because almost all of this stuff has been discovered, explored and largely abandoned but you guys haven't done your research and think this is all new and it's Christmas come early.

Creepy00

Noob
It isn't a tweak, though, it's the exact setup that was quite openly talked about months and months ago. I won't be able to go back and find it now, but I was the one to talk about charging b2 behind a 212 clone in the corner and cancelling into 22 anti-air. Unfortunately, the game has changed so much, almost everybody has armour and a free way of blowing it up since you can't block directly after a b2 cancel. Oh, and by the way, projectile to the face works for no bar when you try this.

This is why I came up with the 22, freeze, jip 21, d3 knockdown or 212, freeze, d3 knockdown in the corner so that I could create the guessing game on wakeup with a knockdown that is great enough for me to backdash cancel and block the wakeup. Reo's video is actually a tweaked version of my setup but obviously it's "new" and Reo's done more for the Sub community in two day's worth of videos than long time Sub mainers have since the game came out, in the words of some, lol.

The reason the Sub forum is behind, is because almost all of this stuff has been discovered, explored and largely abandoned but you guys haven't done your research and think this is all new and it's Christmas come early.
First paragraph proves my point,this isnt new. That is why i said " this are tweaks/additions". I remembered this being on discussion.

Well, if you deserve credit for it, it would be the b2 fake out in the corner, not the mix ups. Those are sub s fundamentals, fundamentals any sub player should know. About reo getting more regconition that long time sub mainers is a different topic. I know how that feels, me and Marvas got zero regconition for sub s ex ice puddle reset, even though marvas showed in tourney videos before and me, i have both Cat and Devildigimon who can confirmed it. But w/e check got the credit.

I agree with what you saying, but I wouldnt necessarily say that is the reason. It is for most it the sub community depends so much on others for tech, set ups, etc. while having time to level up on their own, but not using it. How many threads had we seen "is subzero bottom tier" ? Well, it is because those people couldnt find stuff on their own, so expect others to give their knowledge about the character. How come we dont see other top subzero players posting in threads? Obviously they rely on what they can get from the character on their own. Sure, they might take some tech posted, but they dont complain.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
First paragraph proves my point,this isnt new. That is why i said " this are tweaks/additions". I remembered this being on discussion.

Well, if you deserve credit for it, it would be the b2 fake out in the corner, not the mix ups. Those are sub s fundamentals, fundamentals any sub player should know. About reo getting more regconition that long time sub mainers is a different topic. I know how that feels, me and Marvas got zero regconition for sub s ex ice puddle reset, even though marvas showed in tourney videos before and me, i have both Cat and Devildigimon who can confirmed it. But w/e check got the credit.

I agree with what you saying, but I wouldnt necessarily say that is the reason. It is for most it the sub community depends so much on others for tech, set ups, etc. while having time to level up on their own, but not using it. How many threads had we seen "is subzero bottom tier" ? Well, it is because those people couldnt find stuff on their own, so expect others to give their knowledge about the character. How come we dont see other top subzero players posting in threads? Obviously they rely on what they can get from the character on their own. Sure, they might take some tech posted, but they dont complain.
To be honest, it isn't even a "credit" thing, man, it's the fact people are not paying attention to the stuff that does get shared quite openly. It takes Reo to come across something for it to get recognised and even then it's for the wrong reason, in this case, trolling. I want to see the sub community level up like crazy because, individually, I cannot get to tournaments for personal reasons. I want to see sub players fully understanding the tech that is found and increasing the viability of their own setups because of that understanding. It's not happening right now.

Truth

Noob
Why are so many people claiming "new tech" based on stuff I posted about months ago? By the way, most of the "new tech" stuff was discovered and talked about by myself and a user called mechacide aeons ago, lol.
My bad, I didn't know people have posted this months ago. If you discovered the B2 setup after 212~Clone, then you rightfully deserve credit. However, I haven't seen any SZ do this setup in any of the matches I have seen, and I haven't seen any other SZ player do the B2 setup after the 222~Clone setup.

ryublaze

Noob
I'm pretty sure most Sub players have experimented with B2 charge in the corner before. They're just not used because people are using 2, 2, 2 clone ender or B1, 2, 1 on a grounded opponent. Doing B2 charge is risky and if your opponent guesses right then you lose your corner game.

Truth

Noob
I'm pretty sure most Sub players have experimented with B2 charge in the corner before. They're just not used because people are using 2, 2, 2 clone ender or B1, 2, 1 on a grounded opponent. Doing B2 charge is risky and if your opponent guesses right then you lose your corner game.
Yeah I know the downside to the setups, but something which Osu 16 Bit is telling me is that SZ players as a whole are way too conservative in the corner; it isn't always about containment, sometimes you have to go for the kill in the corner, so that requires taking some risks.

gimm... ick

Why does everyone thing the jump kick that safe? You can literally hit him with a projectile before he lands -__-. Stop believing everything you hear top players say, well Jk isn't that safe buddy. Specials beat Jk

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why does everyone thing the jump kick that safe? You can literally hit him with a projectile before he lands -__-. Stop believing everything you hear top players say, well Jk isn't that safe buddy. Specials beat Jk
with 2,1,2~clone in the corner... most projectiles are caught in the clone... so yeah

with 2,1,2~clone in the corner... most projectiles are caught in the clone... so yeah
Most projectiles huh, most isn't all buddy so that strategy isn't gonna make him any better atm, plus armor, invincibility and etc. You guy's need to rely on better strategies ya know, getting too damn desperate for new tech that your losing sight of how to play with your head.......

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Most projectiles huh, most isn't all buddy so that strategy isn't gonna make him any better atm, plus armor, invincibility and etc. You guy's need to rely on better strategies ya know, getting too damn desperate for new tech that your losing sight of how to play with your head.......
are you kidding me? This isn't something you do every time... but if you JiK ... you won't be getting hit by any type of ground projectile.
This obviously is character dependent... as well as meter dependent. But it is a legit strategy against the entire cast when they have no meter.... or they start trying to poke you from behind the clone.... or when they have tiny tiny hit boxes.