What's new

Video/Tutorial new subzero video

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
His combos look weak imo... but hopefully once we get our hands on it... that changes. :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!

U2 is indeed back... :(

It seems that's only on neutral jumps, though. Which...I guess I can tolerate. The reason I say it's on neutral jumps is because j.FP is used often, and the launcher on Jax after the EX freeze is a nj.FP. j.FP didn't launch anywhere in the vid, but nj.FP did. Hmmmmmmmm...so it's still in, but I guess a bit more balanced?

Also, EX freeze counter on Mileena's jump kick? :D

Seapeople

This one's for you
Well he gets at least 4 hits before an ice freeze, and it looks like he gets to continue his combo after an ice parry again.

Overall i think he'll be pretty solid like in the last game

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Worth a forum mention:

From the SB:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
  • Jump to page:

Shoutbox Archive

Krayzie Bone Today 07:05 PM

True, but at least it looks cool.
True, but at least it looks cool.

MK9 Today 07:05 PM

and that doesnt make sense
and that doesnt make sense

MK9 Today 07:04 PM

one shoots a spear from his hand
one shoots a spear from his hand

MK9 Today 07:04 PM

a guy controls water
a guy controls water

Krayzie Bone Today 07:03 PM

That doesnt even make sense.
That doesnt even make sense.

why would someone pop up after you hit him downwards?
why would someone pop up after you hit him downwards?

Regardless, wtf...
Regardless, wtf...

MK9 Today 07:03 PM

thats the same move as u2
thats the same move as u2

MK9 Today 07:02 PM

1:07
1:07

MK9 Today 07:02 PM

46 sec mark
46 sec mark

MK9 Today 07:01 PM

mark
mark

38 sec make is first one
38 sec make is first one

in the sub gameplay vid
in the sub gameplay vid

Krayzie Bone Today 07:00 PM

Link me
Link me

MK9 Today 07:00 PM

it does pop up, sub does it twice
it does pop up, sub does it twice

MK9 Today 07:00 PM

thats the guy jumping and doing the imput late
thats the guy jumping and doing the imput late

They are just combo strings.
They are just combo strings.

RoGE Today 07:00 PM

it doesn't work the same way, you move while doing it
it doesn't work the same way, you move while doing it

Because there are videos of the move by itself, and it doesnt pop up.
Because there are videos of the move by itself, and it doesnt pop up.

RoGE Today 06:59 PM

No it doesn't, if you seen the gameplay vids, they nerfed it

u can use it the same way

u can use it the same way
MK9 Today 06:59 PM

prob lp
prob lp

MK9 Today 06:58 PM

u jump in with a single imput
u jump in with a single imput

MK9 Today 06:58 PM

how do u no
how do u no

Krayzie Bone Today 06:58 PM

It doesnt work like it does on MKvsDC.
It doesnt work like it does on MKvsDC.

MK9 Today 06:57 PM

yup i said from the first build it was in the game, but nooooooooooooo one believed me
yup i said from the first build it was in the game, but nooooooooooooo one believed me

MK9 Today 06:57 PM

fucking U2 is back, are they serious

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Of course the same skeptics will moan and groan...yet even if U2 IS back and universal for everyone(which we've yet to see) it's apparently nerfed vastly and only used in straight jumps...not a big deal.

Plus, Riu's point I was also thinking..in MKDC it kind of froze you while airborne which I wasn't always fond of.

Sub looks like fun, his ice parry/ seems to work like an Ice Clone, maybe it's because that move is "the newer updated Ice Clone" more or less. Did you notice at sometimes when he used it as a counter he was able to combo off of it, while other cases it was an automatic hit after ice parry? :O

Finally!!! My boy Sub getting his love. The King of the 3D MK's in my opinion! Just my overall favorite and just the most badass to me.

Love the voice acting for sub!! And i mean in-game. His narrative is also better, but the only thing im getting annoyed at is his voice when he does a freezeball. I feel that needs to be toned down/less annoying/perhaps changed altogether. Other than that, WOW!! Seriously impressed!! Good shit MK Team!

Of course they give Sub-Zero the most badass move ive ever seen! The freeze palm! Holy shit, this is too good. This is gonna be like a mini MKDC wall combo at your disposal. I love how it freezes in air during juggles so they stop falling for a sec. Hes gonna have the best combos and easily my favorite for the 5th straight MK game.

Glad to see up2 back aka the equalizer for all chars to compete back in MKDC. Perhaps giving it to only weaker characters is good so that up2 cannot be as broken as MKDC. As well, the improved blocking mechanics will make up2 not as spammable. (If you notice, up2 gets blocked most of the time in that game)

Improvements to the future videos are some added focus on wall combos. I do not see any in this video, nor Scorpions.

Tag Team properties are greatly enhanced. I like how they are freeing up the amount of hits to 4 instead of 2 and even more when it comes to tag team possibilitys. Very nice!!

again, i love them freeing up the in-air properties as seen with up2, jab, popup, combo. Being able to combo in between that first and second popup is great!! It adds a level of difficulty only seen in MK Armageddon but made the game DEEP. I want to see more of this! Free it up!

Its cool to see the old clone back. All thats left for my boy sub is give him the air clone!!! Hopefully this is something they are testing out. (I'd love to test it for you :) )

IMPALE SON!! IMPALE!! :)

Great vid NS! Thanks for posting SGT!

THTB

It's likely universal. Most of the vids we've seen haven't utilized neutral jump punches. Plus we don't know the properties of it anymore...there likely could be range reductions, increased damage scaling, etc. From first glance, it looks like the team learned from their mistakes and definitely do lurk these forums. Why else would U2 work as it does now?

Kinda sucks it's still in, but I absolutely don't mind if it works like that.

MKF30

I agree with check's point, very true lol Sub's combo potential looks ridiculous lol in the right hands. Can't wait to see him used well. How cool would it be(no pun intended) lol if Elder Sub got in later as DLC (then Noob later on with his own moves)but have elder sub with freeze blast, slide and some of his MK Mythologies moves like Ice Shatter and enhanced slide that's unblockable, Ice Shower etc to differ from his brother Qui lian aka Younger Sub(one that's been in MK2-MKA);)

I don't think U2 is universal(and even if it is on neutral jumps=will hardly be used), there's been a lot of vids yet very few situations where we've seen it....Honestly, I'm going to ask Hector via his twitter. I want to try to clear this up and hopefully in one of the next 2 MKast's they'll clear it up because I'm not convinced U2 is universal again like MKDC...like Check mentioned, it may only be for the weaker characters which I'm totally fine by. At any rate, it makes no difference to me.

THTB

It'd be difficult to judge who would even be a weaker character at this point, which is why I'm fairly skeptical of this theory. But that's just me.

MKF30

I want to thank you for that ^ but not seeing a Thanks button? Odd...but thanks for clearing that up. You beat me to it lol

THTB,Yeah, I can see that especially at this point in time...Sub seems or appears more defensive as oppose to offensive IMO with all his "ice" countermoves lol, so far counting the U2 pop ups. Sektor on his enhanced teleport punch, Sub on neutral jump, Scorpion and who else? That's all I can think of with every vid I think we've seen so far doing an U2 of some kind. Unless...maybe they'll make it like part of certain characters enhanced moves only?

Plus, still 4+ months to go....maybe they'll be removed from some people all together...?? :S

DanCock

Cock Master!!
UP+2 was another thing i hated from MK vs DC. mainly in laggy fights......................

i may have misunderstood a few posts. but i think i read that some people see the same move being done and it doesnt pop up. its 2 separate moves they were in MK vs DC they both looked the same, one popped up the other was a umk3 like ground combo starter from what i recall. they both were stupid and annoying..

clearly this game is "almost" the same engine as mk vs dc which isnt too bad, but why is the mk team trying to act like they started from scratch... do they really think were that stupid?? just be honest, say its a modified MK vs DC engine with Zero 3D movement.

id rather it be like MK2 and MKA where you jump in, touch then follow with a special move.

MKF30

Well, you have to remember 2D and 3D are VERY different engines....there's things you can do with both that you can't do with the other, meaning things you can do in 2D that you can't in 3D even a 2.5 D game like MKDC which had some 3D elements, and things you can do in 3D that you can't do in 2D.

The speed is also different, so I would definitely say it's a different game entirely...

THTB

I don't know any other generic 3D game that has full screen unblockable projectiles only avoidable by jumping.

But meh, I agree...the 3D games are so different.