What's new

Tech :: NEW Sub-zero corner TRICK ::

HEY THERE MK COMMUNITY .. ^_^ ..

This is actually my first post in this forum. So, I had to make it something special.

So, here is a very cool Sub-Zero trick that I just came up with while messing with the character.

.::The Trick ::.

As u can see I've done two attempts on putting the clone. The first one was not deep enough! ( to show you what can happen if it's done the wrong way ) ...
The second one was at right depth.
It may look tough at first but you'll get it with some practice. Actually, i feel like its very easy to -at least- know if the clone is at the right place or not. So you can determine whether or not to go for the throw after placing the clone.

Whats really cool about this trick is that it is NOT Hit-box-dependent. And I think it's enough to confirm that it works 100% fine against Jade :)

Here is a very good Setup for the trick :

Using d3 at the corner helps creating the perfect space from which you can just put the clone ( after a d4 ) and go for a throw.
DO NOT move after the d3 AT ALL !! even the slightest move can make it miss.

You can see me just stand after the d3 and thats to show the distance. Also notice that d4 does not push you back like d3. But in a real match you'll do it fast like : d3-d4-clone=>THROW !

You can almost use this setup after any knockdown but watch for wake up options especially "wake up attacks". I used it after :

1- Sweep.
2- Slide.
3- Any corner combo ending with Slide.

Now don't just go for it every single time!... Mix it up with the other tricks to make it impossible for the opponent to guess right.

I think together with the last couple of tricks revealed, this will create the perfect corner game for Sub-Zero !!!

Thanks for watching ... And I'm looking forward to see it being used in real matches soon .. ^_^ ..

~ GOLDEN PETROS ~

Metalic

Noob
Not to discredit you in the least, but this has actually been known for decent while. Still, pretty impressive you found it without knowing about it. Hell, maybe this thread will raise some awareness about it. The level of information is nice as well. Had no idea about the D3/D4 part.

Metalic

Noob
It's definitely new to me. I've never seen this used before, it's pretty nice.
It's buried in one of the Sub threads a while back somewhere, actually never saw it talked about outside of there now that I think about it...

I was rarely able to use it due to the spacing, but now that I know I could possibly poke and get the spacing I might throw this in once or twice per match. Combined with slide in to clone and grabs in to clones, it'll be some shenanigans.

SpyderJ

Noob
Very nice : ) a little bit of a mixup, although if they know what to look for it may be nulified. Either go from 212 clone, into Enh slide for a freeze, or that close d4 into grab for a freeze. God damn, along with the pressure, AA, and fast frames of 22, subby is just looking better & better.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It's buried in one of the Sub threads a while back somewhere, actually never saw it talked about outside of there now that I think about it...

I was rarely able to use it due to the spacing, but now that I know I could possibly poke and get the spacing I might throw this in once or twice per match. Combined with slide in to clone and grabs in to clones, it'll be some shenanigans.
Lol, threads? This is day 1 shit. Reason why it isn't talked about is because it's just not practical, in that situation, no right minded Ermac player will let themselves get corner trapped like that.
In the nicest possible way, I like playing traps with Sub, but this is meh.

Col

Noob
Well, A while ago now i did D4 clone but it didnt freeze him, i tried it multiple times but nothing so i assumed it doesnt work,, it just exploded like your first showing.. but thanks to your help I guess it can work, I had the idea but not the technique..

also didnt know it was mentioned some time ago.. dont feel so smart now :( lol

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Lol, threads? This is day 1 shit. Reason why it isn't talked about is because it's just not practical, in that situation, no right minded Ermac player will let themselves get corner trapped like that.
We need more people like you at TYM.. there just isnt enough as it is... :jerkoff:

SpyderJ

Noob
Im confused, what specificaly about this is impractical? Ive seen D3 & D4 snuff wakeups, and a sub player putting someone in the corner is impractical? Seriously? Cmon man i've already tried this out a couple times and it seems to work pretty well online and offline vs another person. This also isnt specific to ermac if you didnt read what the OP said, this isnt character specific, and from what ive tried out so far ill vouch for it if it makes any difference.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO LIKED MY NEW TRICK ... And i m sorry for the ithers who went against it :(

1st of all I wanna say that again : the goal of knowing this trick is not just using it alone at the corner .. its to include it in ur mix up game !!!

And I m sorry if that wasn't "new" .. but for me i 100% discovered it alone and also haven't seen anybody even tried it once before .. so ...

I mean if this was really that old, all subby players should ve used it ..

Maybe u didn't get it Or maybe u couldn't do it .. just practice and be smarter at the corner .. but IMPRACTICAL ?????!!!!! Come on man ^^"

Ok let me explain this .. If I m having Ermac at the corner .. first of all from our first moments at the game I can tell of he is risky or not ( does he just wake up with TKs or not ! ) .. so when I m at the corner .. let him go for any of his wake up options and thanks for the free 41% damge combo :) cuz I let him wake up with his move and simply get punished .. Or he can get frozen by the clone if he wanted to jump or move .. Or NJ and get a full combo from me :)

I ll try to explain more how this can be really scary at the corner ...

Reason why it isn't talked about is because it's just not practical
Im sorry .. but if what ur sayin is true ? then thanks for proving I have come with something really NEW :)

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
this is why i neutral jump in the corner against sub :'), hes too scary to stay still against

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Then you eat a (2) 2 for jumping.
it's all guessing games, if the sub zero is going to dedicate to something like that and you know that you can safely jump, if he tries to 22 you after that block. thats what corner mixups are all about and why sub zero has such a strong one.

its never set in stone what will happen till it happens.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Well, here is what I'm talking about. If I have a clone set up, I whiff the first 2 but close enough so the 2nd 2 hits if you try to jump or still hits you blocking. I then have enough time to dash in, do another string and put another clone. But yeah, it's a guessing game. But you can try to Nj but I'm just saying 2, 2 is something to be wary of, especially if you're going to jump.

Marvaz

come at me
Didnt Tom just put a vid out the other day about this same exact same thing>? I remember it was off a 212 though.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
haha, ive seen this done by SZ Grand Master Tom Brady lol
is on his youtube account somewhere :)
But is cool that you found it on your own, makes you feel good, doesnt it?
Good job either way brother ;)

this is why i neutral jump in the corner against sub :'), hes too scary to stay still against
My friend .. if my uplode speed wasn't as horrible as it as, I would reply every comment with a video but ... Anyway ...
If you place the clone at the right place after d4 ( and btw MEATY D4 beats NJ ! ) but lets say u jumped after the clone being placed .. i can simply 2 2 you and u ll fall on the clone and get frozen ! after that I can do b1 2 into 214 slide which Reset the situation .. after this u ll never NJ so I ll use my Trick and u wont think of a thow now cuz u r waiting for my block strings and u ll eat the throw 99% and then I can dash block to bait a wake up attack And if u wake up block my new clone is still there and i can pressure with slide ( or EX slide depending on the character's hit box ) into combo .. and if u wanna block low after waking up I do a F4 into slide which is almost 100% guaranteed ( and this is something that is also never showed .. but the trick is revealed by Tom Brady before ) ...

so u have a lot to do and NJ is just not the right thing .. for me .. I have beaten all the NJs that players do against my corner pressure so far ever since I started to use just a clone without even a single trick :)

I've never seen this before... well done
THANKS MAN :)
I wish to see Tom Brady using it in a real match .. ^^"

I ll try share more of my ideas about corner pressure with sub-zero .. It is just not easy to uplode a lot of videos from here :(

Col

Noob
Unless i missed where he did this particular trick, his was 212 clone slide.. and you gotta be mega close for it to work... its also a very handy tool, seeing as most people (without teleport) block in the corner.. unfortnatly most people can see it coming too.. this one is a little more of a suprise i think

again.. both very handy corner tools

if i did miss this particular trick done by tom then sorry.. either way.. its explained very well in the vid by Golden_petros

Didnt Tom just put a vid out the other day about this same exact same thing>? I remember it was off a 212 though.
ahhh GOD !!!

My friend .. u just said it !!! off of 212 not D4 .. this a whole different thing ..

BTW : u cant do 212 clone into throw AT ALL !!!

haha, ive seen this done by SZ Grand Master Tom Brady lol
Guys if there is a one fan in the whole world of TOM BRADY .. THEN IT IS JUST ME OK? !
I wont EVER be mad if he did it before me but can u plz post a link here to the same trick done by Tom Brady before this post ?

Unless i missed where he did this particular trick, his was 212 clone slide.. and you gotta be mega close for it to work... its also a very handy tool, seeing as most people (without teleport) block in the corner.. unfortnatly most people can see it coming too.. this one is a little more of a suprise i think

again.. both very handy corner tools

if i did miss this particular trick done by tom then sorry.. either way.. its explained very well in the vid by Golden_petros
You are the Man !

you got it !

I smell sarcasm..
Me too ...