What's new

Tech New Sub-Zero B+2 Corner Reset

You certainly have been coming up with a lot of crazy, creative stuff lately Reo. Just when I started to think there wasn't much left to be found. Makes you wonder what hidden tech low tier characters like Baraka has, waiting to be discovered...

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I've been incoporating the same thing off d3 knockdowns. If you do 21, d3, you can mix them up with the b2 stuff anywhere on the screen. Midscreen you can pick up the (2)1 with a quick d3, dash, b2 charge into whatever you like. Tech rolling is the best answer at midscreen but knowing myopponent is going to tech roll gives me something to work with anyway, and tech rolling after a d3 knockdown is prone to human error, people do not always tech roll as and when they should.

You can also beat out all of Sektor's wakeup attacks in the corner by ending a combo with 21, d3 and fully charging the b2. He has to tech roll and then wakeup in order to avoid it, but if he tech rolls into a wakeup, and you do a string instead, your string will hit him out of every wakeup option that he has.

The reason I use d3 is because I usually do it after a 212, freeze in the corner. After a 22 freeze, I much prefer jip, b121 and then a free 21 setup. people don't realise that a 21, clone will work the same way as a 212, clone for Sub's corner traps, so even against somebody who can interrupt between 1 and 2, you still have the same setups.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
With all this crazy tech, let me see you find stuff on... LOL i dont even have to say it

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Thats not the issue, youre gonna start the match midscreen, you need tools midscreen to get your opponent to the corner.
The clone is that tool when used correctly. Sub's bad matchups basicly amount to the characters he can't push to the corner or get a life lead and lame out.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Armored moves wink at you.
They hurt but armored moves will not save a character from Sub's corner game or from well placed and well timed clones. If armor was what could stop Sub Baraka could be a bad matchup, and he isn't. If you're not predictable about the clones and let them smack you on reaction then you should just be punishing their armored move when you make it whiff.

anything sub can do against reversals that moves horizontally? I tried to back dash and jump back but none of the reversals ive tested could be punished, by the time sz lands the opponent is ready to block. Even if the reversal ends at the same place SZ is going to land, a jbp seens to be not a combo started like jip.

New techs are aways cool and all but what Im really looking for right now are stuffs to help sz against bad matchups, the corner loop with jik Reo posted will to help against low hitbox chars (usually I keep pressing with d3 and 2, untill the first clone is about to end then I do 212 and another clone, obviously that doesnt works against bugged chars). I liked that. About the last ones, I dunno if its going to help against an opponent who knows the tricks and is using a good char to beat sz. Obviously its not Reo's, Shoryuken, Tom Brady or anyone's fault, Im just saying these tricks are cool but I dont think they gonna help SZ dealing with the matchups he have problems with.

ryublaze

Noob
I think any knockdown + B2/EX Ground Freeze has always been a gimmick Sub players shoved off because of how it can be escaped via wake-up attack. Not to take anything from REO, but I think Sub players (including myself) have already been doing (B1), 2, B2 charge leading to the guessing situation. 1, 3, F4 might be better but not sure. Still good post by REO.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I think any knockdown + B2/EX Ground Freeze has always been a gimmick Sub players shoved off because of how it can be escaped via wake-up attack. Not to take anything from REO, but I think Sub players (including myself) have already been doing (B1), 2, B2 charge leading to the guessing situation. 1, 3, F4 might be better but not sure. Still good post by REO.
IDK man... I always get blown up for using B2 (midscreen... I never use it in the corner). But I did this setup in the corner multiple times today with a 100% success rate. (granted, they may not have been good players... but even the not so good players blow up B2 when not in the corner)

I love this setup.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I can't check right now, but is this more damage than doing NJP ~ 1 ~ b1,2?

That's the one I do and it's pretty much the same idea.