What's new

New Stuff with the Lizard?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

Since the EX Slide leaves you at advantage on hit you can actually counter your opponents wakeup attacks.

For Example in this video I do it againts Sub Zero, the slide goes the opposite way and I still punish him.

This is very Character Dependent this doesnt not work like this against all of the cast.

Im not sure if this is new but I have never seen any Reptile do it before.

So please leave feedback if you have anything else you can add to this or make this better.

Now Since this setup works on EX moves im sure alot of Regular moves are punishable.

Character List:

Scopion- Works on Ex Takedown. Not Ex Teleport.
Liu Kang- Works on Ex Bicycle Kick and Ex Low Fireball. Both Full Combo Punishable.
Kung Lao- Dont Do it at all
Sub Zero- Works on Ex Slide and Ice Clone. Both Punishable
Sindel- Works on EX Scream Only. Full Combo Punishable.
Ermac- Works on EX TP. You can dash and block the Lift for a full punish.
Reptile- Works on All of his wakeups. Most are punishable buy dash
Kitana-Works on EX Cutter and EX Pretty Kick, with the Ex Fan Lift you dash in block and full combo punish
Cage- Works on everything. Ex Nut Punch is punishable for Full combo, Red Kick is only Punishable by dash
Jade- Works on EX Pole Slam and EX Green Kick
Mileena- Nothing works
Nightwolf- Works on EX Shoulder and EX Choke.
Cyrax- Works on EX Ragdoll
Noob- Works only on EX Slide.
Smoke- Its Not worth it in this matchup
Secktor- Dont Do it at all
Sonya- Check my Stream at 15:00
Jax- Works on all wake ups but the EX Overhead
Kano- Works on all EX wakeups
Styker-Can Punish all EX wakeups with Dash then JIP full combo.
Shang- Works on All EX wakeups
Baraka- Only works on EX Blade Charge
Kabal- Works on all EX wakeups but EX Buzzsaw
Raiden- Works on EX SuperMan and EX Shocker
Cyber Sub- Works on EX Slide
Sheeva- Works on all wake ups. (Computer wouldnt Do EX Fireball) When you do this setup on sheeva just go for the 321 Combo starter. It will move you out of the way if she does EX Telestomp, also it punishes everything that she tries to wake up with.
Quan Chi- Works on EX Trance, EX Skull Throw
Skarlett- Works on all of her EX wake ups but the Teleport, but if you time it just right you can kick her out of her teleport for a full combo.
Kenshi- Works only as a Punisher. Use this setup to get in real close and punish any wake up.
Rain-Dont Do it at all
Freddy- Dont do it at all

THTB
Milkman
Joker8417
CitizenSnips
Treadmill
dribirut
Showtime
Israel
Temjiin
RapZiLLa54

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Nice setup. I figured it'd be character dependent, but it's new nonetheless.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I do this very rarely because I did notice it worked occasionally but not all the time lol. I didn't know if it was character specific or if it was just a matter of if the opponent used the right wake up. I never looked that far into it though, I always do the ex slide then dash over and d4 acid hand, I never thought of a double dash though. Regardless good find dude!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Thats if they dont tech roll. I personally only use ex slide in a combo if they're going to die.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
But if they tech roll you get a free pressure or throw in.

Edit: I see what you saying Tech Roll into a wake up.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
But if they tech roll you get a free pressure or throw in.

Edit: I see what you saying Tech Roll into a wake up.
Yea you still have to respect the wake up if the tech roll so it doesnt cross up. If it was untechable this would be great but you can lead to much safer pressure with ex slow ball you know.

Almost everyone tech rolls reptile but if you find your opponent isnt a tech roller then go for the slide reset instead.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
lol its funny at first i could neeever tech roll now i do it almost every time but i still have nooo idea how im doing it lol

Lol Rapzilla I don't look at these forums often ,but I like reptile so....

I'm not shitting on your tech if your taking it that way either. You know considering your a damn good reptile player and all.

Lol wait a minute. This day 1 tech you want possibly front paged but when i post up an 80% possible damage corner tech i get its a gimmick. Lmao i give up

We all liked your set up. The word gimmick apparently is a dirty word to some. I say gimmick meaning its not guaranteed, its tricking your opponent or catching them with somethin.g unfamiliar. It is extremely useful.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2