What's new

New Spawn Render Released

Spawn is a thing finally happening. After being assured by people for the past 8 years that he was definitely going to be the last DLC character in whatever game was out, that dream is finally coming true. Today, NRS has put up a render showing off how he looks in the new game engine.

From the tweet posted here

Comments

This. Is. Spawn.

Edit: I realized that the only thing that makes him look less menacing here is that in almost every drawing, his eye slits are angled slightly downward, but in this render they're kind of sideways rectangles. But they nailed it on the body.

Compare:

Last edited:
This. Is. Spawn.

Edit: I realized that the only thing that makes him look less menacing here is that in almost every drawing, his eye slits are angled slightly downward, but in this render they're kind of sideways rectangles. But they nailed it on the body.

Compare:
You're right. But that's due to the stylized nature of comic artwork. Features tend to be a little exaggerated to emphasise emotion and expression. This looks a little closer to what you might see in a movie version ie a little more realistic so to speak.

I'm very excited, always loved playing him in Soul Calibur 2. Thought the movie was really cool. I have full confidence that he'll be super badass and fun to play after all this time they've been teasing him.

But I really really hope they up their cape game up for this. Visuals are great but the capes are still a little funky, and Spawn has the cape of all capes. I want to see optimal capery

I fucking love this. Cape looks a bit tame but the real deal will be seeing it in action. Also, I miss that the corners of where it drapes his shoulders don't curl upwards like horns in the drawings, but oh well.

Spawn is literally my favourite, and this is finally happening, but I gotta admit I'm a bit chapped that they're dangling him at us so much when he's coming out fucking last.

Last edited:
You're right. But that's due to the stylized nature of comic artwork. Features tend to be a little exaggerated to emphasise emotion and expression. This looks a little closer to what you might see in a movie version ie a little more realistic so to speak.
He has it in that second render though, so I think the poster might just be in a "default pose".

Imagine fans asking for Spawn.

NRS finally gives it to us.

Fans, don't wanna wait til March!!!

NRS, you will if you want him that badly.

Me: LMAO :D

I personally don't care about him, yes he's a badass but we already have a cool spectre. Give me Fujin.

I honestly wanted Cyrax, Reptile and Mileena in MK11 but color me impressed. NRS & WB has made me love characters I never thought possible. Sindel looks Bae, Nightwolf and Shang where amazing and Joker + Arnold is just too good.

Spawn is literally the greatest possible character to make it in the MK franchise and I'm glad I'm here to enjoy it.
He looks dope and I'm very excited to see how he plays and looks in customization. Honestly I'm hyped for every single DLC going forward. My dream will come true if Cyrax somehow makes it in KP2 but honestly I have way to many mains as it is.

He looks really cool and Keith David is an awesome voice actor. I have only seen the movie though with the fat clown. I’m going to watch the hbo series before he comes out. In 7 months...

It really is puzzling that they’d show off a render of a character they don’t intend on releasing for half a year.

To an extent, I get it. People obviously want to see it, but I’m having a hard enough time waiting for Sindel. I can’t even imagine waiting that long.

It really is puzzling that they’d show off a render of a character they don’t intend on releasing for half a year.

To an extent, I get it. People obviously want to see it, but I’m having a hard enough time waiting for Sindel. I can’t even imagine waiting that long.
Especially young audiences. At the age of 36 waiting a year for something doesn't seem that much of a stress for me. I know how long a year feels for a teen, though.