What's new

NEW SOUL STEAL.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
Stuffing wake ups is not the main goal anymore because they actually work now. It’s now used to force them into doing something or stay in the trap. Shang can still block every wake up after du2.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
If f434 up skull doesn't work then do b1214 up skull. B1214 has always been the better string in the corner to use over f434, it's slightly harder does a bit more dmg and with f434 is you do it after a jk 12 then the opponent can tech roll and wakeup and hit you before you can block.

With b1214 the recoveries faster than you can always block anything after throwing the up skull.

DetroitBalln

tupac aint dead
If f434 up skull doesn't work then do b1214 up skull. B1214 has always been the better string in the corner to use over f434, it's slightly harder does a bit more dmg and with f434 is you do it after a jk 12 then the opponent can tech roll and wakeup and hit you before you can block.

With b1214 the recoveries faster than you can always block anything after throwing the up skull.
b1214 xx up skull never worked, even pre patch. It was never a good idea.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
I would think shang would have gotten better due to his faster soul steal... making him play more on his signature move
so... did he realy get worst or is it... the other characters have got better in dealing with him?

and... i've said this reapeatedly, negative edge was effected minus 3 frames, so thangs should seem to come out faster...
so maybe stuff wouldn't wiff if delayed a little, like... do your own negative edge... i may be wrong though

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I would think shang would have gotten better due to his faster soul steal... making him play more on his signature move
so... did he realy get worst or is it... the other characters have got better in dealing with him?

and... i've said this reapeatedly, negative edge was effected minus 3 frames, so thangs should seem to come out faster...
so maybe stuff wouldn't wiff if delayed a little, like... do your own negative edge... i may be wrong though
I don't think it's the faster SS that made him worse, rather the inability to continue pressure as before due to wakeup attacks actually working now.

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
as a shang tsung player, i've lost alot more now due to the new EX SS, i just can't adjust to it.

SS is awesome once you get used to the timing. the only thing that sucks is losing some frame traps, he still has some but if they decide not to techroll it's pretty much impossible to stuff wakeups.

he didn't get a lot worse, but he lost a lot of pressure options (in regards to upskull), unless you're in the corner. but that's not much considering everyone having armor lol.

Shang is even better after the patch. What are people talking about? Is your execution so fragile you can't handle one of your specials being better?

Shang is even better after the patch. What are people talking about? Is your execution so fragile you can't handle one of your specials being better?
mm not exactly. the universal wakeup change obviously hurt shang, his wakeup options are a little better, he is not

mm not exactly. the universal wakeup change obviously hurt shang, his wakeup options are a little better, he is not
I'm still stuffing Reptile dashes and Sub clones on wakeup like nobody's business. Shang can pressure them outside their effective range.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
@Shadowfire

Could you please elaborate your post? I'd really like to know what setups you are talking about. Maybe you're using in front US ?
Hasn't the corner US whiff damaged your gameplay?

@Shadowfire

Could you please elaborate your post? I'd really like to know what setups you are talking about. Maybe you're using in front US ?
Hasn't the corner US whiff damaged your gameplay?
I generally stay outside wakeup range and poke them with a meaty soul steal, front up skull, or front down skull. Safe versus a lot of wakeup attacks and also jump ins. This is if they even get to use one that is since I play a primarily SS Shang.

What corner US whiff do you mean exactly? It's still a good pressure tool there, just throw an up skull and block, or crossup jump if they're not Kung Lao.

What corner US whiff do you mean exactly? It's still a good pressure tool there, just throw an up skull and block, or crossup jump if they're not Kung Lao.
shang lost like all his damaging US setups, except in the corner. 221, US whiffs, F434, df2 whiffs , 221 gs, mgs, US whiffs 221, df2 doesnt whiff but they have to techroll. f434 GS jk b1 b121 du2 is what ive been using in the corner. basically he only has standing resets after techrolls and like 3 or 4 in the corner, which (for me) makes shang have to work even harder. also its almost impossible to zone now, armor everything lmao

shang lost like all his damaging US setups, except in the corner. 221, US whiffs, F434, df2 whiffs , 221 gs, mgs, US whiffs 221, df2 doesnt whiff but they have to techroll. f434 GS jk b1 b121 du2 is what ive been using in the corner. basically he only has standing resets after techrolls and like 3 or 4 in the corner, which (for me) makes shang have to work even harder. also its almost impossible to zone now, armor everything lmao
Um, what? I'm in the process of recording a combo video and I'm positive all of Shang's skull combos work exactly the same, they didn't touch them during the patch. With wakeups, again you just have to guess right. Zoning is easier with the dash nerf.

Besides Shang is not a pure zoner, he relies on being able to get in their face and mix it up with frame traps as well, like Sub. Also you just plain need to learn to soul steal because it's one of the longest range and most match-altering safe pokes in the game.

Um, what? I'm in the process of recording a combo video and I'm positive all of Shang's skull combos work exactly the same, they didn't touch them during the patch. With wakeups, again you just have to guess right. Zoning is easier with the dash nerf.

Besides Shang is not a pure zoner, he relies on being able to get in their face and mix it up with frame traps as well, like Sub. Also you just plain need to learn to soul steal because it's one of the longest range and most match-altering safe pokes in the game.
go do 221 du2 in practice

the upskull whiffs, hello? thats all im talking about. i steal plenty of souls.

I thought you meant as a trap not as a combo.

Why would you want to upskull there?
err well it used to change them to a standing position and you could get a free jip and keep the pressure going. it was just a trick, but the wakeup change messed up a bunch of those setups. like a whole bunch.