What's new

New Slightly More Wall Carry BnB?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
What do you think about this? It just adds an elbow dash after the 321 xx Elbow Dash > NJP

It has more meter build and more wall carry, plus it knocks them in the direction that you're facing when you start the combo, so you don't have to reverse positions with them every time.

At first it seemed really hard to me, but now I think it's probably easier than my 2% higher damage BnB. At least in this one, you just do it as fast as you can.

I was working on

321 xx Elbow Dash > NJP > FFB > Dash Under 32 xx SFB > 321 ender

which is possible and gives you insaaaaane wall carry, but I think it's just too hard.

EDIT:

Also allows for a midscreen to wall combo:

EDIT EDIT:

Also you can use this same tech to reverse position in other combos:

The timing for this is way easier than in the normal BNB.

This is pretty slick chef! I might play with this a bit. I know its easier to reverse positions when a wall is in play, but mid screen this is great for reptile

EGP Wonder_Chef

This is pretty slick chef! I might play with this a bit. I know its easier to reverse positions when a wall is in play, but mid screen this is great for reptile
Yeah definitely if you have your back to the wall use the other, but a lot of the time even if your back is closer to the wall than your front, it seems like this will give you better positioning.

For reference:

Normal BnB puts them about 2 or 3 character spaces away from where they started (behind you)

New BnB puts them about an entire screen and a half away from where they started (in front of you)

so the difference is pretty big

Seapeople

This one's for you
I always thought this one was too tough to go for in a match. It's pretty cool though. I posted a couple of these a while ago that I think are a bit easier. The one that uses a fastball into a slowball keeps the gravity high enough to land the closest proximity reset, and can be good for unbreakable damage.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I always thought this one was too tough to go for in a match. It's pretty cool though. I posted a couple of these a while ago that I think are a bit easier. The one that uses a fastball into a slowball keeps the gravity high enough to land the closest proximity reset, and can be good for unbreakable damage.

Yeah I was messing with the first wall carry combo in that video, but it doesn't move them very far, so I wanted one that moved them further.

I really wanted to get that second one that I posted to work, it has soooooo much wall carry.

Yeah definitely if you have your back to the wall use the other, but a lot of the time even if your back is closer to the wall than your front, it seems like this will give you better positioning.

For reference:

Normal BnB puts them about 2 or 3 character spaces away from where they started (behind you)

New BnB puts them about an entire screen and a half away from where they started (in front of you)

so the difference is pretty big
*inserts obligatory "he needs it"*
But really this is gonna help a lot in those cases where the njp lands facing opposite of the wall while so close to it

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So .. say you do this... if they are IN the corner after the NJP dash.... can you do 321 FB? or are they just too low?

Basically ... is there anyway to add a bit more damage?

EGP Wonder_Chef

So .. say you do this... if they are IN the corner after the NJP dash.... can you do 321 FB? or are they just too low?

Basically ... is there anyway to add a bit more damage?
If would put them in the corner, it would do it after the first 321 xx Elbow Dash, and then you can just do a normal combo.

There IS a range though, where the initial 321 xx Elbow Dash doesn't QUITE put them in the corner, and then yeah you can do:

321 xx Elbow Dash > NJP > Elbow Dash > 32 xx FFB > 321 xx SFB > 4 xx Slide 43%

So that's pretty useful for that situation.

I'll try and record it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If would put them in the corner, it would do it after the first 321 xx Elbow Dash, and then you can just do a normal combo.

There IS a range though, where the initial 321 xx Elbow Dash doesn't QUITE put them in the corner, and then yeah you can do:

321 xx Elbow Dash > NJP > Elbow Dash > 32 xx FFB > 321 xx SFB > 4 xx Slide 43%

So that's pretty useful for that situation.

I'll try and record it.
that is sweet. Good find sir.
How hard is it to do really? Like... do you feel that the timing is consistent enough to be a bnb?

EGP Wonder_Chef

that is sweet. Good find sir.
How hard is it to do really? Like... do you feel that the timing is consistent enough to be a bnb?
oops! 40% not 43, must have done a jump in and didn't remember.

It's kinda hard, but I do believe it can be landed every time.

You just have to be very conscious of doing the Elbow Dash ASAP after you land from the NJP, and then do the 32 ASAP after that.

Seapeople

This one's for you
^To make that one easier you can just do 321~elbow dash, njp, 32~slowball, *regular dash under, 321~fastball, combo ender of choice

EGP Wonder_Chef

^To make that one easier you can just do 321~elbow dash, njp, 32~slowball, *regular dash under, 321~fastball, combo ender of choice
I actually find that one kind of harder to do, because you have to hit them so high after the 32 xx Forceball with the 321 xx Forceball.

Is there any reason you put Slow first there?

EGP Wonder_Chef

oooh you can also use this to reverse position in a lot of other combos like 122 xx Forceball or F2 xx Forceball:

The timing is way easier for this because there's one less juggle beforehand.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I actually find that one kind of harder to do, because you have to hit them so high after the 32 xx Forceball with the 321 xx Forceball.

Is there any reason you put Slow first there?
I normally exclude the slowball from my midscreen bnb so I'm used to hitting the 32~forceball as high as possible. It's all a matter of preference probably.
I put the slowball first in that combo because the fastball has a smaller chance to whiff because it hits them sooner after you reverse positions.

kronspik

Noob
I was wondering. Is there any setup that lets you do 2 dashes in a row and continue the juggle? That'd be so saucy.

Good stuff chef, I've known about this combo though, I saw it on a video somewhere, ill try to track it down. Nobody ever shed much light on it tho so thank you.