What's new

New sektor tech - safe overhead combo in corner, no meter

u3 4 can be juggled in the corner without TU* , heres the combo u3 4 d1 12 122~uprocket, flame for about 20% on hit you can confirm it and d1 into the 12 string into the corner combo, resulting in a safe overhead without using ex tu and leaving your opponent in the corner. Its tough at first but ill take that over a 40% combo punish on a 50/50 guess.

*the reason i say without TU is because if your opponent blocks your u3 4 overhead you cant confirm it was hit and you would have to commit to the following TU for damage thus making it not safe.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Good stuff, I was just thinking about possible overhead corner combos earlier, I'm off to practice this.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Just spent some time in the lab.

Can anyone tell me why TU is a bad idea in corner combos? I'm able to reliably use TU, dash under, and 122Uprocket for a corner reset.

Examples:

b34TU->dash under->122UR
u34TU->dash under->122UR
u334TU->dash under->122UR
You can add another 12 in there to trade for more frames.

Both of these are higher damaging than the alternatives, the u34 is easier to pull off, and you can poke them pretty high out of the air after the dash under, so you have a smaller window of options for the opponent.

there could be something im missing entirely, if so, can someone explain?

Just spent some time in the lab.

Can anyone tell me why TU is a bad idea in corner combos? I'm able to reliably use TU, dash under, and 122Uprocket for a corner reset.

Examples:

b34TU->dash under->122UR
u34TU->dash under->122UR
u334TU->dash under->122UR
You can add another 12 in there to trade for more frames.

Both of these are higher damaging than the alternatives, the u34 is easier to pull off, and you can poke them pretty high out of the air after the dash under, so you have a smaller window of options for the opponent.

there could be something im missing entirely, if so, can someone explain?
im not trying to be rude but this isnt a corner combos thread. most of sektors corner combos are posted in another thread. This is simply a safe way to combo off of his overhead in the corner. His u3 4 isn't hit confirmable so if you use the u3 4 overhead you have to commit to a TU if you want a combo, if they block that you get severly punished. To make the overhead safe you use u3 4 extu, but that wastes a bar of meter that could be used for a breaker etc. So the combo i posted is simply a safe way to combo off of his overhead in the corner without using meter.

Understand ? lol

a good player wont let sektor use his low starter on them anywhere on the screen and dare him to go into his stance since it has slow start up, the stance can throw them off after you've conditioned them to block low and have them locked down in the corner.

so in a nutshell, his u3 4 was previously deemed almost useless sense its not safe to combo into if they block it. This gives it a little more use.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
im not trying to be rude but this isnt a corner combos thread. most of sektors corner combos are posted in another thread. This is simply a safe way to combo off of his overhead in the corner. His u3 4 isn't hit confirmable so if you use the u3 4 overhead you have to commit to a TU if you want a combo, if they block that you get severly punished. To make the overhead safe you use u3 4 extu, but that wastes a bar of meter that could be used for a breaker etc. So the combo i posted is simply a safe way to combo off of his overhead in the corner without using meter.

Understand ? lol

a good player wont let sektor use his low starter on them anywhere on the screen and dare him to go into his stance since it has slow start up, the stance can throw them off after you've conditioned them to block low and have them locked down in the corner.

so in a nutshell, his u3 4 was previously deemed almost useless sense its not safe to combo into if they block it. This gives it a little more use.
unfortunately a good player will never be hit by the overhead either, if he does his stance there is no reason to not block high for the potential overhead thats coming, not to mention all wakeup attacks will beat it.

the U3 is ok but i think it's pretty useless in the long run.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
u3 is generally a bad idea, the moment you see him lift his leg you have like, a million years to react.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
To both Ketchup and Mustard, Did you know you can do his low from his overhead? I personally dont use this tactic but I heard Sektroll does, and he gets a lot of good players falling for it

Crathen

Death is my business
As said before , u3 is way too slow to use without great frame advantage ( blocked jump in punch or blocked upmissile ) , because of that u3 in open field and even in corner upmissile traps is risky since you first need frame advantage AND you need to commit inputting u3 -> 4 or 34 so it's good throwing it out 1 time in a match ( and if you REALLY need a comeback ) but this doesn't really make Sektors mixup game better because it's situational and unreliable most of the times.

Not saying this isn't useful tho.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
To both Ketchup and Mustard, Did you know you can do his low from his overhead? I personally dont use this tactic but I heard Sektroll does, and he gets a lot of good players falling for it
d1 beats it, everytime.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
just to let you know you can do his u3 4 from a jump in punch purely for style points i suppose .. it counts a s a kombo

Robotic

Gentleman.
Because his throw is so Fuckin awesome, keeps perfect outside distance for torch to still hit AND can quick dash to b34 after the throw (or another throw), I don't personally use U34 as a threat to counter-balance the b34 threat - I just throw the shit outta them. Crouch with no block will not save you from b34, so this is a true mixup to me. To each his own, good contribution, SektorCyrax.

to all those talking about whether to not to use the over head.. well that isnt the discussion at all. all im showing you guys is a way to make the overhead safe without meter in the corner IF you decide to use the overhead. Thanks :)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
the overhead mixup isn't useless at all as long as you don't abuse it.

oh and one note worthy thing about sektors u3 4 overhead. it CAN hit or jump over any slides on wake up or otherwise into a full combo. AND it can hop over low projectiles such as jades low boomarang and kabals buzzsaw. Tonight i have been testing which wake ups the u3 4 beat and so far ive tested it on kabal..and it beats his dash, buzzsaw and command grab on wake up. It also beats sub zeros slide, reptile and cyber subs slides also.

ive actually hit a few sub zeros out of there slides with it into a full combo as i anticipated the slide..this is good knowledge to know..especially since thats his only viable wake up in the corner when your on top of him and he cant ice clone. This is after he's been trapped in the corner and you've launched an upmissle for a possible reset. He'll be afraid of your low starter after the upmissle in the corner (just giving you guys an idea of possible usefulness) so he'll try to wake up slide then BAM you jump over it while kicking him. awesome. You can always cancel it into throw or do u3 3 4 for his low if you think they suspect the overhead is coming (most likely they will when they see the leg lift) and thats where sektors 50/50 mind game comes into play (as aforementioned above). It has its best use after an upmissle is on the screen and is where its true usefulness comes from. dont be throwing the u3 after dashes..only JiP's and the situations ive previously stated. and since sektor is airborne (hences jumping over low projectiles) while doing u3 4 he'll be placed in an airborne juggle state forcing the opponent to react to an air combo for any decent damage (should they jump over you and hit you out of it)

You can also do a flamethrower after the u3 4 in the corner for a safe 15% damage (i think the damage is right)

in summary..
Do not dismiss the leg lift as garbage.. i have caught many good players by it and it can open up players when used very sparingly. All i want to achieve in this thread is making the overhead more safe by adding a d1 instead of the risky TU IF you decide to use it in sektors corner game. Even if you dont use his overhead, this is still great knowledge for any sektor player to have.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Anybody trying to help me up my game by contributing tidbits of info I may not have known is getting a thumbs up from me. I try to send knowledge back when I can.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
unfortunately a good player will never be hit by the overhead either, if he does his stance there is no reason to not block high for the potential overhead thats coming, not to mention all wakeup attacks will beat it.

the U3 is ok but i think it's pretty useless in the long run.
Why is no one even mentioning U3 3 4? You guys say no good player will be hit by the overhead because there is no reason to not block high. I'll give you a reason. He can just as easily go into a hit-confirmable low starter. Go into U3 to make them think the overhead is coming and then hit them with the low. It's called a 50/50. Maybe you've heard of it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Good shit. The fact that the overhead into TU is such a gamble has always bugged me. The stance itself is so terrible that the only time one can use it is after a blocked jump in punch. Otherwize any smart player will just d1 or d3 you as soon as they see the leg lift up. They don't even have to guess!

However if anything will let you pull a stance off without a jip, it would be during corner pressure.

Oh, and lastly, flamethrower up close, after the overhead, on block is punishable by full combo for most of the cast. Since you can't confirm the overhead hit before you input flame, I wouldn't recommend it. After a throw the flamethrower is safe on block against everyone but Reptile (possibly Cage).

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
the main use of stance is after a jump punch, blocked or hit, and on wakeup, so landing a d1 or d3 isn't as easy at it seems.

if you really wanna be a bitch, you can do stance to LOL xray if you anticipate them attacking you

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
the main use of stance is after a jump punch, blocked or hit, and on wakeup, so landing a d1 or d3 isn't as easy at it seems.

if you really wanna be a bitch, you can do stance to LOL xray if you anticipate them attacking you
HAHA, as fucking epic as that would be, talk about risking your meter!

On a blocked jip, they can not poke you out of your stance - allowing a true 50/50.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
its worked for me a few times, but when it did.... it felt so good