What's new

New Sega Saturn PC Controller

portent

Noob
@portent @C-Sword @pastuh

So the pad is now usable via the Brook PS3 to PS4 converter update.

Everything is great excluding one thing...currently, at least with the black Saturn pad, the input for L3 does not function properly currently. We may see an update really soon to fix this.

Otherwise, the controller works very well with MK11. There is a slight relearning process if you are used to 4 shoulder buttons, and the controller's layout uses Z and C as R1 and R2 respectively, while L and R are for L1 and L2.
This is excellent news. Is there a home button?

pastuh

Noob
I purchased retro-bit 8buttons sega controller :)
Looks and feels amazing (I have sega original controller to compare)
Also shoulder buttons feels/clicks like it should (saturn controllers dont have such feeling)

C-Sword

Noob
I ordered a Nacon Wired Compact controller, not sure when I'll get it, I know that their Pro controllers are mediocre, but I've heard a lot of good things about this one. As much as I like the Saturn style controllers, I don't like using them for NRS games.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So after a couple weeks on the Saturn controller, I've gone back to the M30.

Unfortunately, the short triggers are AWFUL as fighting game buttons. D-pad also doesn't feel as precise as the M30. NBD, I just hope Brook adds some functionality to the converter for it, like turning one of the buttons into a shift button like with the Saturn controller.

C-Sword

Noob
So after a couple weeks on the Saturn controller, I've gone back to the M30.

Unfortunately, the short triggers are AWFUL as fighting game buttons. D-pad also doesn't feel as precise as the M30. NBD, I just hope Brook adds some functionality to the converter for it, like turning one of the buttons into a shift button like with the Saturn controller.
Just want to let you know that the wired SN30 Pro works on a PS4 using a Brook Xbox 360 to PS4 adapter. The controller is recognized as a 360 controller for some reasons. Can't wait until 8bitdo releases the Pro+ controllers.

C-Sword

Noob
The 8bitdo controllers with the Playstation style handles are now available for pre-order on Amazon. August 7th is the release date.

If they made one for the M30, it'd be the greatest pad ever

portent

Noob
The 8bitdo controllers with the Playstation style handles are now available for pre-order on Amazon. August 7th is the release date.

If they made one for the M30, it'd be the greatest pad ever
So any word if the SN30 Pro+ is recognized using the brook converter?

C-Sword

Noob
So any word if the SN30 Pro+ is recognized using the brook converter?
Yes, it works with the Brook Xbox 360/Xbox one to PS4 adapter, the green one. Honestly, it's not that much better than the DS4 for MK11. I do prefer using the SN 30 Pro Plus for other fighting games.

Last edited:
does the wired version 2 saturn pad not work with the ps3 ps4 converter ? i could not get it to fully function...i wouldn’t mind the m30 can you get it to
work wired with an adapter or just wireless with the wii/switch/ps4 to ps4 converter?