What's new

new reptile overhead bnb found!

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Standard BnBs
1,2,2,fast forceball,NJP,3,2slow forceball,3,2,1,slide = 34%
3,2,1,whiffed elbow dash,NJP,3,2,fast forceball,slow forceball,3,2,1,slide = 37%

2,f3,1+2 and f3,1+2 BnBs
1,2,2,fast forceball,NJP,3,2slow forceball,2,f3,1+2 = 33% even though it says 31% because even if they block you still get 2% chip damage.

For the 3,2,1 version you have to use f3,1+2 instead of 2,f3,1+2 because the 2 wont link in..

3,2,1,whiffed elbow dash,NJP,3,2,fast forceball,slow forceball,f3,1+2 = 35% even though it says 33% because chip damage gives you that extra 2% again.

Sorry to thread hijack, lol, just trying to figure out Reptiles game. If you happen to find that thread please post the link, I would like to read it! For now, doesnt the 2,f3,1+2 and f3,1+2 BnBs seem like the best bet since you can instantly continue pressure and possibly do even greater damage if the last overhead hit isnt blocked?
Found the thread, it wasn't too long ago either. http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?10214-New-Reptile-Resets

I read through the last few pages of it and it looks like, although the 1+2 is a cool mixup that, if blocked will allow you to continue pressure, it is not generally practical because smart players will just take it. It's a good gimmick though, do whatever you want. Personally, I'm gonna try using it more often to see if it works for me.

Thanks man. It was a good read, however those wall'o'texts explaining it is something to be feared, lol, sorry teef.

What I dont get is why they say its bad pressure since most of the thread is something along the lines of "Why would you block it?" if they dont block it, it gives you 7% damage AND allows you to elbow dash literally right next to them without fear of catching a block, as far as I know no other strings allow this?

hey guys, my power had went out for all of yesterday therefor i couldnt respond to you guys

and no this combo isnt a meter or corner combo

you can do this meterless midscreen

there is a bug where reptile thinks hes ont he otherside with your np and dash under the opponent, they should flip directly up in the air resulting in you to connect 32 ffb 321slide i dont have a video recorder so i can show you guys,but its possible! its just a little impractical and tricky to time.

hey guys, vid coming soon, i got it recorded in training mode and can get it out at least 50% of the time..Video coming soon..

:)

so theres the video proof showing you guys that i am not crazy :)

sorry for the shitty quality :/ i have a shitty webcam and a shitty tv resulting in a potato recording the groudbreaking reptile combo XD

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Eh...it's way too strict of a combo. Like, when it comes to getting f2b1, you have to not only get a low NJP height, but you also have to time the f2b1 properly, otherwise you'll end up either having to do f2f1 or f2b1.

It's not consistent enough and wouldn't be something I'd want to learn with Reptile. It adds 2% for a good deal more work.

Eh...it's way too strict of a combo. Like, when it comes to getting f2b1, you have to not only get a low NJP height, but you also have to time the f2b1 properly, otherwise you'll end up either having to do f2f1 or f2b1.

It's not consistent enough and wouldn't be something I'd want to learn with Reptile. It adds 2% for a good deal more work.
yeah but its still cool i guess. im always with the lab trying to find new stuff with reptile and sektor and found 2 unique, very strict combos that are meterless for both. Im gonna tackle a few more chars today. i was being sarcastic when i said groundbreaking combo too lol but hey, if us reptile players can land the elbowdash whiff NP consistently then this shouldnt be too hard to time right, i can get it like 75% now but i wont use it in a match until i kno exactly how to do it.

would be awesome to see you defeat someone at a tourney using the combo though lol.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah this is something that looked differently in my head? lol nice find, but I'll stick with what I have.

updated with new video and got it up to 40%

worth a shot to try out, maybe not make it your bnb but its cool to know that his overhead can cause as much damage as the 321 elbowdash whiff combo :)

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Eh...it's way too strict of a combo.

Exactly, if the timing is strict, and it demands a great deal of work to execute, then it is not classed as a ''Bread and Butter'' for me.

Exactly, if the timing is strict, and it demands a great deal of work to execute, then it is not classed as a ''Bread and Butter'' for

me.
yeah i mistitled the thread, i was excited when i found it then after executing it several times the inconsistency made it only worthy for a cool combo video with slayer in the background :/ ..new idea! impossible midscreen combos for all characters.. ive got sektor and reptile down.. i just need to find more meterless midscreen combos for every char that have very strict timing to land and mash it altogether in an awesome combo vid (hoping itll make the front page :))