What's new

new reptile overhead bnb found!

new reptile overhead bnb found! (with video!)

J/p 122~ffb NP dash f2b1 32~sfb 321~slide = 40%

as opposed to J/p 122~sfb NP 32 ffb 321~slide = 37%

this is reptiles highest damaging no meter midscreen combo off of his overhead

you have to dash right after the NP so when you do f2b1 they pop up right above you and fling straight up, then the rest is easy :)

ive been in the lab with reptile and sektor both as of late and finding great stuff..

sorry for the shit video, its all i have to record right now. *updated and got it up to 40% by using a ffb first.

and for the record, by dash you mean Elbow Dash and not regular dash?

Not trying to be a dick but you had me going for a minute when I first tried it. I was like "How the **** did this guy pull this sh** off?" lmao

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I thought that a fast force ball was better put infront because it scaled better with the slow one last? But aside from that nice find.

Is there a tricks to landing the underlined part or is it just a thing that comes in practicing it?

J/p 122~sfb NP dash f2b1 32~ffb 321~slide

Id just like to add this combo I just found (probably exist somewhere already, I just started officially maining Reptile a few days ago)..

1,2,2,Fast Forceball,NJP,3,2,Slow Forceball,2,f3,1+2 = 31%. If you add in a JIP it is 34%

HOWEVER.. What you may notice, is that when you do either version, 1 hit of the combo isnt registering, although, as far as I can tell, all of this is unblockable once the combo actually starts. So is this a glitch.. is the move blockable and thus isnt counted.. what?

1. If you decide to dash instantly after the combo is complete you will end up on the opposite side of your opponent in d1 range.
2. If you decide to Slow Forceball,Elbow Dash you will end up up front within d1 range without your Elbow Dash being blocked.
3. If the combo is actually all unblockable and the hit just isnt registering, I believe the combo actually does..

38% standard
41% with a JIP.

Can anyone confirm/deny/let me know if this is some dumb old shenanigan that no longer works or something? lol

I guess I should have tested this out more.. or maybe NRS make a decent training mode? (note: this testing was done by holding the damn second controller block button with my toe, lmao)

1. If an actual opponent stands block it wont come out, if this happens though, you could throw out a slide since they are blocking high or whatever you want.
2. If the opponent crouch blocks they will get hit by the combo and you can go into whatever you want.
3. If the last hit does get blocked it does 2%.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
If you have already started a combo I don't see the point of this combo. If they block then that is a different story.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is weird. The 32 never connects after the f2b1. Like...never. Can you post a vid showing this? Otherwise I'll just stick with the normal BnB.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Isn't Reptile's f2b1 only comboable if done into a wall? I can't see this as possible either, midscreen at least. On the wall it actually may be legit, maybe that's what it is supposed to be?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Isn't Reptile's f2b1 only comboable if done into a wall? I can't see this as possible either, midscreen at least. On the wall it actually may be legit, maybe that's what it is supposed to be?
It can be done midscreen but you have to use meter.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I see what you mean, but what I am talking about is landing a 3,2 after a f2b1. I'm just wondering if it is possible to juggle like the combo says it can.
Not that i knnow of I'll test it out. I'll let you know if the extra 2% is worth the extra effort lol. (Not to put down sektorcyrax in any way, either way its a nice find.)

JHCrane.. Haha, you live like an hour or two away I believe, Jensen is past Ft Pierce, right? We got three people (including me) that live in Vero/Sebastian that get together like once or twice a month.

I see no one has commented on my findings, you guys gotta help a fellow elbow dasher out. Any merit to it at all or what?

Migaluch

Double Dasher
I guess I should have tested this out more.. or maybe NRS make a decent training mode? (note: this testing was done by holding the damn second controller block button with my toe, lmao)

1. If an actual opponent stands block it wont come out, if this happens though, you could throw out a slide since they are blocking high or whatever you want.
2. If the opponent crouch blocks they will get hit by the combo and you can go into whatever you want.
3. If the last hit does get blocked it does 2%.
In a standard bnb forceball juggling combo, when using f3, 1+2, the 1+2 flipping attack does not register as part of the combo and the f3 simply is the end of the combo. Basically, using f3, 1+2 creates a reset, and if the opponent blocks the 1+2 after the combo ends, you are free to throw and continue pressure.

This is just from what I read from another thread, and by no means am I an expert on it. But yeah to answer your question the f3 kick ends whatever combo youre in and thats why it seems like the 1+2 flip doesnt register.

Im a little bad at explaining things but I hope this helps. I'm gonna look for that thread.

Standard BnBs
1,2,2,fast forceball,NJP,3,2slow forceball,3,2,1,slide = 34%
3,2,1,whiffed elbow dash,NJP,3,2,fast forceball,slow forceball,3,2,1,slide = 37%

2,f3,1+2 and f3,1+2 BnBs
1,2,2,fast forceball,NJP,3,2slow forceball,2,f3,1+2 = 33% even though it says 31% because even if they block you still get 2% chip damage.

For the 3,2,1 version you have to use f3,1+2 instead of 2,f3,1+2 because the 2 wont link in..

3,2,1,whiffed elbow dash,NJP,3,2,fast forceball,slow forceball,f3,1+2 = 35% even though it says 33% because chip damage gives you that extra 2% again.

Sorry to thread hijack, lol, just trying to figure out Reptiles game. If you happen to find that thread please post the link, I would like to read it! For now, doesnt the 2,f3,1+2 and f3,1+2 BnBs seem like the best bet since you can instantly continue pressure and possibly do even greater damage if the last overhead hit isnt blocked?