What's new

Tech New Reptile Grapple Tech!

After a forward throw Reptile can f2 or b1 if the opponent is holding down+block and it will stand them up.

OTG OPTIONS
F2 :
  • check the down block with f2b1 for a launch
  • gamble 1 bar for ex acid hand launch into full combo
  • pressure with f2 ex dash
  • make f2 safe by canceling into invisibility (it's -12 alone)
  • spend 1 bar to get the S tier option; become safe and with adv on block or launch into full combo with f2 exfb on hit (this can catch a jump)
B1 :
  • pulls them right in your face and puts you both at neutral
MIND GAME
Reptile is spaced just inside dash distance and is at +7 off the forward throw, making f2 and b1 both 8 frames. You can bait a wake up, react to a jump, back off and zone and of course dash right away to reverse a wake up and be on the other side of your opponent for pressure or yet another forward throw.

TESTING
During most of my testing my opponents would hold down block or try to jump out. Try it yourself and see how you find it. The f2 can catch a jump but my testing so far has been unreliable regarding the jump out option and I do not own an ASUS monitor so my inputs may have been delayed. The f2 exfb option caught jump attempts fairly often but without an ASUS monitor it's difficult to know whether or not I input the f2 late or if a jump out is a legit escape. I would mash f2 and my testing buddy would hold up+back and sometimes I would clip them and sometimes I would not. Regardless, the OTG properties apply to an idle opponent holding down+block.

Enjoy!

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This honestly seems really good with meter, but I think f2b1 is punishable on block, right?

Seapeople

This one's for you
The f2 should catch them before they even get off the ground if you time it right. This has been discussed before but it's still good.

It gets a lot better in the corner. In the corner you can end combos with a njp splat for about 5% less damage and from that point you'll be able to OTG with (12)2 which is overhead, (12)b1 which is low, or (12) and then bait a wakeup.

Isn't this just an OTG?

After f2 why not just acid hand if they block & forceball on hit? Worst case scenario your -4 but still safe.

I like using this after a landed dash and the opponent stays grounded.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Isn't this just an OTG?

After f2 why not just acid hand if they block & forceball on hit? Worst case scenario your -4 but still safe.

I like using this after a landed dash and the opponent stays grounded.
Because if they jump out the acid hand will wiff and you're free to pretty much any wake up attack.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
It's possible to jump over a F2~acid hand?
I'm saying if they were to jump as their wake up and F2 would connect with them in the air, they'd hit the ground before the acid hand could connect so they could wake up while you're still recovering. But again thats only if your timing is slightly off, if you time the f2 perfect they won't be able to jump anyway.

I'm saying if they were to jump as their wake up and F2 would connect with them in the air, they'd hit the ground before the acid hand could connect so they could wake up while you're still recovering. But again thats only if your timing is slightly off, if you time the f2 perfect they won't be able to jump anyway.
The setup I use involves the ex slow fb. If they jump they're boned lol