What's new

Applying the Vulcan Touch to Reptile

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Well ladies and gentlemen after Vulcans incredible post with Stryker and pretty much adding another dimension to this game I decided to hit the lab once again. NO I don't have videos at the moment and I probably won't so deal with it lol

Reptiles forward grab just got beefy :)

This is character specific so let me use 1 example. Lets start with the armored king Jax. If he tries to do any wakeup after Reptiles forward grab you do f2 into EX slide. You win. Now if you know Jax is doing his dash punch for some reason f2 whiffs for Jax but it hits for you leaving the option to do any cancel you'd like. forceball, EN forceball, XRAY, acid hand, whatever you dig.

Now whats even weirder about f2 after the grab is unless its a FAW (fast advancing wakeup) F2 actually stuffs some wake up attacks before they can generate. Leaving you the ability to cancel into anything you'd like whether it be an armored move (xray or slide) or remember acid hand has projectile armor (heres looking at you kabal and sindel :))

Now if your opponent does have a FAW here comes D4 after grab. If you're feeling a wake attack like say again Jax dash punch d4 actually pops him up so you can link into xray or forceball for full combo. Nightwolf gets stuffed but nothing links so don't go blowing your xray on him. JC can get xrayed due to the recovery frames. So this setup is very very character specific and you must know you're opponent.

Oh and if you think your opponent is just going to jump out (remember I hate jumpers lol) f2 into EN forceball for full combo.

Now hit the lab my Reptilian brethren! Explore a whole new world of untechable mind fuck shenanigans !

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I love using d4 to stuff wake up hahaha, it's so fucking meaty. Idk how many times I stuff mileena's telekick wake-ups with d4 invisibility. I will be checking out this stuff after a throw.