What's new

Tech New Raiden tech?

First of, forgive me if this is either A) Old or B) Not viable
I was looking into raiden's frame data and saw something that caught my eye, the f2,3 string has a cancel advantage of +26, essentially making teleport completely unpunishable off of it. One set up I see a lot of raidens use is EN teleport into cross over punch or b3,1,2. One of raiden's biggest flaws is his lack of speed, so this "tech" is more of an option off of EN teleport, f2,3 into regular tele. This would be 3 side changes and a lot of movement for the opponent to keep up with, and can also be done after the cross over jump punch for a mind screw.
Thanks for reading, and again, sorry if this is known or useless, just figured this section is a little dead so giving this it's own thread wouldn't be a travesty :p

4x4lo8o

Noob
This could work. Your math is right, f23~tele is negative 3, so it's safe at least. It depends a lot on how your opponent reacts. I use crossover jip 1212~teleport all the time, which is similar. Some opponents do sort of freeze up or hit random buttons when you're crossing over and teleporting a ton and they can't keep up. On the other hand you are at -3 so if your opponent knows the frame data and reacts quickly they get pressure. It's definitely something worth messing around with. I imagine after something like ex-tele, crossover, f23~teleport, when you've been on both sides of the opponent 2 different times in less than a second, it wouldn't be uncommon for the opponent to mash buttons or flip an input or something while trying to punish a teleport giving you a chance to whiff punish or whatever.
I'm not sure if it's new, I'm pretty sure I've seen B W1zz use f23~teleport after an enhanced teleport, but it's probably at least semi-viable and isn't something that's used or talked about much. I might try it out at Dallas

Awesome :D
After some messing around i found its actually hit confirmable into superman, it's only 16% but it's some nice corner carry, Throw might be more useful though. I'll be watching the Dallas stream, and I'll be at a tourney Sunday in Mass, do ima give it a go. Good luck in Dallas :D

4x4lo8o

Noob
I do not think f23 is actually hit confirmable into superman. I'm almost certain they can block that. Be careful if you try that in a real match

LaR

Noob
The set up i use from f23 is f23 vicinity blast (this only jails if the f2 is blocked standing unfortunatly ) after this is blocked you get pushback that causes most d1's to wiff which you can easily punish with f24 and b3 or you could tele or crossover. You can use f23 tele to bait a poke and try make it wiff by backdashing. Also f23 ex shocker combos aswell as superman. In the corner you can get f23 vb to combo aswell but not really worth doing obviously when you have f24.

I do not think f23 is actually hit confirmable into superman. I'm almost certain they can block that. Be careful if you try that in a real match
You sure? I was doing it on expert ladder, if f2 hit I'd mash out superman and it would combo, if it was blocked i tele'd, but I might have just been guessing and getting lucky.

Lulzlou

Noob
f23 is hit confirmable.
You can do F23-ex shocker into a 3oish% combo. I forgot the combo sadly.
I actually know a lot about Raiden.

D4~tele on hit leaves Raiden at +3, -3 on block also. The sad part about it is that d4 has a 15 frame start up.

4x4lo8o

Noob
F23 is hit confirmable into ex~shocker, but not superman(i think, I'm on the road to Dallas and can't test it now, but I'm pretty certain). When you cancel stuff into superman it has this weird property where they block, even if they're launched. 334~superman is blockable on hit, for example. It doesn't make sense, but that's how it is. The AI is dumb and won't block it, but a human holding block will.

You can hit confirm into ex~shocker, then do f2~vb, 334 superman or some variant for about 32%

Edit: Nevermind. B W1zz says I'm wrong and superman is hit confirmable and cannot be blocked. I definitely still recommend learning the ex~shocker combo though, it's much better damage.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Thanks in large part to you guys help, I can comfortably say I'll be using this a bit on Sunday.
@Bw1zz any thoughts?
I'm in a car with B W1zz right now. He corrected me about the superman thing, you can hit confirm it like you thought and it's not blockable. He says he uses f23~teleport a lot, he seems unimpressed with your new tech

Tourneys Saturday brew
Thanks for the save, though it was Sunday this whole time xD
I'm in a car with B W1zz right now. He corrected me about the superman thing, you can hit confirm it like you thought and it's not blockable. He says he uses f23~teleport a lot, he seems unimpressed with your new tech
I mean this in the least obnoxious way possible, but I wasn't seeking approval so much as advice. I mean that in the sense that I respect his opinion very much, I was just curious if he had any sort of information regarding it that hasn't been shared already.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I mean this in the least obnoxious way possible, but I wasn't seeking approval so much as advice. I mean that in the sense that I respect his opinion very much, I was just curious if he had any sort of information regarding it that hasn't been shared already.
Haha, B W1zz sort of rolled his eyes and said something about how anytime people post about tech it's not new. B Wizz is just a salty old thunder god who expects everyone to know everything he knows and got his hopes up when he saw your thread that it would be revolutionary tech that would help him with Sonya. Most of us are just happy people are posting. I think any discussion of the character is good

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I've posted about this a million times. There's a few different strings that leave you at -3 if you teleport off of it. It's safe, but pretty much gives them guaranteed pressure.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
f23 is hit confirmable.
You can do F23-ex shocker into a 3oish% combo. I forgot the combo sadly.
I actually know a lot about Raiden.

D4~tele on hit leaves Raiden at +3, -3 on block also. The sad part about it is that d4 has a 15 frame start up.
Why would you D4 into teleport when D4 is really positive itself on hit? I believe you get a blockstring at the least after a hit D4.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Sure. Can't just do the same thing every single time though or you get predictable. It's just something to throw in there if you think the situation arises.