What's new

Question - Venomous New player, haven't seen this combo used

weet

Noob
Hi so I'm a newer player (new to FGC in general, smash background) and I've been testing out D'vorah a lot lately. The other day I was doing a really easy combo on my friend that I haven't seen in any D'vorah vods yet, so I was wondering if anyone has seen it, used it, if it's any good (if it's used or bad or whatever please tell me so I can understand why)

F34, F4F4, Ovipositor.

I was able to do F34, F4F4, F4F4, Ovipositor the other day but I haven't been able to land it today for some reason.

The first variation is 24% + 1.5% poison for 25.5%. It starts with a 16 frame overhead (not sure if that's fast/slow in this game) and seems easy to pull off.

Not sure about the 2nd variations damage since I haven't been able to do it today.

Also you cannot EX the Ovipositor, it will only hit your opponent while on the ground (or so I've tested, I might just suck)

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
in venomous your better off ending with the bug blast for a standing reset for more pressure. the main bnb i use is 212 ex db1 f34 f44 df1. also 16 frames is ok but not good enough to use as a punish and f3 range is not nearly as good as d4 or f22

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
venomous doesn't really need to do combos outside of a punish. shes more about pressure. bug blast gives you enough advantage on hit to do another f2 for an overhead or d4 for a low. her other variations (especially swarm queen) have really good meterless damage if that's what your looking for.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Thank you bacon! Do you have a bnb that isn't meter by the way?
F34 1 f44 df1 gives you the restand for meterless. You can also do 212 puddle d4 ovipositor to get more venom stacks. If you do f112 and it hits you can end in ovi for venom damage. For her fastest punisher you can do 11b2 run f44 df1.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Hi so I'm a newer player (new to FGC in general, smash background) and I've been testing out D'vorah a lot lately. The other day I was doing a really easy combo on my friend that I haven't seen in any D'vorah vods yet, so I was wondering if anyone has seen it, used it, if it's any good (if it's used or bad or whatever please tell me so I can understand why)

F34, F4F4, Ovipositor.

I was able to do F34, F4F4, F4F4, Ovipositor the other day but I haven't been able to land it today for some reason.

The first variation is 24% + 1.5% poison for 25.5%. It starts with a 16 frame overhead (not sure if that's fast/slow in this game) and seems easy to pull off.

Not sure about the 2nd variations damage since I haven't been able to do it today.

Also you cannot EX the Ovipositor, it will only hit your opponent while on the ground (or so I've tested, I might just suck)
I suggest going on youtube and finding blind ducky play as venemous d'vorah. That's a good video guide to help ya out. And as for the combo here is a better one: F34, f44, f112 ovi. Much easier to pull off and still gets you a solid 30% + venom.

I suggest going on youtube and finding blind ducky play as venemous d'vorah. That's a good video guide to help ya out. And as for the combo here is a better one: F34, f44, f112 ovi. Much easier to pull off and still gets you a solid 30% + venom.
If you want to convert off of f34 for most damage possible, you should do

f34, d3, f34, d3, d4xxdb4

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
if you want most meterless off her 212 you can do 212xxpuddle f22xxrush sorry I don't reember the damage off hand. I'll look it up in the morning and edit it in. It's a bit hard to learn but totally viable, just a bit of time in training mode.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
in venomous your better off ending with the bug blast for a standing reset for more pressure. the main bnb i use is 212 ex db1 f34 f44 df1. also 16 frames is ok but not good enough to use as a punish and f3 range is not nearly as good as d4 or f22
How the hell are you hitting that. Ive tried for like 30 mins and the f44 never connects. And IIRC F44 never connects after 212 vortex/puddle njp f34...

Edit: I tried adding njp in there, that was my problem haha. You should just do 212 EX db1 njp F44 df1. Much easier and does the same damage.

Last edited: