What's new

New OG 1995 movie voice lines found

What do you mean only, what more do you want? Skins is faces as well...Kitana is not confirmed yet, but Sonya is coming so you'll get your wish for Bridgitte.
hmm maybe they are just skins (clothes), but it will still be regular Sonya face, not Bridgitte. Hoping for Kitana as well

Thethiny to the rescue, they are 100% coming. The files got updated with audio for apparently 5 characters, but only 3 are getting a skin...Johnny, Raiden, Kitana, Sonya & Rain. To me the voice for Rain is really odd and he's definitely not getting a skin, but who's the other? Might be no skin for Sonya due to Ronda I feel.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
If they are already on the Steam database, that means they're coming soon.

Weird that they chose not to release them alongside Ultimate to give the package look like an even better deal.

Gaxkang

Banned
Thethiny to the rescue, they are 100% coming. The files got updated with audio for apparently 5 characters, but only 3 are getting a skin...Johnny, Raiden, Kitana, Sonya & Rain. To me the voice for Rain is really odd and he's definitely not getting a skin, but who's the other? Might be no skin for Sonya due to Ronda I feel.

Probably Raiden, Johnny, and Kitana.

Rain...didn't he have just a small role in the second movie before being killed off? :p

Surprised no Liu Kang skin and voice tho....

If they are already on the Steam database, that means they're coming soon.

Weird that they chose not to release them alongside Ultimate to give the package look like an even better deal.
Exactly, but those skin packs sold by themselves including a Lambert announcer could easily go for 9.99 and sell like hot cakes. I'd say a christmas or new years release makes sense. Maybe Ultimate / KP2 owners get it sooner or a discount.

Art Lean

Noob
Really really stupidly looking forward to this, I’ll never use another Sonya skin in the game again (unless the sound is off). It’s like if Dimitri Vegas had been the default voice for Sub Zero and they were now finally teasing us with Steve Blum as DLC :D

I can’t understand why they’re giving Rain an MKA skin (if it’s true), those rubber MKA ninja outfits were utterly hideous, surely MK95 movie skins/masks for Scorps and Subz would have made far more sense? But guess they want to promote Rain harder with something? And I’m sure the actor’s cheap. Rain looked better in Conquest though, although the mask was oversized.

But I’d have vastly preferred an MKA Mileena or Jade skin if given the choice over Rain, especially given Dana Hee’s (Mileena, Siann) history with the franchise (MK95, MKA, MKC and MKFOMA).

Actually, yes, also please give us Jade’s ‘Land That Time Forgot’ cavegirl outfit from MKA... NOW! ;)

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Dude if Raiden actually gets Christopher Lambert voice acting and I get to play as the dude in my avatar I’m gonna lose my mind.
From what I’ve heard so far from the leaked recordings, there’s two sad downsides to Lambert’s voice lines.

1) The poor chap sounds like he’s been gargling razor blades for years and his once inimitable voice sounds a pale imitation of what it once was.

2) The game’s stock Rayden dialogue that all he can do is re-record is so stoic and lifeless it’s devoid of any of the quirky and playful sarcasm the movie version had. It needs some classic Lambert laughs and apocalyptic puns to feel like a true recreation of the movie character, not just a re-dubbing of the boring preachings of game-Rayden.

That said... I still really want it, Wilson and Ashby alone will have me clapping with toddler-like glee the moment I can use them and will replace my default skins for those characters instantly.

Agree on Lambert. I'm not impressed with voice acting in general, because definitely 60-70% of it sounds read from a sheet. Lambert killed us due to his laugh, intonation, pace and his actual voice. The latter he's lost, but if his delivery was on point it could've still been amazing. It's still cool, if it comes with his actual face and white haired look and simplistic straw hat from the first scene. It will never be like the original though.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Well, I fucking hated Lambert's Raiden because his hissing voice, mocking laugh and general I'm-just-here-for-the-paycheck persona all but ruined Raiden for me.

He was as horrible as the Kano actor was awesome.

Well, I fucking hated Lambert's Raiden because his hissing voice, mocking laugh and general I'm-just-here-for-the-paycheck persona all but ruined Raiden for me.

He was as horrible as the Kano actor was awesome.
You're probably one of the very few who feels that way. To me he perfected Raiden to be the bit arrogant and a smart ass. That he was supposedly I'm just here for the paycheck I'm not buying for one second. His acting was on point. He delivered.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
You're probably one of the very few who feels that way. To me he perfected Raiden to be the bit arrogant and a smart ass. That he was supposedly I'm just here for the paycheck I'm not buying for one second. His acting was on point. He delivered.
Saying that Lambert perfected Raiden by being arrogant and a smart ass is like saying Arnold perfected Mr Freeze by being a one-liner machine. To each his own, of course, but I just don't think that Lambert did the character justice.

Then again, he wasn't the only one guilty of this. Liu Kang is portrayed as someone who doesn't believe in the Tournament and its importance, Sub Zero and Scorpion are little more than zombies who know martial arts, etc.

As far as being loyal to the source material it's a clusterfuck, but it is understandable considering the era it was made in.

Art Lean

Noob
Absolutely, whatever someone's feelings are on the MK movie, Christopher Lambert of all people can never ever be accused of having done that movie "for the paycheck", and I quote Paul Anderson:

"With Christopher, we did a creative deal so he only worked for like four or five weeks, for x amount of dollars. He was expensive, and he wasn’t going to be able to come to Thailand because he would be going way over what we’d paid him. So I developed this plan where we were going to do close-ups of Chris in L.A. and then wide shots of a double in Thailand, and then edit it together creatively. Christopher, when he found out, said, “Forget about that. I’m coming to Thailand.” He sensed this was going to make it a better movie if he could be there in those landscapes. And it is. I’m sure his agents and manager and lawyer were furious with him, because he basically came to Thailand for free. When he was there, he paid for the wrap party as well."