What's new

New MK9 Ed Boon Kamidogu interview! Reveals some new stuff.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hey there guys, found a new Ed Boon interview from Kamidogu on youtube today and noticed Ed talks about storyline mode being more like MKDC and NOT like Konquest at all, endings being like a motion comic/novel and won't be still images but not a full line cinama either(he says you'll be seeing plenty of that in the storymode) says newer/returning characters that aren't spoken of yet will be "a secret" hehe and he met with the actor who played Reptile in that MK:Rebirth video and hopes MK 20 year anniversary they can do something cool :)

Little disappointed that we're not gonna have an adventure mode since that was the best part about Deception to me. It looks like they actually care about putting out a good fighting game this time around though so that's good.

MKF30

I'm sure they always cared about that but problem is most didn't want or like the 3D MK's games, where some did(MKU) but they also have better tools, money and time to work with this time unlike Midway rushing the MK team so we have to remember this as well...

No doubt in my mind when you give already talented guys what they need, you will get a good game...

MKD's konqest was fun & way dragged out but MKA's was better, more interactive, better voice acting etc MKDC's was cool, but I bet this game will be even cooler no doubt and since it'll be canon I'm looking forward to it.

F3ARxChaRLie

Firefighter
One thing you always got to love about MK though is all the secrets they throw in there! Makes me a happy young man! :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I know that I'm a complete ass...but that accent the interviewer has was almost too much for me. Sorry in advance for any offense taken...kind of got that feeling when I call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and talk to some guy in India who I can't understand. Again, I apologize...whatever.

I would have liked Deceptions adventure mode way better if it weren't required to unlock all the characters and costumes. I enjoyed the first playthrough, but then having to do it three more times due to various circumstances really pissed me off.

Aside from my complaints, I enjoyed the interview. I am also glad that the MK team is choosing not to discuss any potential secrets or hidden characters at all. It really feels like old times.

MKF30

Konqrr said:
I know that I'm a complete ass...but that accent the interviewer has was almost too much for me. Sorry in advance for any offense taken...kind of got that feeling when I call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and talk to some guy in India who I can't understand. Again, I apologize...whatever.

I would have liked Deceptions adventure mode way better if it weren't required to unlock all the characters and costumes. I enjoyed the first playthrough, but then having to do it three more times due to various circumstances really pissed me off.

Aside from my complaints, I enjoyed the interview. I am also glad that the MK team is choosing not to discuss any potential secrets or hidden characters at all. It really feels like old times.
lol ^ this is funny actually and true ^ when you brought up the whole "Xbox guy from India" part that had me rolling because it's so true...I once had a problem earlier on connecting with 360 when I first got it, I had to call 4 times before I got an american or canadian girl that actually knew wtf she was doing...

The first guy was an indian dude, accent I could NOT understand(like worse then Apoo I'm talking here) so after 10 minutes he put me on hold and I hung up...lol I called back, I get another indian guy lmao...I'm like good lord doesn't anyone speak english on these things? Just as bad as the first guy maybe little better but still so I just said oh no problem, my mistake and hung up....

I call again I get a white sounding guy lol but problem is he's a NOOB at the job...so he must have transferred me and put me on hold like 10 times asking his supervisor questions I was asking him like "can I just tranfer my GT from xbox one to 360?"

He was giving me this bs saying I couldn't and HAD to create another tag for the 360....which I knew was bs so after nearly an hour(yes I'm that patient) and by this time around 2+ between the other two guys and this noob that didn't know crap btw, I hung up...

I called back, I said to myself I swear if I don't get someone that knows what they're doing or can't speak English I'm going to seriously consider cancelling this shit...

So THANK GOD I get a girl, who I think she said she was from Canada but sounded as american as ever....I told her how fed up I was about the other 3 guys and she was like ok sir, I understand that they didn't help you, I can help you if you let me ...lol

So I'm like yes, thank you that's all I want. I just got a 360 I want to merely be walked thru what I have to do and how I transfer my tag(I also had to update my email) since those other guys kept insisting it wasn't good/valid which was bs....

She said they did something they shouldn't have so she gave me a new one to use that we created together....and boom, in 10 minutes she transfered all my shit over to the 360 online...

Now it took 3 guys that were dumb as hell nearly 3 hours of my time to try to help me but didn't, while I get this girl who did everything I needed for assistance in 10 minutes, perhaps 15...

It wasn't only the transfer issue but this crap with my email not registering as valid or the same but that was an error and one of the clowns who signed me up for a new tag had altered something....so I had to create another email just for Xbox confirmation...due to that I couldn't connect.

I tell ya, how some morons (some of which can't speak a lick of english) get these jobs I'll never know...

But over with the rant...lol I just remebered that once Konqrr brought that up...

But yeah, personally MKD's konquest was fun but wayyyy too freaking long lol... IMO, I'm also guessing that perhaps we won't have to worry about unlocking costumes since Ed said that will be via DLC at some point as well as other things.

Tenji

Noob
I hope they put an updated Trilogy (with fatalities for everyone, both chameleons, all stages,alternate costumes/old school versions of most characters) would be the best idea for a MK Bonus I'd see yet if they ever did.. or MK1-UMK3 as a bonus. Lawl at the fact if they tried to put every mk game 1-7 on a disc or too still that would be fucking awesome.

MKF30

Blu Ray maybe 1 or 2 max, a normal disc definitely more lol that's a lot of info jammed there.(the earlier games are probably nothing) but MK DA-MK9 is a lot more data lol

Most PS2 games run a single sided layer, only about 30 or so ran a dual layer. The MK games were single layer so not using anymore than 4.70GB for each game.
A blue ray can hold between 25gb-50gb depending if its a single or dual layer disc.
So you would be looking at dual layed blue ray or 2 single layer realistically if you wanted every MK game.

DVD-5 4.70GB Single sided, Single layer
DVD-9 8.54GB Single sided, Dual layer

Blue Ray
A single-layer disc can hold 25GB.
A dual-layer disc can hold 50GB

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
Why are people so obsessed with this thing about craming so much useless features into the game. I hope they just focus on MK9 gameplay and online codeing, and nothing else.

X820

Noob
icestad said:
Why are people so obsessed with this thing about craming so much useless features into the game. I hope they just focus on MK9 gameplay and online codeing, and nothing else.
Amen.

MKF30

lol I don't know about obsessed, I personally don't care since I have every MK game anyway lol but technically speaking I think we're discussing if it's possible via least amount of discs possible.

At any rate, MK9 needs to be priority. Maybe MK team can put a little something together afterwards.

It would be a cool feature putting every MK game on there but like everyone else here I would prefer them concentrate on MK9. Putting all the MKs on one disc wouldn't be that much more work for them would it? I mean all the content is already there, its not like they are wasting time by making up random crap to fill out the game :p

MKF30

lol, That's awesome how MK is the second oldest fighter....something all gamers depsite what you like should tip your cap to, not many fighters can say that besides MK and SF.

That aside, I thought of the same thing Scheisse with the Mk4 with online play, something lol. Like the one MK game well MK DA also and MK 1 that we haven't seen go online yet via a console.