What's new

New Laptop Need Help

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So my old laptop finally gave out after 8 years and I am no in need of buying a new laptop. The problem is I dont know squat about computers and don't trust the sales people at commercial stores. I was wondering if anyone here with vast computer knowledge could point me in the right direction. I would really appreciate it.

I am looking for the best gaming laptop under $1,000. Also if its possible I would like for it to be upgradable for the future. (have no idea if thats possible lol)

Thanks for the help!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
um you should find these specs are common to come by in a retail store and probably will be enough to play most shit

i5 - i7 processor
8 - 16 gb ram
2 - 3 gb graphics card

You're probably gonna get an asus or a lenovo.
Asus makes a fine machine.

Though my recommendation for people buying $1000 dollar gaming laptops.

Buy a $200 dollar Chromebook and a $700 gaming tower.

You'll save money. With laptops you pay muuuuch more money for the eqivalent amount of power in a traditional tower unit.

Portability is expensive.

Reactions: nwo

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
also whats a great antivirus that i should buy. im def investing in that after my last laptop
You don't have to buy any antivirus. Free antivirus programs like Microsoft Security Essentials work perfectly fine.

However, I'm not too sure about whats really good on Windows 8. @frothy omen

and yeah that laptop is godlike for its price. I would recommend getting a year of accidental insurance with it since its so cheap. This is so if like you spill a drink or drop it you'll have it covered...

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i dont have a source but i read last week that Microsoft Security Essentials didnt protect against 40% of virus that were tested on it, in a recent test

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
i dont know much but that graphic card should have GTx<- Ending, in nvidia gtx is suitable for games and GTM for media. my old laptop had similar GTM and it ran games quite poorly in the end.

my friend build me a gaming pc for like 900 euros that has
8gb ram
intel core 3.4hz
AMD Radeon HD 7800

Games work nice with max graphs.

laptops are casual but if you really want your games to run well get a PC :D

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I find that laptops are never a good for gaming.
If you want to game hard built your custom PC for way less than 1000.
when choosing a new laptop/pc you want:
4 gigs of RAM[is the standard nowdays], 6 gigs if you are going for gaming.
if your are going for gaming make sure the graphic card has at least 1 gig of ram.
at least 400 gigs of hard drive.
I recommend i5 processor, but if you are going for gaming i7 is a must.

I recommend desktop for gaming, it is a lot easier to upgrade them.
I have a laptop from 3-4 years ago and I can't upgrade the ram because is does not match with the newer stuff.
I find it hard to upgrade laptops in comparison to desktops.

to check how well a game will run in a laptop you can use websites, just google "can you run it".
I do that at retailers when ever am buying a new laptop/pc.