What's new

Tech New Kung lao Corner BnB's.

I haven’t seen anyone use some of these corner BnB’s I use yet and no one has made a post about it yet either. These Bnb’s are easy to use, do more damage and are more consistent.

- Starter: divekick, 21spin, jumpkick tele 3, 1121, 24.

The reason 21 people should use 21 instead of spin is because first of all it does more damage, second: sometimes it is hard to see whether you’re really in the corner and sometimes you whiff a spin because you weren’t. the spin is full combo punished on whiff. 21 is safe on whiff, the spin won’t come out unless the 21 connected.

Also if you use spin instead of 21 spin in the left corner, you will kick your opponent out of the corner if you do it too fast, 21 is the same for both sides of the screen.

- Starter : dive kick, 21 spin, jumpkick tele 3, standing 3 Ex Hat, jumpkick tele 3, 24.

Same combo as above, 1 meter for more damage

- Starter: jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, 1121, 24 spin, 24.

More damage and easy to use, very consistent

- Starter: tele 2, jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, 24spin, 1, 24.

- Starter: (tele 3) 21 spin, backdash Ex hat, jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, 1121, 24.

Does 55% , does 1% more than the standing 3 ex hat version, this one is easier to pull off imo.

- Starter: (tele 3) 21 spin, backdash Ex hat, jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, standing 3 Ex Hat, jumpkick tele 3, 24.

Does 61/62% I believe, uses 2 meters so it is not the recommended corner BnB and I’ve only used it 3 times myself in a real match. But if the opponent doesn’t have meter, you can use this to get the win.

Combo's I have found midscreen:

- Starter divekick, f3 spin, 1,1,1, 24.
- Starter dive kick f3 spin, dive kick, 1,24.
- Starter 21212spin, dash, jumpkick dive kick, f3spin, 24.
This combo seems to be very consistent if you start with 21212, it does slightly more damage and builds more meter because of the extra spin in the combo.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I haven’t seen anyone use some of these corner BnB’s I use yet and no one has made a post about it yet either. These Bnb’s are easy to use, do more damage and are more consistent.

- Starter: divekick, 21spin, jumpkick tele 3, 1121, 24.

The reason 21 people should use 21 instead of spin is because first of all it does more damage, second: sometimes it is hard to see whether you’re really in the corner and sometimes you whiff a spin because you weren’t. the spin is full combo punished on whiff. 21 is safe on whiff, the spin won’t come out unless the 21 connected.

Also if you use spin instead of 21 spin in the left corner, you will kick your opponent out of the corner if you do it too fast, 21 is the same for both sides of the screen.

- Starter : dive kick, 21 spin, jumpkick tele 3, standing 3 Ex Hat, jumpkick tele 3, 24.

Same combo as above, 1 meter for more damage

- Starter: jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, 1121, 24 spin, 24.

- Starter: tele 2, jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, 21spin, 1, 24.

- Starter: (tele 3) 21 spin, backdash Ex hat, jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, 1121, 24.

Does 55% , does 1% more than the standing 3 ex hat version, this one is easier to pull off imo.

- Starter: (tele 3) 21 spin, backdash Ex hat, jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, standing 3 Ex Hat, jumpkick tele 3, 24.

Does 61/62% I believe, uses 2 meters so it is not the recommended corner BnB and I’ve only used it 3 times myself in a real match. But if the opponent doesn’t have meter, you can use this to get the win.

Combo's I have found midscreen:

- Starter divekick, f3 spin, 1,1,1, 24.
- Starter dive kick f3 spin, dive kick, 1,24.
- Starter 21212spin, dash, jumpkick dive kick, f3spin, 24.
This combo seems to be very consistent if you start with 21212, it does slightly more damage and builds more meter because of the extra spin in the combo.
Good stuff dude. Going to hit the lab later today and check them out. This is what every character's forum needs.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Great stuff , that 21 definetely help in the corner after a dive kick especially like u said the spin whifs if u r a bit too far

Just had some new idea's for the corner combo's, I can't get a hold of MK right now so this is all theory, maybe someone can test this for me because I am at my parents home right now for christmas and new years.

in the corner you might be able to do dive kick into 21 spin, dash back ex hat into tele1, this is an unbreakable combo(the 21 spin can be breakered but a lot of people won't breaker until after they see the spin).

Combo 2:

you could do: dive kick, 21 spin, backdash ex hat, jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, 1121, 24.

you might also be able to do:

dive kick, 21 spin, backdash ex hat, jumpkick dive kick, jumpkick tele 3, standing 3 ex hate, jumpkick tele3, 24.

this is a 2 meter combo, just something you could use if it would get you the win 100%

I haven't actually tried this out so this is still al theory.

im sorry but this stuff gets old and it has never been funny.

People should stop posting stupid jokes on the KL forums so Kl players can finally understand their own character. If someone decides to pick up KL all they see in this forum is impractical combos, stupid jokes like the KL infinite or a whole thread about KL not being top 10, some people even make a whole thread asking how to land the plum flower.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons

People should stop posting stupid jokes on the KL forums so Kl players can finally understand their own character. If someone decides to pick up KL all they see in this forum is impractical combos, stupid jokes like the KL infinite or a whole thread about KL not being top 10, some people even make a whole thread asking how to land the plum flower.
nofunallowed.jpg

Lighten up

LaR

Noob

someone doesnt have a sense of humor that video is hilarious ' get in the corner where you belong ' lol. and theses combos are not new at least not to me

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
nice thread mindgame, and masterson yeah that video was almost funny the first time.

someone doesnt have a sense of humor that video is hilarious ' get in the corner where you belong ' lol. and theses combos are not new at least not to me
I doubt you knew all of them, you might have done combos that are similar but these are sone slight upgrades compared to the older ones that are commonly used. and if you knew these combos why didnt you post them, instead of supporting people who like to discuss tech you choose to support the guy who makes jokes and provide zero info.

I dont have anything against the guy but first of all that video was already posted once and I believe he made a whole thread for it.

you can't blame me or other people for wanting to discuss serious lao tech, just compare the lao forum to the kitana forum for example, it is a huge difference.

LaR

Noob
I doubt you knew all of them, you might have done combos that are similar but these are sone slight upgrades compared to the older ones that are commonly used. and if you knew these combos why didnt you post them, instead of supporting people who like to discuss tech you choose to support the guy who makes jokes and provide zero info.

I dont have anything against the guy but first of all that video was already posted once and I believe he made a whole thread for it.

you can't blame me or other people for wanting to discuss serious lao tech, just compare the lao forum to the kitana forum for example, it is a huge difference.
I was just defending him because you where being rude to him for a harmless joke that was actually really funny. You're there there is actually 1 0r 2 corner combos i didnt no like the 2 bar one

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
hey doesn't kung lao have a 65% in the corner using xray without using the tele-3 starter?

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Very nice combos, some of these I haven't seen. People are haters.

Random Swag combo: Jump toward the corner with your jump in punch, Tele 4, D1 spin, Jk Dk (I find staggering the Dk works a lil better), Jk tele 3, 2 4 1+3. It's around 48%. You can option select out of the Jk Dk and just go for the Jk Tele 3, add a 1121 before the plum flower and you get 42% no just frame. Easy swag combo

Also, was that 2 bar combo the one that Cd jr did at NEC? Because I've been trying to find it.

Edit: GrandMasterson that video was made pretty soon after I switched to a Lao main. I though it was hilarious haha.

Very nice combos, some of these I haven't seen. People are haters.

Random Swag combo: Jump toward the corner with your jump in punch, Tele 4, D1 spin, Jk Dk (I find staggering the Dk works a lil better), Jk tele 3, 2 4 1+3. It's around 48%. You can option select out of the Jk Dk and just go for the Jk Tele 3, add a 1121 before the plum flower and you get 42% no just frame. Easy swag combo

Also, was that 2 bar combo the one that Cd jr did at NEC? Because I've been trying to find it.

Edit: GrandMasterson that video was made pretty soon after I switched to a Lao main. I though it was hilarious haha.
cool, didnt know jumpin punch connected on tele 4. I don't know if cd jr knows that combo it is basically the 1 bar combo I use combined with the 1 bar combo that is commonly used. the one I use does 1% more than the usual one, but if I recall that is the tele3 starter version, if you start with 21spin the damage different might be a bit better because it might scale less.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
cool, didnt know jumpin punch connected on tele 4. I don't know if cd jr knows that combo it is basically the 1 bar combo I use combined with the 1 bar combo that is commonly used. the one I use does 1% more than the usual one, but if I recall that is the tele3 starter version, if you start with 21spin the damage different might be a bit better because it might scale less.
Ah nice, i'll get in the lab with these tomorrow.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
anyone know how to get the 65% xray in the corner? i remember seeing brady do it once on some tourney footage but i can't remember what it was called xD