What's new

Tech New Kitana Tech (Possibly)

K

KOMBATMEDIC

I discovered some new tech messing around with Kitana today that I've never seen or read about before. It involves using her 112 combo on an airborne or juggled opponent to force a hard grounding which allows you a free jip and up to 80% + damage assuming it connects and your opponent has half a bar of meter or less. Otherwise they could block, escape with a wake up attack or break it.

For example: f2, 1, njp, ff, 4, fan toss, ff, 112 leads to 32% damage and the knockdown.

Follow this up with her 48% bnb for 80% damage using no meter. You can use whatever combos you like. It even works with a jk, fan toss starter. Now of course you sacrifice gauranteed damage doing this, but if it works it's well worth it. I'd call it frame advantage if anything, but definately not a reset. Again, if this is known tech, please forgive me I'm slow.

No, this is not tech at all, they can roll, wake up, in some cases AA, or just block.
the thing about 112, is it takes a while for kitana to recover.
Finish your combo off, this strategy will actually HURT your play as kitana, as my ghetto reset (dropping combos on purpose then doing f4, 1) , trust me, it wont help.

To be honest people should stop using the word "tech" especially with "techs" that dont go through extensive testing. This is what you should do.... post in the q/a or general discussion thread and say "I have this set up, what do you guys think?"