What's new

New/Interesting Kung Lao tech

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I have been messing around in the lab with Kung Lao for a long time, but kind of a lot more recently. I have found most of these things a long time ago but have not been able to bring them to light because of lack of a good recorder. Btw thank you DoctrineDark for help with recording! Just so you guys know some of these combos may or may have not been known about already, but I haven't really seen anybody do any of these so I am just bringing it up again if it was already known.

So here we go:

Here is just an example of a nice corner combo you can continue off of a JIP b1f1

Another example of a similar combo but by using 2 bars of meter

This is a corner combo using two bars starting with JIP b333

Meterless 49% corner combo

Variation of b333 combo

Similar to combo number 4 but using meter

A variation to the last combo

Could be Kung Lao's highest possible damage with one bar of meter

This is situational but still I have used it

Highest possible damage for X-ray combo

Below I'm going to show you possible anti-air combos using standing 2~EX hat

42% midscreen anti-air

Anti-air corner combo for 47%

Now I'm going to show you combos you can start when your back is facing towards the corner, and mid-combo you can transition your opponent into the corner and obtain more damage than the standard midscreen BnB would net you. AND at the same time, you are giving yourself the advantageous position by putting your opponent into the corner rather than keeping yourself in the corner.

Meterless 42% (I found out you can get about 45% with this combo by using teleport 3)

1 bar of meter for 49% (You can get over 51% using teleport 3 instead of JIP)

Uppercut X-ray combo

After the uppercut you can also do d1, 1121, 24 1+3 2 (If you don't have any meter)

Also after the uppercut I believe you can do spin, 24 1+3 2

I might adding more to this thread later, enjoy :)

Nothing new, I do these combos already, FYI after the crossover teleport 4 you can link 24 spin or 24 ex hat...Sometimes the spin will miss so by doing 24 or just 21 you guarantee that you will land the combo

the b1f1 combos can be started with spin into the regular combos and they might even do more damage I believe, at least thats the one ive been using( even though you rarely get the chance to), you add a standing 3 to the combo so it should do more damage. I never really liked any of these jumpin punch tele 3 combos or jumpin punch tele 4in the corner, to me they arent that practical because if the jumpin punch gets blocked you will be punished for the teleport.

the one I think is pretty interesting and am going to experiment with is that njp tele 3 back into the corner, thats some good stuff and if its not too hard to do its definitely new tech to keep your opponent in the corner and not just a combo.

Just tried is out and you can do 50% meterless with jump over punch teleport 4 , 24 spin, jump kick, delayed dive kick, jump kick teleport 3, to plum flower.

ForeverKing

where is the new tech? Lots of sick combos, but where exactly is the new?
New/Interesting. Meaning to alot of people this is new, and to the people that it is not new to it might be interesting. I have never seen anyone else do alot of these and found most of them out on my own so I'm guessing it's new to most people. And the tech part about it is towards the bottom of the page I discuss combos where your back is facing towards the corner. Instead of doing the standard BnB like most people do putting the opponent towards the middle of the stage, you can actually put the opponent into the corner mid-combo AND get more damage than you would have if you just did the standard midscreen BnB. I would rather have my opponent in the corner than have myself in the corner, and I would rather have more damage than less damage so it is a win/win compared to what most others do lol.

And like I said I don't see anybody else doing this besides me so that why I am stating "new"

ForeverKing

Just tried is out and you can do 50% meterless with jump over punch teleport 4 , 24 spin, jump kick, delayed dive kick, jump kick teleport 3, to plum flower.
Thanks man, I can add that to the top if you want. I think that might be Kung Lao's highest possible damage meterless

ForeverKing

WHO NEEDS THIS MANY COMBOS?! ;_;

maaaaaan. Brutalities during the match?
I was actually thinking about making a video guide/walkthrough on how to do the Kung Lao Brutality with all the different setups to start it and all the different possible strings you can do to continue the Brutality further. But people probably wouldn't take it serious at all lmao

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Not to be an ass, but I feel like i've mentioned or seen all of these combos in previous threads/videos minus the first couple. I just cancel B1 F1 into spin instead and it grants the exact same damage. Good shit though, not many of these were on video.

ForeverKing

the b1f1 combos can be started with spin into the regular combos and they might even do more damage I believe, at least thats the one ive been using( even though you rarely get the chance to), you add a standing 3 to the combo so it should do more damage. I never really liked any of these jumpin punch tele 3 combos or jumpin punch tele 4in the corner, to me they arent that practical because if the jumpin punch gets blocked you will be punished for the teleport.

the one I think is pretty interesting and am going to experiment with is that njp tele 3 back into the corner, thats some good stuff and if its not too hard to do its definitely new tech to keep your opponent in the corner and not just a combo.
As for the b1f1 combos your right, but if you thought they were going to block the JIP so you end up not hit confirming the spin after b1f1, you can see that you can still pull off decent damage lol.

The NJP~teleport~3 combos are the tech that I am talking about, while everyone in thread is like "THIS ISN'T TECH THIS IS COMBOS." I knew that would happen, whatever lol. But anyways it is weird at first but once you get it down you will be getting it consistently, the trick is to delay the teleport~3 because if you do it instantly it won't work. You end up dealing about 5 more % than the standard midscreen BnB that people use, but when your back is towards the corner you can actually put your opponent into the corner mid-combo and deal more percent than normal

ForeverKing

Not to be an ass, but I feel like i've mentioned or seen all of these combos in previous threads/videos minus the first couple. I just cancel B1 F1 into spin instead and it grants the exact same damage. Good shit though, not many of these were on video.
I am aware, that's why I put new/interesting. It is probably new to a lot of people because I have never seen most of these done by anyone else, but to those that it is not new to it is probably still interesting :p

As for the b1f1 combos your right, but if you thought they were going to block the JIP so you end up not hit confirming the spin after b1f1, you can see that you can still pull off decent damage lol.

The NJP~teleport~3 combos are the tech that I am talking about, while everyone in thread is like "THIS ISN'T TECH THIS IS COMBOS." I knew that would happen, whatever lol. But anyways it is weird at first but once you get it down you will be getting it consistently, the trick is to delay the teleport~3 because if you do it instantly it won't work. You end up dealing about 5 more % than the standard midscreen BnB that people use, but when your back is towards the corner you can actually put your opponent into the corner mid-combo and deal more percent than normal
its good stuff, usually kung lao doesnt get much from an anti air spin without meter, using this stuff for anti air spin is very good.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Did you get the NJP Tele 3 stuff from that McFly match where he had to win a KL mirror? That's where I first saw it, that shit's wild.

Edit: Nevermind I just read your quote and junk lol. My bad for making you reiterate a point you've already expressed several times.

ForeverKing

its good stuff, usually kung lao doesnt get much from an anti air spin without meter, using this stuff for anti air spin is very good.
Exactly, when I'm against the corner and somebody tries cross me up (which happens alot) I anti-air spin, NJP~teleport~3, jump kick~dive kick, 1, 1121, plum flower. That's definitely going to net you more damage rather than the usual: anti-air spin, NJP, jump kick~dive kick, F+3~spin

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wow... I can't even watch these videos. I hate Kung Lao in this game that much!

Kung Lao...
<< Take a good look at my avatar...
Yeah, that's right, FFFUFFUUFUFUFUUUUUUUUUUU!