What's new

New info from German Gamepro translated?

If true, are you happy with it?

• ya

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • na

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
So sketchy. Look at all these sketches. A whole magazine full of them!

Until a certain set of eyebrows confirms this, I'm going to assume spazzy creative liberties were taken everywhere.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
MAIN FACTS AND PARTIAL TRANSLATION OF ARTICLE:
(as said, its written kinda weird and easily misunderstandable, its clear they dont really give shit about rock solid info but mix facts and wishful speculation in a manner that it sounds good for people who are not deeply into MK stuff but makes it hard to tell whats fact and whats fiction for people who already gathered every bit of info that is out there. Most of the info in the OP is correct, not sure about everything though)

Characters:

kano is in

"kano will have familiar as well as new stuff, aside from the allrounder there will be a version which focuses on wrestling attacks" it is not known if he will have his eye laser yet. he and raiden were both not playable in their version, but unlike cage/sonya/kang he seems to be officially confirmed to be playable, maybe as exclusive info for this mag.

"Kotal Kahn, who will be revealed to be Shao Kahn's son in the story mode [...]". he seemed sluggish in the beginning but after they warmed up even a bit overpowered.
his home stage is maya oriented (south american jungle)

D'vorah has an acid attack (squishing one of her bugs) which can be charged/delayed (and god help us if cancelled. say hi to kabal.)

boon confirms there will be multiple versions of johnny cage, sonya blade and liu kang in the game, but not in which mode. the whole part goes like this:

"Aging Martial Artists:

As mentioned before, the background strory of MKX will span over multiple decades.
We as players won't only witness, how the offspring of the MK-fighters grow up, but also how the familiar heroes age.
Ed Boon told us in an interview that there will indeed be multiple Versions of Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Liu Kang.
Liu Kang? Sure. Let's not lie to ourselves, even though the Shaolin monk hsant been announced yet, the Mortal Komnbat
posterboy will for sure be playable. According to Boon the aged fighters will not just differ look-wise from their younger versions,
but also play a bit different and use moves that none of the other incarnations has. Even though boon doesnt tell how exactly the old fighters
are integrated into the game, we strongy expect them not to be separate characters, but one of the versions in the roster screen.
If the story mode is like in the predecessor, the game gives us a specific character for each chapter - different age
character versions are the smallest of problems here and will for sure be unlocked in the versus-manu after playthrough."

(note by me: the last bit is a lot of speculation and i gotta admit i dont really know much more than before. but the fact that different age versions
also have diferent movesets makes the mentioned chars likely to be playable)

there WILL be (a) guest character(s)

Gameplay:

enhanced moves require strict timing (unlike injustice. i wonder if as tough as mk vs dc)

"it is safe to say there will be stage fatalities. Ed Boon let us know by saying: "We havent announced anything like that yet, but i would be surprised if there were none."."

Misc:

they will try to release the game in germany but only uncut if so (yay)

NRS would like to do something different than fighting games/mk as next project after mkx (not an mk fps though)
@CrimsonShadow there you go. The official TYM translation lol.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah....No. Seriosuly, that read like serious speculation. I can buy JC/SB being in the story but they straight up said Liu is just speculation in their part.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
so now Kotal Kahn is Mayan and Shao Kahn's son, dafuq?

i remember in 2010 they said that Kintaro and "Lady in Red" (Skarlet) would be MK9 DLC. So they could be wrong, i don't know.
Thats what im saying, Kotal probably just took the title "Kahn" and made it his own.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
yeah and he's from Aztec, not Maya lol.
Yup, they may have similar stance and mannerisms but its just not believable for them to be related. If the story progresses a span of 25 yrs immediately after MK9 storyline then Shao Kahn's son (Kotal Kahn) which I doubt they are related Kotal would still be young guy not already a full grown adult.

Dark

Warrior
Caption on the Raiden picture on first page says Cyborg Killer Kano, another variation probably.

Slymind

Warrior
Boon confirmed on twitter that Kotal is not related to Shao Kahn, i don't think he was lying.

But anyway, Johnny Cage is back, and that's all i wanted to hear. Can't wait to see old Cage and Sonya.

I already said this on another thread. Cassie is not THAT similar to her parents, specially to Sonya. She only has a backflip and a grapple that Sonya got in the last game only. She never shot a gun or called for bombs or had a stick. They can make Johnny and Sonya as different as they want. Maybe Johnny's arcade ending came true and he's more magical oriented now. I'm not saying this info is true, but it's absolutely believable, more so with Kano being in. Kano without Sonya? Let's wait and see. Personally I couldn't be happier because it would mean not only that Sonya made it, but also that she's quite the protagonist.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Thats what Im hoping for but the "translation" says otherwise right now, hopefully its a misunderstanding on the German side because I dont want a game full of clones.
Aren't Germans kind of known for "misunderstandings on the German side"? Too soon?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Name three of Sonya´s characteristic moves which Cassie got.
Everyone is updated with every game.

Every character throws punches and kicks you know.
I like that they didn't just give Cassie the exact same specials as her parents, but gave her unique variations of their specials.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Old man Cage should be playable.
With one variation where he has some mother fucking Nun Chucks.

I would prefer Sonya to be DLC.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Name three of Sonya´s characteristic moves which Cassie got.
Everyone is updated with every game.

Every character throws punches and kicks you know.
Off the top of my head a tackle and a cartwheel move. We all know that specials are what make characters unique from each other not punches in kicks...

How many ninjas have teleports? How many characters have fireballs? I really don't see the problem with characters having 1 or 2 similar moves as long as they have enough variation to make their play-styles unique.