What's new

new Ideas for Jhony Cage Variation specials

hello as you may remember me i posted when a "your wishesfor mk11" thread was up and suggesting to add more nutpunch variations Such As run cancellable nutpunches nutpunch that can be special cancelled into another nutpunch with a gap or meterburned to catch someone trying to armor through the gap and an instant air nutpunch (ianut)

but the new mk11 systems and specials give me new ideas as well as old ones

my first Idea is a nutpunch called RunPunch that works alot like mk9 nomad dash cancels: it has a command run at the startup that can be cancelled with a down-down input This can be used after normals that have too much pushback normally to pressure after, but with a cancel into command run nutpunch you can threaten the opponent and make them want to block as it will catch pokes and walkback; and if they are scared of getting hit by command run nutpunch, you can cancel the run into continue pressure. This also leads to more combo ender options. There is also the mixup for your opponent where they jump over your command run and punish with crossup jump button or shimmy a command run cancel on prediction so it is a very high mindgame.

my Next Idea is NutGrab which is replacing normal nutpunch if you equip it and it doesn't launch even on EX so you might be asking "why this is stupid i want my combo confirms" but wait NUtGrab is a command grab that restands yes. Normal nutGrab will have a lot of pushback - its Joony Cage grabbing the opponent by the gential and when they bend down he hits them with a pimp slap and they stumble back so continuing pressure is hard even if you are Major Plus. But on Amplify he punched them in the stomach hard so that their feet lift off the ground but they stay in place so he can continue pressure or command grab again so with 2 bards you can Amplify twice and then get a third meterless Nutgrab the Nutgrab will deal 8% damage so it's a fair 26% plus chip but if you manage your pressure well and wait for meter to regenerate its more. SO you lose combo damage but get a lot of terrific pressure and meterless nutgrab in the corner will KILL.l

so that is it my wishlist for more Johny Kage vartational specials i think they will be cool with his ne w footsie gameplan