What's new

New Hori Fighting Commander

Is this new as in they've updated all models to be this one or new as in you got it new? Also, could you report back with it's effectiveness?

C-Sword

Noob
It's not the Fighting Commander 4, Hori recycled an old shell and made a new controller for the PS4 out of it, the dpad is more durable, because it's not rotatable, but the sides are too short, making it hard to hold.

Matix218

Get over here!
It's not the Fighting Commander 4, Hori recycled an old shell and made a new controller for the PS4 out of it, the dpad is more durable, because it's not rotatable, but the sides are too short, making it hard to hold.
I owned two fc3s and honestly the big issue with the d pad durability had nothing to do with the rotating mechanism. The d pad under side rubber piece with the switch contactors was extremely thin and would wear out easily making the d pad prone to making you press an unwanted direction over time. Happened to both of mine and I got mad and stopped buying them. The pad is excellent when new but unless they have done something about that weak piece I wouldn't go back to it

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
eehhh, if it's as cheap as the FC4 I might try it out since I'm going to be needing a new one soon.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
This has always bugged me, how the hell do you press for example square and r2 at the same time to enhance a move? Do you just like switch to fingers then go back to thumb?

shmatka

How much 1 could a 112 if a 11212?
This has always bugged me, how the hell do you press for example square and r2 at the same time to enhance a move? Do you just like switch to fingers then go back to thumb?
I myself use my index, middle, and ring fingers on the face buttons. Index for 1 and 3, middle for 2 and 4, and ring rests on r2 for block. It's actually super responsive that way. I've found my execution to have imrpoved immensely since I switched.