What's new

New Frontier: IGAU (REO) / KI3 (CDJr) / MK9 (Insuperable) / MKT (REO) Results & Impressions!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Whats going on everyone! Saturday was a big success with a total of 41 entrants!!! The largest amount of entrants I've had prior to this was 28 so it was a welcomed challenge. While everything ran relatively smooth (except for MKT) I already have a few adjustments and layout changes planned to ensure the next monthly runs flawless.

Archive can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/995phil/b/517394542

Injustice: Gods Amongst Us (31 entrants/ 3 pools of 8; 1 pool of 7 / Round Robin 210 matches for pools alone)
Top 8
1st - @R.E.O. (MMH)
2nd - @KDZ (Superman/WoWo)
3rd - @Grr (Bane)
4th - @Tom Brady (Aquaman)
5th - @Scoot Magee (Green Arrow)
5th - @Indecisive (Shazam)
7th - @HuskyBrown (Hawkgirl)
7th - @RapZiLLa54 (Batman)

Grr vs Tom Brady

KDZ vs REO

Indecisive vs HuskyBrown

RapZiLLa54 vs Scoot Magee

Indecisive vs KDZ

Tom Brady vs Scoot Magee

KDZ vs Tom Brady

Winner Finals: Grr vs REO

A runback of last monthlies Grand Finals with the same result. Bane with all his venom enhancements brings it down to game 5 but in the end couldn't handle the might of Mars.

Loser Finals: Grr vs KDZ
A salty runback from the last monthly here as well where Grr pulled out the upset to advance to GF but KDZ was focused and advances in dominate fashion.

Grand Finals: REO (Winners) vs KDZ (Losers)
KDZ pulls out a tremendous comeback to go up 1-0 but REO keeps his composure and remains undefeated at Blu Planet and wins back to back monthlies. KDZ was also given a special award:cool:
---

Killer Instinct (14 entrants / Standard Double Elim)
Top 4
1st - @CD jr (Sadira)
2nd - @G4S KT Smith ( Basic Jago)
3rd - ERGZ Destinova (Sabrewulf)
4th - Phycotica (Sadira)

Winner Finals: CD Jr vs ERGZ Destinova
Destinova returns as he was the original KI Champ from When Worlds Collide to faceoff vs CDjr in an impressive Winner Final.

Loser Finals: KT Smith vs ERGZ Destinova
A runback from When Worlds Collide Grand Finals in which KT Smith inflicts his revenge to advance!

Grand Finals: CD Jr (Winners) vs KT Smith (Losers)
KT's determination was no match for CD Jrs shadow countering madness as Jr took this one convincing!
---

Mortal Kombat (14 entrants / Standard Double Elim)
Top 4
1st - @Insuperable (Jax/Kenshi)
2nd - @R.E.O. (Kabal)
3rd - @CD jr (Jax/Smoke)
4th- @Mikemetroid (Cage)

Winner Finals: CD Jr vs Insuperable
Jax mirror? Enough said lol

Loser Finals: REO vs CDjr
How many times have we seen this classic runback? The hype lives on!

Grand Finals: Insuperable (Winners) vs REO (Losers)
Insuperable who even with distracted by his studies still repeats as the Champ.
---

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (12 entrants / Standard Double Elim)
Top 4
1st - @R.E.O
2nd - @Shock
3rd - @Edgif81
4th- @CD jr

Winner Finals: REO vs Shock

Loser Finals: Edgif81 vs Shock
Skip to the 40 second mark, I messed up uploading this one lol. Edfig makes an impressive run here but Shock would not be denied!

Grand Finals: REO (Winners) vs Shock (Losers)
A runback of last monthly Grand Finals!

---

Complete Results
IGAU
1.REO
2.KDZ
3.GRR
4.Tom Brady
5.Scoot Magee
6. Indecisive
7. Rapzilla54
7. Husky Brown
9. @Groove Heaven
9. G4S KT Smith
9. Mikemetroid
9. Ray Riazy
13. NobrowsMagee @Josh Owens
13. @FMLfirewall
13. G From The Streets
13. @G4S J360
17. @Icy Black Deep
17. Shock
17. @Kabbage
17. @KingJamez12
21. CHIEFGEIF
21. Edfig81
21. @chemist4hire
21. @pherleece
25. Cyber Gambit
25. PRINCE
25. @BlackBryan
25. @G4S Claude VonStroke
29. ATLAS THE CARRY
29. @REDRUM
29. @StevoSuprem0
29. @Jeremy KO

MK9
1. Insuperable
2. REO
3. CD Jr
4. Mikemetroid
5. Black Bryan
5. G4S Claude VonStroke
7. J360
7. PRINCE
9. XFAXAIRFLASH24
9. Groove Heaven
9. Firewall
9. Cyber Gambit
13. Edfig81
13. Durtman

KI3
1. CD Jr
2. G4S KT Smith
3. Ergz Desdinova
4. Phycotica
5. ERGZ JAGO
5. ERGZ TOOLMAN
7. Mikemetroid
7. XFAXAIRFLASH24
9. Scoot Magee
9. G From The Streets
9. XYRUS THE VIRUS
9. Firewall
13. Edfig81
13. ERGZ EMPATHY

MKT
1. REO
2. Shock
3. Edfig81
4. CD jr
5. Insuperable
5. Mikemetroid
7. Cyber Gambit
7. Scoot Magee
9. PHERLEECE
9. Ray Riazy
9. Durtman
12. J360
---

Updated Power Rankings
Each game will be individually ranked under this point system
  • 1st Place - 10 Points
  • 2nd Place - 7 Points
  • 3rd Place - 5 Points
  • 4th Place - 3 Points
  • Tied 5th Place - 2 Points
  • Tied 7th Place - 1 Point
Paid entry games are only eligible for rank points and # of participants ie 16 participants qualifies Top 8 points, anything less only Top 4 will receive points.

Injustice Standings
1st- @R.E.O. = 20
2nd- @Grr = 19
3rd- @KDZ =12
4th- @Frantastic23 = 10
5th- @7L = 5
5th- @RapZiLLa54 = 5
6th- @Scoot Magee = 4
7th- @G4S KT Smith = 3
7th- @Ray Riazy = 3
7th- @indecisive = 3
7th- @Tom Brady = 3
8th- @KingJamez12 = 1
8th- @ClassySasquatch = 1
8th- @HuskyBrown = 1
Killer Instinct Standings
1st- Phycotica = 18
2nd- Ergz Desdinova = 15
3rd- @G4S KT Smith = 14
4th- @CD jr = 10
5rd- @Mikemetroid = 7
6th- @Scoot Magee = 6
7th- Gfromthestreets = 5

Mortal Kombat 9 Standings
1st- @Insuperable = 20
2nd- @R.e.o. = 12
3rd- @mikemetroid = 10
4th- @CD jr = 5
5th- @BlackBryan = 3

*These Standings are totaled up from When Worlds Collide, Judgment Day and The New Frontier *

---
Everything setup and being tested

Let the madness begin!

2nd Place in KI and IGAU got the Fraud Awards this time!

---

Some final thoughts.

Huge shoutouts to @Scoot Magee, @Shock, @R.E.O. , @Tom Brady for helping with setups; @Mikemetroid for allowing me to use his lappy wife, my friend Josh and Ed ChiefGief for helping me coordinate matches to stations; and @9.95 for running a great stream all night as usual! Shock thank you for bringing the Break crew, @Blackbryan for driving out the PA crew without you all we wouldn't have hit the #s necessary to activate the pot bonus! 31 players added $155 to the POT making it a total of $465 payout 70/20/10 for Injustice!
@CD jr and the ERGZ crew for spreading the word about KI as this was our biggest turnout!

One of the biggest changes I'm going to do with the next monthly is bump up the times to 5, 6, 7 pm starts for the major games and see if the owner can open the door at 3 instead of 4 so we don't lose any casual time but thats not confirmed as of now. This one ran till 2 am (Injustice took 5 hours for 210 matches + top 8) and IMO thats too late and it won't happen again. I tried a different schedule this time to ensure everything got some stream time but it ended up back firing and Injustice didn't get started till around 9:10 (start time was supposed to be 8:30) so lesson noted.

I'd also like to apologize for just not having the time to run UMK2..... I also am missing an XBOX ONE controller so if anyone could help me out here I'd appreciate it.
---

Please share your thoughts and opinions whether they be positive or negative. I'm always looking to improve so I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

Last edited:

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Watching the archive I was like wow, G is putting you on blast for having sound fundamentals lol
lmao I think he was just salty I beat his boy phycotica with 2 meaty uppercuts, that probably seemed super disrespectful.

The first one was guaranteed chip to win, the second one I just had a brain fart and did it anyway but got away with it.

RapZiLLa54

lmao I think he was just salty I beat his boy phycotica with 2 meaty uppercuts, that probably seemed super disrespectful.

The first one was guaranteed chip to win, the second one I just had a brain fart and did it anyway but got away with it.
I'm going to change the top 4 results to show you represent "Basic Jago"

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I like how every time I play Shock in MKT I get the Sheeva corner infinite off the throw. This literally never happens with ANYONE else and god knows I play Sheeva in like 9999 matches a day at these events.

It's just funny, lol.

The "toe tickler" !!! You've taught us to NEVER ever approach Sheeva in that game when her back is in the corner...

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
wifey was utterly bowing up my phone and had to go home early OTHERWISE that fraud trophy was surely mine :( @RapZiLLa54

dude that ":DOGE-trophy" is too GDLK! facccckkkkk

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I had lots of fun, but the 3/5 round robin was killing me with how long it was taking. I didn't even play an opponent cause he DQed himself cause his ride had to go. Maybe start earlier next time or just do 2/3 if we are doing round robin with that many folks.

Another thing, try to have the games installed on the hard drives so that when you run the systems for that long they don't freeze up due to overheating. Spinning the disc heats up the system way too fast.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
There's a lot of ups and downs for the round robin, but I think there's two main things:
Up: You don't go 0-2 and sit around watching matches. You have 6+ matches and you have a shot at making it out of pools even with the 0-2 start.
Down: Time restraints. Although I think it went well (I wasn't competing, so I can't tell from a player's perspective), I feel that more setups for Injustice could help that out. Was this run pool by pool or 1st person-last on multiple pools?

Also, we need a bigger venue for monthlies!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I like how every time I play Shock in MKT I get the Sheeva corner infinite off the throw. This literally never happens with ANYONE else and god knows I play Sheeva in like 9999 matches a day at these events.

It's just funny, lol.
Sheeva is Shock's Kryptonite lmao.

RapZiLLa54

There's a lot of ups and downs for the round robin, but I think there's two main things:
Up: You don't go 0-2 and sit around watching matches. You have 6+ matches and you have a shot at making it out of pools even with the 0-2 start.
Down: Time restraints. Although I think it went well (I wasn't competing, so I can't tell from a player's perspective), I feel that more setups for Injustice could help that out. Was this run pool by pool or 1st person-last on multiple pools?

Also, we need a bigger venue for monthlies!
We had 7 set ups, originally 8 but one kept overheating/freezing so I pulled it from the lineup. I can't create space so the only way to get maybe 10 setups is to take the MKT setups down completely which I don't want to do. I run all the pools at the same time and just kept calling matches as soon as a station becomes available.

As to @chemist4hire point with the games being installed I will try next time but note that all the stations there aren't mine (my 2 setups I actually have both the reg and ultimate installed to the HD for the reasons you mentioned). The start time was more so the problem then with how long it took once it got started. Because a double elim with 31 people would have MAYBE shaved off an hour, hour and half tops but I plan on starting it at 7pm next month as opposed to 9pm. Finishing up 210 matches in a 4 hour span I don't think can really be improved time wise because remember Top 8 takes an hour by itself usually as well.