What's new

New Donkey Kong Country Returns...the best one yet?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Was wondering if anyone here bought it or played it? All my friends and random people on the net I asked so far ALL say it's easily the hardest and most challenging. I can't wait to get my hands on it once I stack up some money shortly after the holidays...I LOVED the older DKC games, this game will own no doubt...

Some have even said it's harder then the last year released SMBW, which was also the hardest 2D Mario given the ridiculous castle stages....and multiplayer is a riot lol.

The reviews gave it nice reviews so I definitely will get it, with the guide lol. They help for maps especially.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The game is absolutely amazing. I think, at the very least, one of the best 5 games of 2010. Its SO much fun, and yes its SOOO hard too. Yea its Donkey Kong Country meets SMB, but its perfect. I love it and kids love it too. The game is.......bananas. :banana: :moonwalk:

MKF30

Yeah man, thanks for your personal review :) I'm excited, next two bigtime Nintendo Wii games I get are DKCR and Mario 25th for sure. I watched some of the review vids OMG...the stages look beyond ridiculous.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yeah man, thanks for your personal review :) I'm excited, next two bigtime Nintendo Wii games I get are DKCR and Mario 25th for sure. I watched some of the review vids OMG...the stages look beyond ridiculous.
Yea i pre-ordered FOUR copies of the Super Mario All Stars for the Wii, even tho i do have one big complaint.

Its not THIS Mario All Stars:

But this new DKC is bomb. Why is everything the best in 2d? :D

MKF30

Yeah that's classic SMA Tim, that game brings back memories...you never hear people talk about Yoshi's Island lol, that game was alright....not as good as the Mario games but not bad.

Yeah, Check dude I love oldschool. 2D FTW!

MKF30

Just spoke with a friend online who has it but actually played the 2 player modes too, said the 2 player co-op is tons of fun also. I'm so getting this game around Christmas time :) hopefully. I think they only things they could have added to it was 4 player like SMBW option and online, other then that. Looks and sounds flawless.

MKF30

Yeah, I think I'll probably wind up liking both equally since I've always loved the DKC series and Mario in 2D has always been epic. Some people on youtube and such have told me it's better then SMBW but I think overall Mario would have the edge mainly because of the multiplayer 4 player option. But I'm sure I'll love DKCR. I just hope the motion rolling isn't a pain in the ass. Does it work like Mario propeller where you just use the d-pad?