What's new

New DLC Stages?

Espio

Kokomo
If this is the content we can look forward to along with some of the other leaked things, I'm super excited for the life cycle of the game. Deadpool is one of my favorite stages. I'd really like to see Kombat Tomb though cause that's one of the dope classic stages we have not seen in the NRS era of MK games from 9-11.

Soul Chamber is a treat too alongside that character leak too....I'm here for it.

Gamer68

Fujin!
If this is the content we can look forward to along with some of the other leaked things, I'm super excited for the life cycle of the game. Deadpool is one of my favorite stages. I'd really like to see Kombat Tomb though cause that's one of the dope classic stages we have not seen in the NRS era of MK games from 9-11.

Soul Chamber is a treat too alongside that character leak too....I'm here for it.
So far from leaks we have:
  • Fujin, Sheeva, and Ash Williams
  • Soul Chamber and Deadpool
  • Friendships
  • Raiden announcer
And this is stuff leaking for content that is most likely not coming or even to be announced until 2020. Who knows if there's anything else? Wouldn't be surprised to see a full 6 character Kombat Pack at this point.

But I wonder why NRS won't talk about any of this? A lot of devs have no problem saying that they are planning years worth of DLC characters and sometimes even give roadmaps. I feel like NRS could avoid a lot of criticism regarding the whole "Are they really planning on supporting the game longer, or at they just stretching out content drops?" narrative that's been going around since the DLC character release dates reveal if they would just drop a roadmap or blog or something giving us an idea of the type of content coming out beyond Spawn.

Seriously, if they would say "Yeah we have more characters coming out after Spawn, we are also planning some more stages but you'll have to stay tuned to see what exactly" they would make their fan base less worried about the longevity of the game while also keeping what they are working on exactly as a surprise for later so they can do the big cinematic reveals they always do. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just kinda seems like a win-win to me. Not to mention that NRS already said that they would do better and improve communication, but we really haven't seen much of a change...

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
If they're adding stages too, I wonder if it means we're getting the XL type update that MKX and Injustice 2 got. If that's the case I don't think KP2 is just going to be 3 characters. Maybe they'll finally finish up Sektor and Cyrax to add them to the pack like they did Tanya.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
  • Friendships
And this is stuff leaking for content that is most likely not coming or even to be announced until 2020. Who knows if there's anything else? Wouldn't be surprised to see a full 6 character Kombat Pack at this point.

But I wonder why NRS won't talk about any of this? A lot of devs have no problem saying that they are planning years worth of DLC characters and sometimes even give roadmaps. I feel like NRS could avoid a lot of criticism regarding the whole "Are they really planning on supporting the game longer, or at they just stretching out content drops?" narrative that's been going around since the DLC character release dates reveal if they would just drop a roadmap or blog or something giving us an idea of the type of content coming out beyond Spawn.

Seriously, if they would say "Yeah we have more characters coming out after Spawn, we are also planning some more stages but you'll have to stay tuned to see what exactly" they would make their fan base less worried about the longevity of the game while also keeping what they are working on exactly as a surprise for later so they can do the big cinematic reveals they always do. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just kinda seems like a win-win to me. Not to mention that NRS already said that they would do better and improve communication, but we really haven't seen much of a change...
Pretty sure I heard Raiden voice announcer in that video. Add that to the list.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Awesome news! Do more NRS! Im happy to buy more stages, MK has one of THE best stages in fighting game history, would be a shame not to capitalize on this one. Also I would LOVE if we got Jukebox mode where we can set music from past MK games!

I'll say that if I could have just one classic stage return then it would be the Warrior Shrine. I always found it to be such an underrated stage. I absolutely love the way it looks in The Krypt. If it could be translated into an actual arena, even if it shared the same aesthetic as it has in The Krypt, I'd be hype.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
  • Friendships
  • Raiden announcer

I would love to hear more about future DLC.
Don't get me wrong I just feel many would complain to no end knowing 6 more DLC are years away.
Let's say they tell us yes there is a KP2 and they plan on adding stages. The majority of our community is incredibly whiny and kinda toxic sometimes. I can hear it now, "its great we get KP2 but when" Then people will complain that they have to wait 2 years.

It might actually be good for us to wait having more stuff added as it goes keeping things fresh.
I know the meta is evolving just from 3rd variations not to mention the character balance changes.
As for stages, most if them are about the same length so if the length was different or they added new types of interacables we could see shifts in the meta from that.

I'm cool either way I just know how many would complain. Honestyly they probably would either way.

I want:
The Pit
Acid Pool
Whatever the one is that has purple hooded cloacked floating sorcerers. (That stage)
Subway

But Friendships are absolutely dope. I'm happy with any of these additions but the two most wanted things I want are Cyrax and Hitboxes/Hurtboxes fixed.

I can hear it now, "its great we get KP2 but when" Then people will complain that they have to wait 2 years.
And the obligatory "the game will be dead by then..."

It might actually be good for us to wait having more stuff added as it goes keeping things fresh.
No matter how much stuff is in the game, people have this knack of clocking it in record time, or have really short attention spans so it gets boring very quickly.

So i agree with that, this way they're forced to wait to get something new. Either they'll stick around playing occasionally or they'll come back when the new stuff is released.

DeftMonk

Noob
  • Friendships
  • Raiden announcer
are people just now hearing about raiden being an announcer at some point? I made a post a long time ago about if u use the mk11unlocker on pc he becomes available. Anywho, hopefully stage fatalities are coming otherwise no need to bring the deadpool back yet.