What's new

New Discoveries

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I had a thought that maybe anything questionable we've never seen before that we encounter we could post here. (must like Lex's Theorycrafting thread but more for things you've never/rarely seen before) For example:

- I've recently found that USub and Sindel can both be juggled with Reptile's HPHPHP variation, which I've never come across anywhere else. It's just as easy and more damage than the LPHPHP I see posted in guides and wherever else concerning Reptile's infinite.

- Cyrax has many mix ups after the throw that I never see anyone do. These options include but are not limited to the following: (all start with throw) LP, JK, air throw whiff, knee; LP, HP, air throw whiff, knee; LP, RH, zoning... I have even gotten LPHPHP to a JK on Jax before. Some of these mix ups provide a lot more damage than the standard HK or aaNets that I usually see. Just providing some more to Cyrax strategies in case some players were unaware.

- Jax can get a Gotcha Grab after his autocombo with the last hit left off... I've only seen DC Hustle do this in a match. Wondering if anyone else has luck with the timing?

That's all for now. A lot of my stuff I'm going to post in the theorycrafting thread.

ded

Elder God
yeah reptile can do that inf on usub and sindel but for me at least its easier with aaLPaaHPx2, thats why i decided to put that one in the guide

best cyrax mixup after throw imo is move in the middle of the character (so you reverse his directions) and get another throw, you can mix that up also with aaHK, air throw or whatever....works even against wakeup-ers like kabal and ninja teleporters because their back direction is fucked up

the only characters jax can get gotcha after auto combo are usub and jax, so you wont see that often unless its against those two and the timing for it is tricky

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
ded_ said:
yeah reptile can do that inf on usub and sindel but for me at least its easier with aaLPaaHPx2, thats why i decided to put that one in the guide

best cyrax mixup after throw imo is move in the middle of the character (so you reverse his directions) and get another throw, you can mix that up also with aaHK, air throw or whatever....works even against wakeup-ers like kabal and ninja teleporters because their back direction is fucked up

the only characters jax can get gotcha after auto combo are usub and jax, so you wont see that often unless its against those two and the timing for it is tricky
Good stuff. I swear on my life that DC Hustle could consistently get a Gotcha Grab on male ninjas. Sugar saw it too. I've tried and failed many many times on it though.

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
ded_ said:
best cyrax mixup after throw imo is move in the middle of the character (so you reverse his directions) and get another throw,
Yes and Sheeva can do it as well.

ded

Elder God
correct but it she needs a bigger distance and its more risky with her, sheeva suck overall :p

dreamcatcher, I just tryied it and cant get gotcha after autocombo against male ninjas. are you sure its working in xbla version?

i didnt know u could start rep's inf. like this ^

its in the second round.......very nice..........i can't do it like that

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
ded_ said:
correct but it she needs a bigger distance and its more risky with her, sheeva suck overall :p

dreamcatcher, I just tryied it and cant get gotcha after autocombo against male ninjas. are you sure its working in xbla version?
Yes. Last time I saw it was from DC Hustle about a year ago.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The Cyrax tactics I've known about(as a cyrax player) but just prefer to Charge and re-throw or simply HK afterwards(which mentioned already here), Jab into JK, Air throw IMO is too risky because one, I've noticed online misses half the time...lol and if you miss, you get a jab(maybe a JK) at best....

But that's me(everyone is different)

^ the cyrax throw lp jk air throw is e z, but u cant do it on every one. jus walk forward a lil bit to get the punch right. i love doin that shit

- n e one notice when tryin his airthrow infinite, the damage readout is totally wrong (when u mess up)

- also one time i was crouch blocking in corner when someone teleported into corner and i got 2 crouching lps, i coulda done the infinite if i knew how. i thot it was funny b/c it was an accident gettin the first crouch punch

^ is this the kinda discoveries u r talkin about dreamcatcher?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
RollTide8569 said:
- also one time i was crouch blocking in corner when someone teleported into corner and i got 2 crouching lps, i coulda done the infinite if i knew how. i thot it was funny b/c it was an accident gettin the first crouch punch

^ is this the kinda discoveries u r talkin about dreamcatcher?
Yeah definitely. Anything helps us put together a bigger puzzle of the game. There's always more to learn.

As far as the Cyrax tactics, I wouldn't recommend the air throw whiff strategy on the smaller characters. You get raped when you miss lol.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
RollTide8569 said:

i didnt know u could start rep's inf. like this ^

its in the second round.......very nice..........i can't do it like that
I've tried a few cycles of HPHP changing to a HPHP, HP and it is pretty tough but possible. I'm just not the best with Reptile and I get too discouraged with him online.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Sometimes with cyrax after a throw, I drop a close bomb and depending on my opponent, I react. Some would try a getaway move, because I go for the kick combo the first time, for example kabal's spin or nw's shoulder ram. That's when I wait and punish

Or if they jump and you can "foresee" their jump, go for the air throw and with luck they'll land on the explosion, lol

Another times they'll decide to react too late, so a net would catch them. Or a jk

Just addin' something

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
NinjaGrinder said:
Sometimes with cyrax after a throw, I drop a close bomb and depending on my opponent, I react. Some would try a getaway move, because I go for the kick combo the first time, for example kabal's spin or nw's shoulder ram. That's when I wait and punish

Or if they jump and you can "foresee" their jump, go for the air throw and with luck they'll land on the explosion, lol

Another times they'll decide to react too late, so a net would catch them. Or a jk

Just addin' something
I like the Cyrax rushing strategy to runjab and drop a bomb...that way if they jump away you can air throw them, hopefully onto the bomb like you said. :)

AC1984

Kaballin!
I wish i could play with Cyrax :-(

P.S. I love the MKK tutorials(Kano,Smoke and Hsmoke). Those video files are very useful for dudes who just started with a particular character.

AC1984 said:
P.S. I love the MKK tutorials(Kano,Smoke and Hsmoke). Those video files are very useful for dudes who just started with a particular character.
i wish they would make more, they helped out the noobling named rolltide about 2 years ago

Dreamcatcher said:
Pfffft. You know what mame can be like.
I hate Mame. :mad: I can't trust my inputs to come out right so i quit playin it. I could prolly write an essay about why I hate Mame but i'm not gonna do it

AC1984

Kaballin!
I guess i never spent enough time to learn him, I mean I would use him once in a while but he demands a lot of knowledge and creativity. But in the future i will develop some skills with Cyrax, Shang and Mileena....

MKF30

@AC, Cyrax is a pain to play as and takes lots of patience but if you can compete with him, the end result is good and fun :) I love using him, but it took me years to really improve with him to the level of competing(especially since he's a lower tier that goes against him)

@Rolltide, yeah man I hear ya but still lol with lag man I don't like taking the chance in general...if you miss you'll get punished :mad: not worth it IMO, so I always play it safe ;)

S

SuGaR

Anyone on XBL got a good Cyrax? If you say someone I disagree with, you'll know. =)

AC1984

Kaballin!
I agree MKF0 its gonna take some time and its not gonna be a week...I'm gonna start using them more often...

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
AC1984 said:
I guess i never spent enough time to learn him, I mean I would use him once in a while but he demands a lot of knowledge and creativity. But in the future i will develop some skills with Cyrax, Shang and Mileena....
Yeah, it takes practice, but I don´t think it takes much more than the others. It's just he's bad overall, you have to rely on mind games and pressure, plus knowing when to be patient. I don't have a really good cyrax, let's say a "tournament cyrax"? jeje no, but in casuals I've kicked some ninja's, kabal's, reptile's and even nw's asses

Sometimes people get too confident when they see you pick cyrax and they play unsafe, take advantage of that jajaja

MKF30

We should play again Sugar sometime, ;) he's not my best #1 guy but I can use him (Cyrax)that is ;)

Of course against Kabal or Smoke, I'll probably lose but I like the challenge ;) it makes me play harder.