What's new

Tech - Grandmaster New corner combo idea vs females

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I used this video to get some ideas.

The most consistent thing I got off raw B2 is B2, B2, 1, B3xx, Klone. Then you can NJP, FJP, F12xx, Klone. If you want damage then NJP, FJK, 123xx, Slide.

As far as the Klone out B2, 242 I would drop that combo because there is no string to wait out the cool down and the gravity spikes high. I suggest using a bar for MB Iceball. If you B2 and they didn't get smacked into the Klone then just do the B2, B2, D1, B12xx, MB Ice Ball. It's not great but it is consistent. If I find something more useful I will post it but for now these seem to be the best choice.

If the Klone is further back then I'd recommend doing shatter combos. It does tons of damage quickly and if you damage the opponent more, they're more than likely dead and you won't need to worry about the setup. Also if the Klone is further back a tech I use is 12xx, Klone Shatter. The 1 whiffs (faking the overhead) and the 2 darts forward and hits low. As far as I know it's safe because of the shards and breaks armor.

Tom please don't take this the wrong way but when I watch you play I notice you're more concerned about the setup than damage. You tend to cut combos short instead of doing the full thing like (NJP, NJK. Instead of NJP, FJP/FJK, 123xx, Slide for the round). Sometimes it leaves opponents with a pixel and almost costs you the round and sometimes even costs you the corner into the next round. I also noticed a lot of Sub-Zero players tend to idle and not pressure the opponent. I've been testing out doing a block string into Ice Burst then another string into Klone instead of just a string into Klone. It throws people off, does some more chip and pushes to the corner while still ending in Klone. Just some suggestions. I want to see you win more.

Last edited:
I used this video to get some ideas.

The most consistent thing I got off raw B2 is B2, B2, 1, B3xx, Klone. Then you can NJP, FJP, F12xx, Klone. If you want damage then NJP, FJK, 123xx, Slide.

As far as the Klone out B2, 242 I would drop that combo because there is no string to wait out the cool down and the gravity spikes high. I suggest using a bar for MB Iceball. If you B2 and they didn't get smacked into the Klone then just do the B2, B2, D1, B12xx, MB Ice Ball. It's not great but it is consistent. If I find something more useful I will post it but for now these seem to be the best choice.

If the Klone is further back then I'd recommend doing shatter combos. It does tons of damage quickly and if you damage the opponent more, they're more than likely dead and you won't need to worry about the setup. Also if the Klone is further back a tech I use is 12xx, Klone Shatter. The 1 whiffs (faking the overhead) and the 2 darts forward and hits low. As far as I know it's safe because of the shards and breaks armor.

Tom please don't take this the wrong way but when I watch you play I notice you're more concerned about the setup than damage. You tend to cut combos short instead of doing the full thing like (NJP, NJK. Instead of NJP, FJP/FJK, 123xx, Slide for the round). Sometimes it leaves opponents with a pixel and almost costs you the round and sometimes even costs you the corner into the next round. I also noticed a lot of Sub-Zero players tend to idle and not pressure the opponent. I've been testing out doing a block string into Ice Burst then another string into Klone instead of just a string into Klone. It throws people off, does some more chip and pushes to the corner while still ending in Klone. Just some suggestions. I want to see you win more.
Setup > Damage unless the damage gives you a GUARANTEED win. Even when you can get a chip out win you have to guess quick rise, short get up, long get up.

I use full combos for the kill all the time unless I am unsure if the damage will be enough, then and only then to I opt for set up in that situation.

Last edited:

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Setup > Damage unless the damage gives you a GUARANTEED chip win and even then you have to guess quick rise, short get up, long get up
That's what I specified. The damage for the kill. Though you can squeeze a percentage or 2 more from your combos. 242, FJP, FJP, F12xx, Klone. It gives you the smothering Klone and a few more points of damage instead of FJP, NJKxx, Klone.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I spent hours on hours in the lab getting familiar with a lot of different combos to decide which I could do most consistently.

After all the testing I settled on B2,B2,1,1,B12xxClone, as my standard wall combo. It works on females, although if you do it slightly too quick it whiffs. I've done it about a million times however, it becomes super consistent, and I can record and post a video of me doing 10 reps if needed. The second jab makes the whole thing much more consistent. Going for a third jab gives no extra damage but means that if you connect the B12 IT WILL FREEZE FEMALES EVERY SINGLE TIME, and I strongly considered going for this as my wall BnB and imprinting this through practice, but in the end decided two jabs was consistent enough for me, but I might go back and relearn this. Regardless, I like it because it's just the same combo for men and women, meaning whenever and wherever you do it you are practicing that timing, and also, it's the highest damage we will get doing this.

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
B2,B2,D1,B12xxIce clone is super inconsistent to me, I think I'll just start spending the bar of meter for a guaranted set up even on male chars.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
I spent hours on hours in the lab getting familiar with a lot of different combos to decide which I could do most consistently.

After all the testing I settled on B2,B2,1,1,B12xxClone, as my standard wall combo. It works on females, although if you do it slightly too quick it whiffs. I've done it about a million times however, it becomes super consistent, and I can record and post a video of me doing 10 reps if needed. The second jab makes the whole thing much more consistent. Going for a third jab gives no extra damage but means that if you connect the B12 IT WILL FREEZE FEMALES EVERY SINGLE TIME, and I strongly considered going for this as my wall BnB and imprinting this through practice, but in the end decided two jabs was consistent enough for me, but I might go back and relearn this. Regardless, I like it because it's just the same combo for men and women, meaning whenever and wherever you do it you are practicing that timing, and also, it's the highest damage we will get doing this.
Same - i tried the b2 b2 d1 b12 clone combo, and didn't like the timing, so I changed it to the 1,1 b12 :p so much easier to me XD (however, not easier online :p)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
B2,B2,D1,B12xxIce clone is super inconsistent to me, I think I'll just start spending the bar of meter for a guaranted set up even on male chars.
After the D1, don't go straight into the B12. Hold off on the B12 just a tiny bit, because the clone likes to come out more consistently when the opponent is closer to the ground.

It'll take a little practice, but the timing is very easy to pull off once you beat it into your muscle memory.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox

Hands you are a boss! It works just as consistent as the male combo. Same height for the B12xx part. Looks like we have a winner.

I personally was having great success with B2, B2, D1, 1xxclone

But i havent tried 1,1,B12xxClone yet, sounds interesting

this thread has been very helpful

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I was messing about there not with the low but to get max dmg on female chars will still having the same positioning and adv

B2 b1,2 ice ball njp late ji2 njk 27% i have screenshots that i will upload showing that when you do the late ji2 you will get the exact same positioning as youw ould without it, and i set both to jump, it looks and feels its the same advantage as Sub still jumps a few frames after ice clone before AI gets up (but cant be sure)

Once you get the timing down of b12 ice ball after back 2 the rest should be easy dont be put off by alte ji2 i just mean dont do its uper instantly so you can get clone closer and maintain your advantage, the only tiny negative thing about is the AI is is a micro hairline away in the difference with Brady b3 video but the Clone foot is still about halfway in Mileana's foot

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Ok so I went back and tested Hands' method. B2, B2, 1, 1, B12xx, Klone, NJP, FJP, F12 gives the most damage with the setup. A tip on the 1,1 part is do the first 1 quickly then slightly delay the second 1 then do the B12 when they're low like the males. I found D1,D1 can also substitute 1,1.

For when the Klone is out, wait a second to time the cool down. B2, 242, 1, B3xx, Klone, NJP, FJP, F12. On the 1 hit them at the top of Sub's head. For the B3xx do it right after the 1 and it should catch almost all the time.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Ok so I went back and tested Hands' method. B2, B2, 1, 1, B12xx, Klone, NJP, FJP, F12 gives the most damage with the setup. A tip on the 1,1 part is do the first 1 quickly then slightly delay the second 1 then do the B12 when they're low like the males. I found D1,D1 can also substitute 1,1.

For when the Klone is out, wait a second to time the cool down. B2, 242, 1, B3xx, Klone, NJP, FJP, F12. On the 1 hit them at the top of Sub's head. For the B3xx do it right after the 1 and it should catch almost all the time.
Crosshair's got it. There is a small window of timing where your freeze will work against males but whiff against females, but for the most part, it's very consistent, and once you get your rhythm you'll be able to nail it, as Cross said it's about not pressing the buttons the second they come out, I use a slightly different rhythm to how he is doing it (and sort of delay the timing between the jabs so that I've got one fluid timing between each button press after the B2's) but that just proves its fairly flexible, the important thing is that they are nice and low when the B12 hits.

I personally was having great success with B2, B2, D1, 1xxclone

But i havent tried 1,1,B12xxClone yet, sounds interesting

this thread has been very helpful
I found D1,D1 can also substitute 1,1.
So, I labbed this out extensively. Like really extensively, the hours I put into just this one wall combo it is kind of embarassing. But, I REALLY wanted to know for my own confirmation without a doubt which is the most consistent.

D1 D1 works well too, although I can give you 100% guarantee that it is less consistent than 1,1, even if not by a huge amount. Going D1,1, is somewhere in between. The most consistent is 1,1. It must be something to do with the frames on the 1 jab, I have no idea. Can't give you much more to go on but my word here, but I sunk hours upon hours into every single option, trying different timings, and this is the one that I settled on as slightly (but significantly) more consistent then the rest. Not an execution thing either as I'd be using D1 for the longest time. 1,1, is just better I think.

To anyone else wondering, look at the consistency in Cross's video in the post above mine, and he just picked that combo up today. It may feel awkward at first but it becomes pretty natural

Last edited:

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Crosshair's got it. There is a small window of timing where your freeze will work against males but whiff against females, but for the most part, it's very consistent, and once you get your rhythm you'll be able to nail it, as Cross said it's about not pressing the buttons the second they come out, I use a slightly different rhythm to how he is doing it (and sort of delay the timing between the jabs so that I've got one fluid timing between each button press after the B2's) but that just proves its fairly flexible, the important thing is that they are nice and low when the B12 hits.

So, I labbed this out extensively. Like really extensively, the hours I put into just this one wall combo it is kind of embarassing. But, I REALLY wanted to know for my own confirmation without a doubt which is the most consistent.

D1 D1 works well too, although I can give you 100% guarantee that it is less consistent than 1,1, even if not by a huge amount. Going D1,1, is somewhere in between. The most consistent is 1,1. It must be something to do with the frames on the 1 jab, I have no idea. Can't give you much more to go on but my word here, but I sunk hours upon hours into every single option, trying different timings, and this is the one that I settled on as slightly (but significantly) more consistent then the rest. Not an execution thing either as I'd be using D1 for the longest time. 1,1, is just better I think.

To anyone else wondering, look at the consistency in Cross's video in the post above mine, and he just picked that combo up today. It may feel awkward at first but it becomes pretty natural
My rhythm almost feels like an accelerating button press. Use the periods for timing(1...1..B12).

For now I feel more comfortable with 1,1 instead of D1,D1 but everyone should practice and see which feels better to them. (D1,1) and (1,D1) also work and seem to have a better flow of button presses. All options work and do the same damage. By the way this works for males too and it does 1 extra percent of damage. Get the damage wherever you can. The reason I think this works is because you quickly juggle the opponent right before the Klone. When you juggle an opponent their legs first go down then kick up in the air possibly moving them out of the Klones' collision box/restrictor. The timing may just be right to get a touching Klone.

As far as me picking the combo up quickly, it all depends on the individual of how good their execution is and how much they want it to work.

Last edited:

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I spent a few minutes practicing the b2, b2, 1, 1, b12~Clone. It timing is very restrict, but it's doable. I think with a lot of practice we can achieve perfection in this.

I GOT HANDS

Timing is definitely hard on it, but I feel like it's the best we gonna get other than spending that meter for an ex-Snowball. At least it can be made somewhat consistent, and it doesn't feel like such a coin flip, like many of the other ones do. Everytime I fail it I know exactly what I did wrong.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I spent a few minutes practicing the b2, b2, 1, 1, b12~Clone. It timing is very restrict, but it's doable. I think with a lot of practice we can achieve perfection in this.
Timing is definitely hard on it, but I feel like it's the best we gonna get other than spending that meter for an ex-Snowball. At least it can be made somewhat consistent, and it doesn't feel like such a coin flip, like many of the other ones do. Everytime I fail it I know exactly what I did wrong.
My philosophy is if it isn't a 1 frame link then it's worth practicing and using.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Spending meter just to get a hard knockdown isn't a viable option imo, unless you really fell like you can keep the bitch locked in the corner (depending on the matchup and your opponent lack of meter).

Also the combo b2, 1, wait a little, b3~Clone seems to be very, very consistent and easy as fuck... but lacks damage.

My philosophy is if it isn't a 1 frame link then it's worth practicing and using.
You should stay the fuck away from USF4 then. lol

I can't say if it's 1 frame link, but that damn combo is very tricky.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
This is the combo I use. It does works very consistantly for a solid 30%
The most damaging combo with setup I found was B2, B2, 1, 1, B12xx Klone, NJP, FJP, F12, Klone 37%. It's in the video I posted above.
If you want to stick with your combo I suggest tweaking the end for a few more points of damage and have a better setup with the Klone being closer.
Try this. B2, B2, D1, B3xx Klone, NJP, FJP, F12, Klone. Should get you 33-35%? Same or better Klone setup time, position as NJP/NJK ender.