What's new

Tech New Black Adam throw tech

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
After some calculations and experimenting, I've come to stumble upon new tech from Adam's trait cancel into throw.

Turns out his B2 T throw 23% is not just frame. It's about 3-5 frames, a pretty large window. His just frame is a whole lot scarier.

Just framing a B2 trait cancel throw results in a 23% throw which if the opponent techs will still inflict ALL of the trait damage and 2% for attempting one.

The non-just frame version of the throw will only inflict 6% damage which is 1 orb and 2% damage from attempting to throw, the just frame version will hit them with ALL the orbs.

It's pretty difficult but you can get the timing down to do it consistently.

@AK Smarrgasm
@Qwark28
@Killin Natzees
@Joker8417
@SonicBoomBrad
@DownfouralitY
@Nori Batousai
@JaredL
@GGA HAN
@DeadlyCreampuff
@FOREVER KING
@FrothyOmen

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I had been noticing 23% throws from time to time. So that's how it works.

I think it also works better from a longer distance, if its close your orbs will hit them blocking. If further away, they won't hit so the throw actually hits them for you.

Also explain just framing.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

I think it also works better from a longer distance, if its close your orbs will hit them blocking. If further away, they won't hit so the throw actually hits them for you.

Have you ever played Tekken 4? Remember Paul's Demolition Man (DF4, 2: 1+2)? That's a just frame, you can't mash it and have a specific time only to input the move

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

23% throw= about 5 frames to pull it off, does 14% if teched when done at frame 1 and 6% if done any slower.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I love killing people when they tech the obvious throw. I see all the hope drain out of them and get replaced with salty rage.

JaredL

Hmm, getting much better results inputting shit manually than mashing the throw button after.

Good stuff.

On hit it seems that you get the 3% from the overhead, and 2 orbs so 11% and the next one can be blocked. So, on hit it seems to be 12.5%

JaredL

I love killing people when they tech the obvious throw. I see all the hope drain out of them and get replaced with salty rage.

Its even more humiliating because if the orbs kill them, the throw will have black adam thrown back as if he were damaged. Dragging it on for a little bit longer.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hmm, getting much better results inputting shit manually than mashing the throw button after.

Good stuff.

On hit it seems that you get the 3% from the overhead, and 2 orbs so 11% and the next one can be blocked. So, on hit it seems to be 12.5%
No, you get 12% from all the orbs and 2% simply for attempting a throw. Do it fast enough and they will all hit.

The reason you can't mash just frames is because it takes time to press a button, take your finger off of it and re-press it.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
No, you get 12% from all the orbs and 2% simply for attempting a throw. Do it fast enough and they will all hit.

The reason you can't mash just frames is because it takes time to press a button, take your finger off of it and re-press it.
I explained the just frame to him above in my post but he might have me on ignore

JaredL

I mean as in, if your B2 actually hits.

JaredL

You know, this works for a lot of things.

B1 works.
Scratch that. F2 gets reversal punished.