What's new

New Batman Corner 50/50 Concept

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Short video that showcases the ability to do MB Roll > release bats > and confirm in the corner:

- The bat hits cross-up in this video, but you can release them earlier to do a non-cross-up (thus a 50/50)
- Best part about this is it works with any amount of bats...1, 2 or 3 (I use only 1 in this clip)
- It's an unreactable mix-up and only you know which side it will hit on, there aren't any telltale signs for your opp
- You can do this mid-screen as well, or off D3, or off B3 > F3 hard knockdown midscreen. Possibilities are endless

Hope this sparks some more creativity for someone else!

https://twitter.com/raynexpress/status/870889467330146304

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Cool, but you can block both options while ducking. Maybe it would work when cancelling into mb roll off f3 since the opponent would be blocking high

Raynex

I come from a Capcom background, totally forgot about down to block. So unless they're holding left / right for an overhead, all mid hitting mixups can be blocked with down..hm

Yeah F3 or maybe a deep blocked j.3? Something that induces enough blockstun + makes them stand

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Like was mentioned, holding down blocks both sides. There's also delay wakeup and tech roll to consider here as well. And some wakeups will auto correct or simply bypass the trait with their invincibility.

Too many variables to be viable imo, but still a good concept. I feel this kinda stuff is more viable midscreen when trying to get in on a zoner in neutral.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Short video that showcases the ability to do MB Roll > release bats > and confirm in the corner:

- The bat hits cross-up in this video, but you can release them earlier to do a non-cross-up (thus a 50/50)
- Best part about this is it works with any amount of bats...1, 2 or 3 (I use only 1 in this clip)
- It's an unreactable mix-up and only you know which side it will hit on, there aren't any telltale signs for your opp
- You can do this mid-screen as well, or off D3, or off B3 > F3 hard knockdown midscreen. Possibilities are endless

Hope this sparks some more creativity for someone else!

https://twitter.com/raynexpress/status/870889467330146304
Great concept btw

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Could be interesting to catch people off guard if you knock them down and charge F3 then dash cancel it > roll. If they start holding down you can let the cross up/non crossup F3 mixup rock. Neat!

Raynex

Could be interesting to catch people off guard if you knock them down and charge F3 then dash cancel it > roll. If they start holding down you can let the cross up/non crossup F3 mixup rock. Neat!
This is the best application of the idea, I believe. I'll do B112 ender, charge F3, then when they rise I'll dash + mb roll and run the mix-up. In the case they sit there watching the F3 charge, holding back to block, they will get hit by the mix. Second scenario is if they wake-up attack...but every time I've done this the wake-up attack has whiffed completely.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I
This is the best application of the idea, I believe. I'll do B112 ender, charge F3, then when they rise I'll dash + mb roll and run the mix-up. In the case they sit there watching the F3 charge, holding back to block, they will get hit by the mix. Second scenario is if they wake-up attack...but every time I've done this the wake-up attack has whiffed completely.
If anyone gets hit by that I'll laugh. Cause they'll see that roll and there's recovery on it as well. I'm sure a seasoned fighter will notice that.

Raynex

I

If anyone gets hit by that I'll laugh. Cause they'll see that roll and there's recovery on it as well. I'm sure a seasoned fighter will notice that.
You're releasing bats mid-roll, with meaty timing. They can't mash on you or punish your roll recovery, as bats induce blockstun (or they hit and lead into a confirm). They have to either take it to the face or reversal. I'll make another short vid displaying how it beats mashing.